Murfreesboro '74 - Are They Slow Or Correct Speed ?

All the Elvis you can take

Jukebox
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Re: Murfreesboro '74 - Are They Slow Or Correct Speed ?

Postby Jukebox » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:40 pm

Mojo Filter wrote: :shock: :shock:

:shock: :shock:

Matt Helm wrote:please be thankfully for this wonderful releases since 1999 we have, what's the problem? If you don't like FTD...don't buy it.

Matt Helm, let's suppose you've bought (excellent most of the time) drinking water for an expensive price over the past 19 years
from the only water company in town.

However, in the past (from time-to-time), they've supplied you & your entire town with water that was discolored and contained unhealthy bacteria. And now the same problematic situation is occurring again even though the issue was brought to the company's attention several times in the past.

You and several other citizens know for sure that they could've solved the problem by now if they had cared enough to do so. How would you feel?

~ Hey... What's the problem? ... Just be thankful that they supply you with wonderful water most of the time!
If you don't like that water company, don't buy water from them
I'm happy to be an Elvis fan! 8-)

Matt Helm

Postby Matt Helm » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:00 pm

Your welcome Jukebox...in fact we have wonderful very clear and healthy water for free in our megacity, towns, Valleys and the rest of our country too, sorry buddy, can't understand your post, MURFREESBORO '74?! s o r r y...with all of my dear respect, give me a clue bud? Matt

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:08 pm

Matt Helm wrote:Your welcome Jukebox...in fact we have wonderful very clear and healthy water for free in our megacity, towns, Valleys and the rest of our country too, sorry buddy, can't understand your post, MURFREESBORO '74?! s o r r y...with all of my dear respect, give me a clue bud? Matt

I think Jukebox means that, just because a company has provided a good product in the past, it doesn't mean complaints can't be made
if the quality deteriorates today.

And FTD have a monopoly on unreleased Elvis stuff, so to suggest going elsewhere, if not satisfied, is not an option...
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

Matt Helm

Postby Matt Helm » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:18 pm

Thanks Colin B...sometimes it is very tough to think and write in english and most of all understand it...btw i take a snip from my waterglass, full of clear water! Cheers pal ;) Matt

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:32 pm

Matt Helm wrote:Thanks Colin B......btw i take a snip from my waterglass, full of clear water! Cheers pal ;) Matt

That may be where you're going wrong................... I add a generous splash of whisky to my water !
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

Jukebox
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby Jukebox » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:47 pm

Colin B wrote:I add a generous splash of whisky to my water !

Because of the poor quality of some of the FTD soundboards? :lol:

Matt Helm

Postby Matt Helm » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:51 pm

Sorry Jukebox, i misunterstood your post, my fault. Your thoughts are OK...but i think, after all this years, FTD made a superb Job for us FANATICS...don't you think so? Look at the Bootleg-Scene 2015-2017...overpriced Box-Sets (ON TOUR, MONO Box, Hollywood Box 1 + 2, 68 Box etc...)...FTD IS AND ALWAYS BE THE ONE AND ONLY when it comes to "unreleased Moments", believe me...no Bootlegger (excpt.AR). Do you know any singer with such an output officially ?! Every 2 months?! I like FTD, don't like the VERY VERY OVERPRICED UNNECESSARY BOOKS, Matt, btw Murfreesboro 74 sounds good to me, pal

Jukebox
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby Jukebox » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:53 pm

Matt Helm wrote:Your welcome Jukebox...

For what?

Matt Helm wrote:in fact we have wonderful very clear and healthy water for free in our megacity, towns, Valleys and the rest of our country too, sorry buddy, can't understand your post, MURFREESBORO '74?! s o r r y...with all of my dear respect, give me a clue bud?

In fact I gave you a clue already. It was an analogy.

You write good enough English to understand exactly what I was writing to you, bud.

Matt Helm

Postby Matt Helm » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:56 pm

Colin B wrote:
Matt Helm wrote:Thanks Colin B......btw i take a snip from my waterglass, full of clear water! Cheers pal ;) Matt

That may be where you're going wrong................... I add a generous splash of whisky to my water !

