FECC

Share your non-Elvis stuff here

John

Re: FECC

Postby John » Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:43 pm

javilu wrote:
John wrote:I'm wrung out. That was a brilliant match full of emotion. I'm not a football fan at all, but that was incredible.

Got to hand it to Mbappe, but Messi was amazing.

Javilu, are you still crying?

Oh, and no free sex for anyone then!

Thank you John!!
And to all of you rooting for France, on your knees!!

That was so funny when he did that.

javilu

Postby javilu » Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:01 pm

We are the champions.... of the world!!!!

John

Postby John » Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:40 pm

javilu wrote:We are the champions.... of the world!!!!

Every one still celebrating?

javilu

Postby javilu » Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:22 pm

John wrote:

Until the end of the year at least.
So where are all the haters?

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:40 pm

javilu wrote:
John wrote:

Haters ?

Just because we don't agree with you, we are haters ?

Take it easy, man.

javilu

Postby javilu » Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:57 pm

Mister Moon wrote:
javilu wrote:
John wrote:

Haters ?

Take it easy, man.

Perhaps I should have written "Anti Argentina" instead of "haters".

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:52 pm

javilu wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:
javilu wrote:
John wrote:

Haters ?

Take it easy, man.

Perhaps I should have written "Anti Argentina" instead of "haters".

As a football lover, I can't be "Anti Argentina" either. You know, I like Messi's playing - I know it well, I'm from Barcelona. But I just don't like those big names that seem to overshadow everything else. And Messi is an example of that. Also, I don't think anybody owed Messi anything. There have been many great football players who never won the World Cup. And you have Maradona, who, as I mentioned earlier, hardly won anything else, aside from that World Cup in 1986. So that's how it goes.

Anyway, congratulations, even though, this time, I was rooting for somebody else... ;)

javilu

Postby javilu » Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:36 pm

Mister Moon wrote:
As a football lover, I can't be "Anti Argentina" either. You know, I like Messi's playing - I know it well, I'm from Barcelona. But I just don't like those big names that seem to overshadow everything else. And Messi is an example of that. Also, I don't think anybody owed Messi anything. There have been many great football players who never won the World Cup. And you have Maradona, who, as I mentioned earlier, hardly won anything else, aside from that World Cup in 1986. So that's how it goes.

Anyway, congratulations, even though, this time, I was rooting for somebody else... ;)

Say what?

https://www.goal.com/en/news/how-many-trophies-has-diego-maradona-won-in-his-career/blt58bd324786839905

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:43 pm

javilu wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:

Say what?

https://www.goal.com/en/news/how-many-trophies-has-diego-maradona-won-in-his-career/blt58bd324786839905

Yes, but the only other important trophies were the Italian league with Napoli and the UEFA Cup. Pretty poor for a monster of that caliber. No European Cup (now Champions League), or Spanish League, or America Cup. Messi has had all those several times over, for example.

javilu

Postby javilu » Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:43 pm

Mister Moon wrote:
javilu wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:

Say what?

Yes, but the only other important trophies were the Italian league with Napoli and the UEFA Cup. Pretty poor for a monster of that caliber. No European Cup (now Champions League), or Spanish League, or America Cup. Messi has had all those several times over, for example.

Maradona took an extremely small and limited team like Napoli and took it to heights they never ever dreamed of. It's not like he played in a powerful Barcelona surrounded by stars. In Napoli Maradona is considered a God.

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:15 pm

javilu wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:
javilu wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:

Say what?

Maradona took an extremely small and limited team like Napoli and took it to heights they never ever dreamed of. It's not like he played in a powerful Barcelona surrounded by stars. In Napoli Maradona is considered a God.

Agreed, but he just won two Italian leagues and one UEFA Cup with Napoli. And before that he had played in FC Barcelona for a couple of years, surrounded by great players like Bernd Schuster, and did not even win the local league, let alone major European cups.

Anyway, my point is, despite all of that, we all consider Diego as one of the greatest ever. So it's not really that important how many cups a player has won, like somebody wants us to believe now regarding Messi. So he had not won the World Cup yet ? No problem.

In the end, this is all marketing. It has nothing to do with football at all.

Meanwhile, Amir Nasr-Azadani, the Iranian football player, has been sentenced to death because of his fight for freedom, and NOBODY has had the balls (or rather the dignity) of saying anything, or showing a t-shirt with his image during the ridiculously long closing ceremony we saw yesterday.

That's where we are, really. Bottom of the barrel.

Amir.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jbgude

Postby jbgude » Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:49 am

I was rooting for Argentina and am happy they won-felt they played a more attacking game, but I am not convinced with the 1st Penalty - and all these years later, I also still do not like the " Hand of God" .
Win it fair and square I say.
..and I did not get on flight to Paris despite the free goodies promised. :)

javilu

Postby javilu » Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:30 pm

Mister Moon wrote:Meanwhile, Amir Nasr-Azadani, the Iranian football player, has been sentenced to death because of his fight for freedom, and NOBODY has had the balls (or rather the dignity) of saying anything, or showing a t-shirt with his image during the ridiculously long closing ceremony we saw yesterday.

Amir.jpg

I think FIFA has in its statute that they don't get involved in politics and they consider this politics, so any player showing support to the Iranian player can be the subject of punishment by FIFA.

Sad but true.

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:58 am

Mister Moon wrote:Meanwhile, Amir Nasr-Azadani, the Iranian football player, has been sentenced to death because of his fight for freedom, and NOBODY has had the balls (or rather the dignity) of saying anything, or showing a t-shirt with his image during the ridiculously long closing ceremony we saw yesterday.

Amir.jpg

Well, finally Amir Nasr-Azadani has been sentenced to 26 years of prison, by the corrupt Iranian authorities - but there is barely a mention anywhere online.

Such a damn shame.

Do you think the almighty Messi, Mbappé, Cristiano, Guardiola or Mourinho, or any of the stinking FIFA honchos who are still licking the feet of the Qatarian tyrants, will ever comdemn this ignominy ?

Hmmm.

"Fair play", y'all.

https://todaytimeslive.com/sports/194982.html
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

javilu

Postby javilu » Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:56 pm

Mister Moon wrote:

Amir.jpg

Well, finally Amir Nasr-Azadani has been sentenced to 26 years of prison, by the corrupt Iranian authorities - but there is barely a mention anywhere online.

Such a damn shame.

Do you think the almighty Messi, Mbappé, Cristiano, Guardiola or Mourinho, or any of the stinking FIFA honchos who are still licking the feet of the Qatarian tyrants, will ever comdemn this ignominy ?

Hmmm.

"Fair play", y'all.

https://todaytimeslive.com/sports/194982.html

Bloody hell, I hate dictatorships.

Return to “Off Topic”