Pat Boone recalls 1955 Brooklyn High School rock concert with Elvis.... who?

All the Elvis you can take

Suspicious Minds

Re: Pat Boone recalls 1955 Brooklyn High School rock concert with Elvis.... who?

Postby Suspicious Minds » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:17 pm

cadillac-elvis wrote:
Pacer wrote:Whats the point of pushing up the price if you can't deliver?

Believe it or not, there are people in this world that thrive of the drama of wasting other people's time.
It's all a life game to them.

Sad but very true.
Don't take yourself too seriously ;-)

Colin B

Re: Pat Boone recalls 1955 Brooklyn High School rock concert with Elvis.... who?

Postby Colin B » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:43 pm

He tried to sell the 'rights' to it 'on spec' - product unseen - for cash.

Makes sense.

Late Addition - added on 13th February, 2019:

"In 1992, Randle sold the rights to the film to Ray Santilli who in turn sold it to Polygram International."
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

kevanbudd

Postby kevanbudd » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:05 pm

Colin B wrote:

He tried to sell the 'rights' to it 'on spec' - product unseen - for cash.

Makes sense.

Late Addition - added on 13th February, 2019:

"In 1992, Randle sold the rights to the film to Ray Santilli who in turn sold it to Polygram International."

I interviewed Santilli and others connected with this `deal` around 2005.

Bill never sold the `rights`, the deal fell through.

Allegedly Bill was offering his claimed `rights` to the footage (and I believe this is why the cheque stub payments by Bill to film crew and band members had been prepared as a form of evidence of ownership) but also Bill was offering the buyer of the `rights`, information that would allow the buyer to locate the footage that Bill was apparently no longer in possession of, but claimed to know where it was archived and how to locate it in that archive.

Bill believed the footage could not be located without his info/assistance.

The deal fell through as it was considered that even if they located the footage, it may now be little more than dust, aside that is from the legalities of ownership and the financial sums involved.

I contacted Universal's film archive several times over the years in relation to the footage, but they are adamant that they have nothing of this nature in their archive.

Kevan Budd.
Last edited by kevanbudd on Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:14 pm

Colin B wrote:..."In 1992, Randle sold the rights to the film to Ray Santilli who in turn sold it to Polygram International."
kevanbudd wrote:I interviewed Santilli and others connected with this `deal` around 2005.

Bill never sold the `rights`, the deal fell through.

Allegedly Bill was offering his claimed `rights` to the footage (and I believe this is why the cheque stub payments by Bill to film crew and band members had been prepared as a form of evidence of ownership) but also Bill was offering the buyer of the `rights`, information that would allow the buyer to locate the footage, that Bill was no longer in possession off, but claimed to know where it was archived and how to locate it in that archive.

Bill believed the footage could not be located without his info/assistance.

The deal fell through as it was considered that even if they located the footage, it may now be little more than dust, aside that is from the legalities of ownership and the financial sums involved.

I contacted Universal's film archive several times over the years in relation to the footage, but they are adamant that they have nothing of this nature in their archive.

Thanks, Kevan !

It's still true that Bill Randle 'talked up' the footage to make the 'rights' worth more !

His ploy never worked for the reasons you've explained.

I wonder how Polygram International got involved ?
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

cadillac-elvis

Postby cadillac-elvis » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:15 am

I just found this on youtube....Pat talking about the movie that was made that day and meeting Elvis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kDwqPuQk4Y

Return to “Everything Elvis”