Murfreesboro '74 - Are They Slow Or Correct Speed ?

All the Elvis you can take

Bob TCB
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Re: Murfreesboro '74 - Are They Slow Or Correct Speed ?

Postby Bob TCB » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:20 am

cadillac-elvis wrote:
Jukebox wrote:
Bob TCB wrote: the recording industry has always hated anyone that dares to put out better quality product and are probably angry that by delivering what Elvis fans want, the bootleggers are stealing sales away from them. However, that does not mean they should be rewarded for lazy, shoddy work. They obviously do not care, but blame their failures on either Elvis or his fans. Maybe they want us to believe the superior Elvis recordings don't exist.

Whatever.

I wonder if FTD has anyone on staff that has the simple ability to listen and detect when a recording is running too slowly. Probably not.

Since so many of these tapes run too slow or too fast, how was it that so many of them were not recorded at the proper speed in the first place.
What kind of recording equipment did they use so that all the concerts are at the wrong speed.
Crap I used play with $10 Sears cassette recorder and it seemed to record properly.

If I was in charge of the official Elvis Presley label, I would listen to the tapes before deciding to release them, right?

These clowns even screwed up "What Now My Love." Weren't those shows bootlegs released years ago?

Then why is the recordings running slow?

Imagine hiring a maid and she started not coming in, but still wanted to get paid for doing nothing?

That's Ernst.

I say it's time for him to be fired and replaced by someone who will do a good job.

John

Postby John » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:11 am

HD_RES wrote:Latest FTD out this week also has slow speed issues.....thankfully I dont buy soundboards anymore.

Nor do I. It's pitiful now what they do with these releases and how they treat the loyal Elvis fans, but, they've pushed it too far. It's an insult. They're not having any more of my money for soundboards.

Bob TCB
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby Bob TCB » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:21 pm

Ernst makes Joan Dreary look like a genius.

Jukebox
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby Jukebox » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:37 am

Ciscoking wrote:I dont think so..its so easy nowadays to speed up or slow down tapes..with simple software...dont dig too deep my friends..

But Ciscoking, several of the FTD soundboards do indeed play too slowly (even though some are subtle). I would think that when you personally make a suggestion to Ernst about a soundboard show (that you feel would make a nice FTD release), that you personally would also desire for it to play at the correct speed. Yes? ... No?

Cisco, are you at liberty to share your personal thoughts on why the speed issues continue to occur with the soundboard CDs?

p.s.
- Not everyone has the "simple software" that you refer to,
but no one should have to make the effort to correct an FTD after paying more than $30 for it.
Bottom line -- It should be the FTD team using the "simple software" to get the speed right, not the buyers.
I'm happy to be an Elvis fan! 8-)

Ciscoking

Postby Ciscoking » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:18 am

Jukebox wrote:
Ciscoking wrote:I dont think so..its so easy nowadays to speed up or slow down tapes..with simple software...dont dig too deep my friends..

But Ciscoking, several of the FTD soundboards do indeed play too slowly (even though some are subtle). I would think that when you personally make a suggestion to Ernst about a soundboard show (that you feel would make a nice FTD release), that you personally would also desire for it to play at the correct speed. Yes? ... No?

Cisco, are you at liberty to share your personal thoughts on why the speed issues continue to occur with the soundboard CDs?

p.s.
but no one should have to make the effort to correct an FTD after paying more than $30 for it.
Bottom line -- It should be the FTD team using the "simple software" to get the speed right, not the buyers.

I said that they didnt it purposely.. .cause they dont want FTD to be bootlegged.I just meant..when they indeed run at wrong speed at your opinion you can adjust it ..so that you feel its right...I have no influence in the mastering of CDs....
Thanks to Ernst Joergensen, Roger Semon and Erik Rasmussen for the great work. Keep the spirit alive !

Jukebox
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby Jukebox » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:37 am

Ciscoking wrote:
Jukebox wrote:

p.s.

I said that they didnt it purposely.. .cause they dont want FTD to be bootlegged.I just meant..when they indeed run at wrong speed at your opinion you can adjust it ..so that you feel its right...I have no influence in the mastering of CDs....

Thanks for your reply, Cisco. I realize you have no influence in FTD's mastering of CDs... I was just interested in your thoughts.

I know for a fact that you're a great guy and I appreciate you, sir!

Ciscoking

Postby Ciscoking » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:38 pm

Thank you for the kind words..makes me feel good..(again)..
Thanks to Ernst Joergensen, Roger Semon and Erik Rasmussen for the great work. Keep the spirit alive !

Pacer
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby Pacer » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:08 pm

I am Not buying sb, but it's ridiculous to state that you should run through a software to hear it at the correct speed.
And it's right for people to bemoan that if they hear that dragging effect.
Those people shouldn't be put down with the usual nonsense ala "don't buy it if you don't like it" or more worse "Ernst is a godsend, we should be happy that they are still releasing this" because it's a rooky mistake to fix easily, so don't throw submisse attitude towards them who are annoyed on speed issues.
It's like releasing a book with Elvis pics and all are reversed and telling me "scan them in and reverse them via software, besides ...are happy that they are released, they are a godsend, ya know ".
Last edited by Pacer on Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

KEV

Postby KEV » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:40 pm

Spot on (see post above)

And why add REVERB? - Selling for a lot of money,just get the dam thing right.
Keep the FAITH MIKE :!: :!:

KEV

Pacer
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby Pacer » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:59 pm

Like i said , I don't care since I don't buy sb.....but , for instance, if the latest viva Las Vegas box set would be running 5 % too slow and therefore noticeable and somebody would say to me " get a program and let it run through and adjust it to the real speed" or " shut up, be thankful that ftd is such a godsend "I would be greatly pissed.

But since I don't buy sb, I am not involved really, but if it would happen on recording sessions ftd ...boy, I would be pissed.
But sb buyers should be treated with the same respect like the rest .

Jukebox
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby Jukebox » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:54 pm

Pacer wrote:... if the latest Viva Las Vegas box set would be running 5% too slow and therefore noticeable and somebody would say to me "get a program and let it run through and adjust it to the real speed" or "shut up, be thankful that ftd is such a godsend" I would be greatly pissed.

Well, now that you mention the latest Viva Las Vegas set... "C'mon Everybody" (disc 3, track 1 movie version) actually plays too fast.

KEV

Postby KEV » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:38 pm

This is getting out of hand.

If Keith is around,is the above track speeded up for the movie or a (pick your word to fit here).
Keep the FAITH MIKE :!: :!:

KEV

Jukebox
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby Jukebox » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:20 am

KEV wrote:This is getting out of hand.

If Keith is around, is the above track speeded up for the movie or a (pick your word to fit here).

"C'mon Everybody" during the movie doesn't run too fast (or play too fast), but the movie version track on the new Viva Las Vegas FTD set does play too fast. Go figure... sort of mind boggling!

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:31 am

Jukebox wrote:I seriously doubt that Ernst or Roger deliberately slowed down the tapes.
However, the fact that some of the soundboards do indeed run too slowly shows that they were
careless for not making sure the speed was correct before having them transferred to CD.

"What do you nit-pickers want...………………... perfection ?"
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

Return to “Everything Elvis”