TCBCast Podcast Thread

All the Elvis you can take

Topic author
JustinGausman

TCBCast Podcast Thread

Postby JustinGausman » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:18 am

Hey everyone,

Feel free to move from Everything Elvis if this maybe belongs elsewhere!

I'm thrilled to launch TCBCast: An Unofficial Elvis Presley Fan Podcast today! Myself and co-host Gurdip Ladhar have had this in the works for a little while now, after we both realized that while there is the excellent but brief Graceland Podcast out of Graceland and of course the longtime online radio show & fan favorite (mine as well) Elvis Express Radio, there were no other Elvis fan podcasts out there in the usual podcasting channels focusing on discussion-only about the man and his art, but there seem to be quite a few for other major artists like The Beatles and Michael Jackson, so we decided to take the matter into our own hands!

We plan on doing an episode a week, recording on Wednesday, releasing the following Tuesday, starting today with our first episode. Format-wise, we'll have one major discussion topic for an episode and then each of us presents a surprise "Song of the Week" to the other for discussion. This first episode runs a little over an hour and a half since we're doing introductions and laying out the format of the show. Our first discussion topics are really broad - this first episode we cover growing up after Elvis' death as a second generation fan, Elvis's musical growth from a rock'n'roll star to all-around entertainer, and how Elvis' fame is a cautionary tale for internet celebrities. Next week we plan on talking about Elvis in the 21st Century and where to start if you're a new fan, and later have planned discussions on Elvis' movies (both starring him and about him), his place in pop culture and society, and of course both influences on him and his influences on others.

Our only goal is to be educational and entertaining, and we're aiming at both older, established Elvis fans and total newbies. We want to try to make understanding and appreciating Elvis a little more approachable through our discussions and hopefully present some new perspectives as fans that grew up post-77. We hope you'll follow along each episode and give us feedback, either in here or email us at tcbcast@gmail.com.

The podcast is available at the link(s) below but should be accessible through iPhone's "podcasts" app, iTunes, and most other podcast apps on desktop & mobile, including Spotify.

Show: http://tcbcast.libsyn.com/
Episode 1: http://tcbcast.libsyn.com/tcbcast-001-b ... -elvis-fan

Thanks!
-Justin Gausman

:D :D :D

John

Re: TCBCast Podcast Thread

Postby John » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:03 am

Nice idea. I've downloaded it onto my iPod and will listen to it while out and about. Good luck with everything.

TonyS
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby TonyS » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:10 am

Excellent idea, congrats and best wishes.

elvislady

Postby elvislady » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:26 am

Thanks justin, This works great on my ipad, Good luck with this i think it will do well.
Welcome to my world
http://uk.youtube.com/user/elvislady

Don't judge me. You know my name, But not my story.
Thank you ( Jeanette )

John

Postby John » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:03 pm

I got halfway through whilst out in the car this morning. Enjoyed it, went to start listening again after my appointment and got an ENGINE SYSTEMS FAULT message. My car may not be an Elvis fan.

Topic author
JustinGausman

Postby JustinGausman » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:51 pm

Thanks Tony & elvislady! John, holy moly! Hopefully the repairs don't cost too much. Otherwise, maybe you'll have to mark the car "Return to Sender." ;)

TonyS
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby TonyS » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:31 pm

I'm three quarters way through (it's long) but I enjoyed hearing about how you guys discovered Elvis and the reminiscing of the releases you remember from the early days of your collecting.... thanks for making me feel old !
I also appreciate your caveat that you will get the odd thing wrong, and you did !
It's not too often in the Elvis world these days that you come across such honesty and openness, and you guys work well together too.
Keep 'em coming.
Thumbs up from me.

Brian

Postby Brian » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:58 pm

Great new addition to the Elvis World by these second generation Elvis fans. The introductory Podcast made for very interesting listening. Nice to see that they are 'spreading the gospel'. Hopefully many new people will learn to appreciate Elvis' talent through tuning in.

Keep up the good work guys. I will definitely be a regular listener.

Brian

Topic author
JustinGausman

Postby JustinGausman » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:49 pm

TonyS wrote:I'm three quarters way through (it's long) but I enjoyed hearing about how you guys discovered Elvis and the reminiscing of the releases you remember from the early days of your collecting.... thanks for making me feel old !
I also appreciate your caveat that you will get the odd thing wrong, and you did !
It's not too often in the Elvis world these days that you come across such honesty and openness, and you guys work well together too.
Keep 'em coming.
Thumbs up from me.

