It's not hoarding when it's vinyl

Share your non-Elvis stuff here

Topic author
Yin Yang

It's not hoarding when it's vinyl

Postby Yin Yang » Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:49 pm

The upstairs front room is where I store my collection of LP's, CD's and DVD's.
The LP's are on racks and in front of the LP's are the CD's and DVD's.
Whenever I need an LP, I have to search for it's place on the racks, then remove the CD's or DVD's in front of it and grab the LP.
I decided to sell my Elvis LP's because I have everything on CD multiple times. All money it brings in goes to charity.
Also I give LP's to family and friends. They can pick them up at my place.
The empty spot is where I had 20 or so Pink Floyd LP's, which my brother in law would like to get. He also wanted all Heart LP's which are 7 or 8 LP's.
On a site called marktplaats I have about 300 movie DVD's for sale, most for € 1,00 each.

vinyl.jpg
a.jpg
b.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Lonely Summer

Re: It's not hoarding when it's vinyl

Postby Lonely Summer » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:12 am

I am at the point where I need to get rid of some vinyl - both albums and singles - but every time I try, I end up pulling only 5 or 6 records.

Topic author
Yin Yang

Re: It's not hoarding when it's vinyl

Postby Yin Yang » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:10 am

Lonely Summer wrote:I am at the point where I need to get rid of some vinyl - both albums and singles - but every time I try, I end up pulling only 5 or 6 records.

I sold about 150 Elvis LP's. All that's left are about 70 LP's that are not interesting to anyone, like "Hits of the 70's", "Pictures of Elvis", "20 fantastic hits" and more like that, most priced at € 3,00 (circa GBP 2,50).
I also offered close to 300 music and movie and TV-series DVD's for sale on a site called marktplaats but only sold about 5. Most are € 1,00 (circa GBP 0,85) each.
Anyway, the charity I donated the money to was happy with the donation.

Return to “Off Topic”