05. G.I. Blues

Posters, Lobby Cards, Trailers, Scripts and more

Colin B

Re: 05. G.I. Blues

Postby Colin B » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:50 pm

Those two photos of the soldiers lined up in front of the railway station.

I've spotted the difference !

The GI sixteenth from the right has blinked in the second one !
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

Ben

Postby Ben » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:20 pm

Colin B wrote:Those two photos of the soldiers lined up in front of the railway station.

I have just been looking at them and wondering the same.

Topic author
colonel snow

Postby colonel snow » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:38 pm

Deleted due to doubts about the information.

colonel snow
Last edited by colonel snow on Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ben

Postby Ben » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:44 pm

colonel snow wrote:I don't comment other posts when I don't like it.
I doubt now if I'll continue in this way with contributions in the movie-memorabilia and other sections.

colonel snow

I do appreciate your contributions and I do like this post. GI Blues happens to be one of my favourite Elvis films.

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:52 pm

Colin B wrote:Those two photos of the soldiers lined up in front of the railway station.

Ben wrote:I have just been looking at them and wondering the same.
colonel snow wrote:These photo's are taken from a screen-shot; if you want to know: a film is a lot of the same pictures in a row. When these pictures are shown in a row you'll see a moving picture = film.
Besides I don't appreciate these kind of negative comments or joking comments about my contributions; I spend a lot of time here with this work but I see it's wasted time. I don't care if you like something or not. That's a personal taste.
I don't comment other posts when I don't like it.
I doubt now if I'll continue in this way with contributions in the movie-memorabilia and other sections.

Don't be like that !

A bit of gentle humour & good-natured mickey taking is part & parcel of an internet forum !

Your informative posts are appreciated on here.
Colin B

"Why ?" - Colin B

John

Postby John » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:15 pm

colonel snow wrote:
Ben wrote:

These photo's are taken from a screen-shot; if you want to know: a film is a lot of the same pictures in a row. When these pictures are shown in a row you'll see a moving picture = film.
Besides I don't appreciate these kind of negative comments or joking comments about my contributions; I spend a lot of time here with this work but I see it's wasted time. I don't care if you like something or not. That's a personal taste.

colonel snow

Colonel snow, Colin wasn’t making fun of you and didn’t say he didn’t like your post. He wasn’t being negative, it was just his humour.

Your posts are very much appreciated and you bring a lot to this forum. It would be a great shame if you stopped posting. I like to think you’ll continue.

Topic author
colonel snow

Postby colonel snow » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:12 am

colonel snow
Last edited by colonel snow on Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:53 am

colonel snow wrote:I don't feel myself attacked; but this is exactly the reason why I never share information etc on FECC due to all stupid comments on posts;
an example on FECC about the song Snowbird:
I add a handful recordings by other (well-known) artists with recordings before Elvis recorded his version.
The "famous" DJC replied "Elvis has never heard these versions" but I don't react like "Did Elvis live on another planet then?"
I don't answer these posts.
It looks this forum goes in the direction of FECCin this way but I stay a member here and everywhere.
For me this case is closed now.

The FECC poster you refer to often posts with a nasty, sneering attitude which is happily tolerated by their admin.

The sarcastic, mickey-taking & jokey posts on here are, more often than not, friendly & good-natured in tone.

There lies the difference between the two forums...
Colin B

"Why ?" - Colin B

Topic author
colonel snow

Postby colonel snow » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:56 pm

colonel snow
Last edited by colonel snow on Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

John

Postby John » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:32 pm

colonel snow wrote:
John wrote:
colonel snow wrote:
Ben wrote:

These photo's are taken from a screen-shot; if you want to know: a film is a lot of the same pictures in a row. When these pictures are shown in a row you'll see a moving picture = film.

colonel snow

Colonel snow, Colin wasn’t making fun of you and didn’t say he didn’t like your post. He wasn’t being negative, it was just his humour.