Yeah we're hoping that future episodes will be in the hour range rather than an hour and a half. We had a lot to get through this first ep though. Plus I'm long-winded haha. Thank you though!!! Gurdip is also super excited people are enjoying it and sends his regards to everyone here!

John

Postby John » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:50 pm

JustinGausman wrote:Thanks Tony & elvislady! John, holy moly! Hopefully the repairs don't cost too much. Otherwise, maybe you'll have to mark the car "Return to Sender." ;)

I used it again for a short journey just now, and no warning came up.

John

Postby John » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:54 pm

TonyS wrote:I'm three quarters way through (it's long) but I enjoyed hearing about how you guys discovered Elvis and the reminiscing of the releases you remember from the early days of your collecting.... thanks for making me feel old !
Keep 'em coming.
Thumbs up from me.

I reckon we should be doing a Phoenix facetime type thing where any of us can chat to each other. I've recently done it with family all over the world, through Facebook, and it was great fun.

TonyS
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby TonyS » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:09 pm

John wrote:
Keep 'em coming.
Thumbs up from me.

I reckon we should be doing a Phoenix facetime type thing where any of us can chat to each other. I've recently done it with family all over the world, through Facebook, and it was great fun.

I'm not sure anyone at Phoenix is prepared for my accent, let alone to see my face !!!!!!!

John

Postby John » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:49 pm

TonyS wrote:
John wrote:
Keep 'em coming.
Thumbs up from me.

I'm not sure anyone at Phoenix is prepared for my accent, let alone to see my face !!!!!!!

Hell, if we can put up with Javi, we can put up with anything.

John

Postby John » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:24 pm

JustinGausman wrote:Hey everyone,

Feel free to move from Everything Elvis if this maybe belongs elsewhere!

I'm thrilled to launch TCBCast: An Unofficial Elvis Presley Fan Podcast today! Myself and co-host Gurdip Ladhar have had this in the works for a little while now, after we both realized that while there is the excellent but brief Graceland Podcast out of Graceland and of course the longtime online radio show & fan favorite (mine as well) Elvis Express Radio, there were no other Elvis fan podcasts out there in the usual podcasting channels focusing on discussion-only about the man and his art, but there seem to be quite a few for other major artists like The Beatles and Michael Jackson, so we decided to take the matter into our own hands!

We plan on doing an episode a week, recording on Wednesday, releasing the following Tuesday, starting today with our first episode. Format-wise, we'll have one major discussion topic for an episode and then each of us presents a surprise "Song of the Week" to the other for discussion. This first episode runs a little over an hour and a half since we're doing introductions and laying out the format of the show. Our first discussion topics are really broad - this first episode we cover growing up after Elvis' death as a second generation fan, Elvis's musical growth from a rock'n'roll star to all-around entertainer, and how Elvis' fame is a cautionary tale for internet celebrities. Next week we plan on talking about Elvis in the 21st Century and where to start if you're a new fan, and later have planned discussions on Elvis' movies (both starring him and about him), his place in pop culture and society, and of course both influences on him and his influences on others.

Our only goal is to be educational and entertaining, and we're aiming at both older, established Elvis fans and total newbies. We want to try to make understanding and appreciating Elvis a little more approachable through our discussions and hopefully present some new perspectives as fans that grew up post-77. We hope you'll follow along each episode and give us feedback, either in here or email us at tcbcast@gmail.com.

The podcast is available at the link(s) below but should be accessible through iPhone's "podcasts" app, iTunes, and most other podcast apps on desktop & mobile, including Spotify.

Show: http://tcbcast.libsyn.com/
Episode 1: http://tcbcast.libsyn.com/tcbcast-001-b ... -elvis-fan

Thanks!
-Justin Gausman

Nice to see Jordan get a name check. He hosts us here, you know.

Topic author
JustinGausman

Postby JustinGausman » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:22 pm

John wrote:Nice to see Jordan get a name check. He hosts us here, you know.

Yep! Without question, no other single individual (except maybe Elvis Presley himself?) was more influential in my growing as an Elvis fan than Jordan.

Return to “Everything Elvis”