Eternal Fame -Elvis Lives

All the Elvis you can take
User avatar

Colin B
Posts: 10219
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:35 pm
Location: Gravesend - UK
Has thanked: 1337 times
Been thanked: 1782 times

Re: Eternal Fame -Elvis Lives

Postby Colin B » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:49 pm

cadillac-elvis wrote:If you need me to post any other Susannah Hoffs material, as it allegedly relates to Elvis, just let me know.


Bring 'em on I say !
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B


cadillac-elvis
Posts: 229
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:16 am
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 50 times

Re: Eternal Fame -Elvis Lives

Postby cadillac-elvis » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:57 pm

But is there any more? But then again who cares if it's Elvis related right.

User avatar

Topic author
Private Presley
Posts: 3133
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:01 pm
Has thanked: 253 times
Been thanked: 624 times

Re: Eternal Fame -Elvis Lives

Postby Private Presley » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:29 pm

Mister Moon wrote:
Private Presley wrote:Elvis' 40 best songs
http://elvis.commercialappeal.com/blue- ... -songs.php


I agree with most choices in this list (except for "Baby What You Want Me To Do" and a couple of 1969 tracks), but it's VERY surprising that "If I Can Dream" is not included.

I agree with you on "If I Can Dream", and not a single gospel track is also included.
ImageImage

User avatar

Mister Moon
Posts: 2410
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:35 pm
Has thanked: 546 times
Been thanked: 789 times

Re: Eternal Fame -Elvis Lives

Postby Mister Moon » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:22 am

Private Presley wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:
Private Presley wrote:Elvis' 40 best songs
http://elvis.commercialappeal.com/blue- ... -songs.php


I agree with most choices in this list (except for "Baby What You Want Me To Do" and a couple of 1969 tracks), but it's VERY surprising that "If I Can Dream" is not included.

I agree with you on "If I Can Dream", and not a single gospel track is also included.


You are right. My vote would go for "Peace In The Valley".

"Crying In The Chapel", although not strictly a gospel track, wouldn't have gone amiss, either.

User avatar

John
Posts: 7244
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:36 pm
Has thanked: 552 times
Been thanked: 1388 times

Re: Eternal Fame -Elvis Lives

Postby John » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:58 pm

Mister Moon wrote:
Private Presley wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:
Private Presley wrote:Elvis' 40 best songs
http://elvis.commercialappeal.com/blue- ... -songs.php


I agree with most choices in this list (except for "Baby What You Want Me To Do" and a couple of 1969 tracks), but it's VERY surprising that "If I Can Dream" is not included.

I agree with you on "If I Can Dream", and not a single gospel track is also included.


You are right. My vote would go for "Peace In The Valley".

"Crying In The Chapel", although not strictly a gospel track, wouldn't have gone amiss, either.

The vocal on Crying In The Chapel is beautiful. I love that song. I don't think he could have sung it any better.

User avatar

TonyS
Posts: 1691
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:23 pm
Has thanked: 418 times
Been thanked: 610 times

Re: Eternal Fame -Elvis Lives

Postby TonyS » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:32 pm

John wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:
Private Presley wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:
Private Presley wrote:Elvis' 40 best songs
http://elvis.commercialappeal.com/blue- ... -songs.php


I agree with most choices in this list (except for "Baby What You Want Me To Do" and a couple of 1969 tracks), but it's VERY surprising that "If I Can Dream" is not included.

I agree with you on "If I Can Dream", and not a single gospel track is also included.


You are right. My vote would go for "Peace In The Valley".

"Crying In The Chapel", although not strictly a gospel track, wouldn't have gone amiss, either.

The vocal on Crying In The Chapel is beautiful. I love that song. I don't think he could have sung it any better.

I'd love to know why it was left in the can for five years?
www.memphismansion.com
What a great place to visit, it really is.


Return to “Everything Elvis”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 7 guests