Can A1 clean up old Elvis recordings like the new Beatles release "Now And Then"?

All the Elvis you can take

skabillyrebels

Re: Can A1 clean up old Elvis recordings like the new Beatles release "Now And Then"?

Postby skabillyrebels » Sat Nov 18, 2023 1:32 pm

John wrote:
PiersEIN wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:
John wrote:I'm not sure what you have against stereo, against hearing each instrument clearly, which you certainly can't do with mono when instruments are hidden behind each other, and when vocals are sometimes hidden behind the instruments.

Have you heard the new Beatles Red and Blue albums?

Simply put, I have nothing against true stereo. I don't like mono recordings being tampered with.

Incidentally, I was listening to The Beatles' YouTube channel this very afternoon, to some of the new mixes featured in the new Red and Blue versions. It's undeniable that the overall sound is great, but those songs have always sounded great to me, in the original George Martin mixes, mono or stereo. I don't like the fact that some elements are, again, arbitrarily moved front or back to create a new sound image that has nothing to do with the original concept developed by Martin and the band. For example, who is to say that the cowbell in "You Can't Do That" has to be almost totally removed ? It's one of the coolest features in one of the coolest Beatles tracks ever, in my opinion. Stuff like that is what I don't like.

There is no doubt that SONY / RCA are now looking at the success of Apple / Universal flogging The Beatles Red & Blue compilations all over again.

At some point we will get a new ELVIS compilation with the marketing of "Now with Elvis' Greatest HITS all in TRUE STEREO - for the very first time!"
ERIC records do a great job, as does Anthony Stuchbury with his recent efforts.
get Vic Anesini or Ray Bardani to do the high-quality ReMastering and I'll buy it.

Cheers
Piers

Mr Stuchbury's work is already top notch. It's hard to see how it can be improved upon.

in the audio engineering world there's always room for improvement.
"Don't tell me to play it. I will when I get ready. Do you understand me?"

Topic author
John

Re: Can A1 clean up old Elvis recordings like the new Beatles release "Now And Then"?

Postby John » Sat Nov 18, 2023 1:35 pm

skabillyrebels wrote:
John wrote:
PiersEIN wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:
John wrote:I'm not sure what you have against stereo, against hearing each instrument clearly, which you certainly can't do with mono when instruments are hidden behind each other, and when vocals are sometimes hidden behind the instruments.

Simply put, I have nothing against true stereo. I don't like mono recordings being tampered with.

Incidentally, I was listening to The Beatles' YouTube channel this very afternoon, to some of the new mixes featured in the new Red and Blue versions. It's undeniable that the overall sound is great, but those songs have always sounded great to me, in the original George Martin mixes, mono or stereo. I don't like the fact that some elements are, again, arbitrarily moved front or back to create a new sound image that has nothing to do with the original concept developed by Martin and the band. For example, who is to say that the cowbell in "You Can't Do That" has to be almost totally removed ? It's one of the coolest features in one of the coolest Beatles tracks ever, in my opinion. Stuff like that is what I don't like.

There is no doubt that SONY / RCA are now looking at the success of Apple / Universal flogging The Beatles Red & Blue compilations all over again.

At some point we will get a new ELVIS compilation with the marketing of "Now with Elvis' Greatest HITS all in TRUE STEREO - for the very first time!"
get Vic Anesini or Ray Bardani to do the high-quality ReMastering and I'll buy it.

Cheers
Piers

Mr Stuchbury's work is already top notch. It's hard to see how it can be improved upon.

You're right, but it's hard to see how...at the moment.

skabillyrebels

Postby skabillyrebels » Sat Nov 18, 2023 1:46 pm

John wrote:
skabillyrebels wrote:
John wrote:
PiersEIN wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:

Cheers
Piers

I agree with Sun CDs that he work on he has improved his craft.But his previous work was not so good in my opinion.
With this type of work you have to walk before you run.
"Don't tell me to play it. I will when I get ready. Do you understand me?"

rockinrebel

Postby rockinrebel » Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:34 pm

skabillyrebels wrote:
John wrote:
skabillyrebels wrote:
John wrote:
PiersEIN wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:

Cheers
Piers

I agree with Sun CDs that he work on he has improved his craft.But his previous work was not so good in my opinion.
With this type of work you have to walk before you run.

Well, judging by what was achieved with the 'Rock n Roll No.1' CD Mr Stuchbury was born to run...

Return to “Everything Elvis”