Man...i thought about it sometime...really! :D i like you Colin B. YES SIR!, Matt

Jukebox
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby Jukebox » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:59 pm

Matt Helm wrote:i think, after all this years, FTD made a superb Job for us FANATICS...don't you think so? Look at the Bootleg-Scene 2015-2017...overpriced Box-Sets (ON TOUR, MONO Box, Hollywood Box 1 + 2, 68 Box etc...)...FTD IS AND ALWAYS BE THE ONE AND ONLY when it comes to "unreleased Moments", believe me...no Bootlegger (excpt.AR). Do you know any singer with such an output officially ?! Every 2 months?! I like FTD, don't like the VERY VERY OVERPRICED UNNECESSARY BOOKS

That's all beside the point. I already know of all of FTD's excellent quality releases. However, the ones where the recordings are running too slow
could have, and should have been corrected before they were released to the public at expensive prices.

Matt Helm wrote:Murfreesboro 74 sounds good to me

So you don't think it sounds slightly too slow? Do you work for Ernst Jorgensen at FTD ?

Topic author
WalterHaleJnr

Postby WalterHaleJnr » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:24 pm

ok friends lets just calm down now. This isn't going to get us anywhere. The ftd is out now and you don't have to buy it ,now that we now know that the speed is slow (yet again). I too was looking forward to getting this as I so enjoyed the prior March '74 concerts so can understand how you must be feeling.
For those of you who did buy and maybe feeling robbed, there is a real fantastic free software called audacity that is easy to learn and you can adjust the speed with it in order to salvage something out of your purchase.

Meanwhile Ernst Jorgensen has some explaining to do BIG TIME. The concerts were mastered by someone else but ultimately it is Ernst's responsibility.

Matt Helm

Postby Matt Helm » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:34 pm

Jukebox wrote:
Matt Helm wrote:i think, after all this years, FTD made a superb Job for us FANATICS...don't you think so? Look at the Bootleg-Scene 2015-2017...overpriced Box-Sets (ON TOUR, MONO Box, Hollywood Box 1 + 2, 68 Box etc...)...FTD IS AND ALWAYS BE THE ONE AND ONLY when it comes to "unreleased Moments", believe me...no Bootlegger (excpt.AR). Do you know any singer with such an output officially ?! Every 2 months?! I like FTD, don't like the VERY VERY OVERPRICED UNNECESSARY BOOKS

That's all beside the point. I already know of all of FTD's excellent quality releases. However, the ones where the recordings are running too slow
could have, and should have been corrected before they were released to the public at expensive prices.

Matt Helm wrote:Murfreesboro 74 sounds good to me

So you don't think it sounds slightly too slow? Do you work for Ernst Jorgensen at FTD ?

Do you work for Ernst Jorgensen at FTD ?
NO Jukebox, no way and i'm VERY happy not to do, :D Matt

Jukebox
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby Jukebox » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:53 pm

WalterHaleJnr wrote: Ernst Jorgensen has some explaining to do BIG TIME. The concerts were mastered by someone else but ultimately it is Ernst's responsibility.

Of course that's true, but as usual we won't hear a peep from Ernst.

Murfreesboro '74 wasn't the first FTD with a speed issue, and it probably won't be the last.

Juan Luis

Postby Juan Luis » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:50 pm

I've heard quite a bit of out of whack wrong speed/pitch (fast/sharp and or slow/flat ) that bothered me. This isn't one of them from the samples I heard. We'll see or rather hear, when the discs arrive.

Topic author
WalterHaleJnr

Postby WalterHaleJnr » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:19 pm

Juan Luis wrote:I've heard quite a bit of out of whack wrong speed/pitch (fast/sharp and or slow/flat ) that bothered me. This isn't one of them from the samples I heard. We'll see or rather hear, when the discs arrive.

maybe that's how the soundboard tapes are and Ernst is deciding just to release the concerts exactly how they appear ? It would be nice if he talked confirmed this as the issue of speed/mastering has been ongoing for years now. Staying silent is wrong move on his part and will give the false impression that he does not care. Meanwhile, anyone can download audacity if they are not happy with speed on some of the concerts and adjust the sound to their liking.

Return to “Everything Elvis”