Your posts are very much appreciated and you bring a lot to this forum. It would be a great shame if you stopped posting. I like to think you’ll continue.

I don't feel myself attacked; but this is exactly the reason why I never share information etc on FECC due to all stupid comments on posts; an example on FECC about the song Snowbird:
I add a handful recordings by other (well-known) artists with recordings before Elvis recorded his version. The "famous" DJC replied "Elvis has never heard these versions" but I don't react like "Did Elvis live on another planet then?" I don't answer these posts.
It looks this forum goes in the direction of FECCin this way but I stay a member here and everywhere.
Never, not while I'm around.
For me this case is closed now.

colonel snow

Thank you. We can all move on happily.

Suspicious Minds

Postby Suspicious Minds » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:57 pm

G.I. Blues Belgian poster

image.jpeg

The Belgian movie poster promoting the 1960 Paramount film G.I. Blues delivers an arresting burst of ruby red imagery of Elvis Presley and his three co-stars, including Juliet Prowse. Atlas Films, the Belgian distribution company for the film, created a marketing tool with minimal typography and maximum visual impact. Only the film’s title and four lead actors are listed, leaving us with a stunning Elvis movie artifact. It was common for Belgian posters to have a blank area at the top, as seen on this example, which was used for local theatre times to be added. Importantly, the phrase “Imprimé en Belgique” appears printed on the lower right of the bottom border—later Belgian reprints often have this phrase printed in English. The lack of any translated title could indicate that this poster was used to promote screenings in English, as most Belgian posters have the title translated into French and/or Dutch. The film was released in late January 1961, a couple of months after the November 1960 Stateside release. The poster measures approximately 22 by 14 inches (55.88 by 35.56 cm).

Source: http://auction.graceland.com/1961__em_g ... ot570.aspx
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Don't take yourself too seriously ;-)

Suspicious Minds

Postby Suspicious Minds » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:53 pm

G.I. Blues Thai poster

image.jpeg

While a fairly lighthearted musical romp about an American soldier may not have played well in southeast Asia just a few years later, in 1961, Elvis in G.I. Blues was widely consumed. The offered poster, from the film’s promotion in Thailand, screams “ELVIS” and, just as loudly, “USA!” with its backdrop of the stars and stripes and our Army hero in the foreground. It’s a bold and beautiful alternative to the U.S. promotional posters. A plaque at the bottom of the frame reads “G.I. Blues / Thailand.” The poster measures 21 by 30 inches (53.34 x 76.2 cm), and is framed to dimensions of 24 by 33 inches (60.96 x 83.82 cm)

Source: http://auction.graceland.com/1961__em_g ... ot570.aspx
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Suspicious Minds

Postby Suspicious Minds » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:28 pm

GI Blues Invitational Preview Program

image.jpeg

Handed out only to guests that were invited to attend the movie preview, this four-page program for G.I. Blues includes a program outline on the interior listing cast, crew and songs along with an additional inside page of production information that describes various aspects of the filming and the parties involved (including Hal Wallis) and continues by promising an “honest depiction of what it was like for Elvis while stationed in West Germany.” The back cover of the program is a synopsis of the plot of the movie. The program measures approximately 9 1/2 by 6 inches (24.13 by 15.24 cm).

Source: http://auction.graceland.com/invitation ... ot568.aspx

Suspicious Minds

Postby Suspicious Minds » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:33 pm

G.I. Blues Record Promotional Advertisement, Billboard Magazine, October 24, 1960

image.jpeg

Suspicious Minds

Postby Suspicious Minds » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:41 pm

G.I. Blues paper promotional hats :mrgreen:

For the movie

image.jpeg

Source: https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/12 ... tional-hat

image.jpeg

Source: https://entertainment.ha.com/itm/music- ... 88-30265.s

For the album

image.jpeg

Source: https://www.hakes.com/Auction/ItemDetai ... TIONAL-HAT

Return to “Movie Memorabilia”