Petula Clark admits to being propositioned for a THREESOME by Elvis Presley with fellow singer Karen Carpenter

Share your non-Elvis stuff here

Private Presley

Re: Petula Clark admits to being propositioned for a THREESOME by Elvis Presley with fellow singer Karen Carpenter

Postby Private Presley » Fri May 12, 2017 4:45 pm

John wrote:I suggest she's slept in too many subways, darling.

In downtown, I suppose.
ImageImage

Gerinimo
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Re: Petula Clark admits to being propositioned for a THREESOME by Elvis Presley with fellow singer Karen Carpenter

Postby Gerinimo » Sat May 13, 2017 10:07 pm

Hey baby count me in exclude Elvis and make it a foursome.

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Sat May 13, 2017 10:44 pm

Gerinimo wrote:Hey baby count me in exclude Elvis and make it a foursome.

By my calculations, that would still be a threesome...
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

Graeme
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby Graeme » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:28 pm

I think it was in 1971.

I believe it, that she was propositioned, but I think she may have filled in the "as to what" in her own mind and got carried away.

I don't have a problem with non-elvisologists getting timings / dates and years wrong when looking back, it's understandable. I get things wrong about ME when it comes to dates times and years etc, it doesn't mean the essence of the story is untrue.

John

Postby John » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:32 pm

Graeme wrote:I think it was in 1971.

I believe it, that she was propositioned, but I think she may have filled in the "as to what" in her own mind and got carried away.

I don't have a problem with non-elvisologists getting timings / dates and years wrong when looking back, it's understandable. I get things wrong about ME when it comes to dates times and years etc, it doesn't mean the essence of the story is untrue.

Nah, I can't see that OLD Pet was his type at all, nor the very skinny Karen. Seriously, neither of them were particularly fanciable women. Even Colin wouldn't have....I don't think, anyway.

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:45 pm

John wrote:...Nah, I can't see that OLD Pet was his type at all, nor the very skinny Karen.
Seriously, neither of them were particularly fanciable women.
Even Colin wouldn't have....I don't think, anyway.

Probably not.

I always had a bit of a soft spot for Petula............ but it was more of a sort of 'big sister' type of thing...
Colin B

"Why ?" - Colin B

Graeme
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby Graeme » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:43 pm

That's what lm saying, I don't think either we're his type but nevertheless Elvis proposed (proporsitioned) something to them and their imagination has took it to mean one thing only. He may have wanted / suggested they retire to his bedroom. Well they are gonna think one thing and I wouldn't blame them. Elvis probably didn't want to put them off by saying it was to read passages from the Bible.

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:47 pm

The story is still appearing on the internet:

Petula Clark & Karen Carpenter.JPG

It's from here:

http://www.90skidsonly.com/1316311/unto ... enters/23/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Colin B

"Why ?" - Colin B

elvislady

Postby elvislady » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:19 pm

A little clip of the story she tells here, I think maybe elvis was playing around with her and she misunderstood his intentions...as he did laugh when they declined him, just my theory.
Anyway, she was mad not go i know i would have stayed and got rid of karen some how . :lol:

https://youtu.be/jpyi9dYAKQc
Welcome to my world
http://uk.youtube.com/user/elvislady

Don't judge me. You know my name, But not my story.
Thank you ( Jeanette )

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:02 pm

Elvis was always surrounded (no, flooded) by stunningly beautiful women, even before he was famous.

Would he waste his time with Clark and Carpenter ?
Last edited by Mister Moon on Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:16 pm

elvislady wrote:A little clip of the story she tells here, I think maybe elvis was playing around with her and she misunderstood his intentions...as he did laugh when they declined him, just my theory.
Anyway, she was mad not go i know i would have stayed and got rid of karen some how . :lol:

Does your husband read posts here ?
Colin B

"Why ?" - Colin B

elvislady

Postby elvislady » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:32 pm

Colin B wrote:
elvislady wrote:A little clip of the story she tells here, I think maybe elvis was playing around with her and she misunderstood his intentions...as he did laugh when they declined him, just my theory.

No, I will tell him tho. :)
Welcome to my world
http://uk.youtube.com/user/elvislady

Don't judge me. You know my name, But not my story.
Thank you ( Jeanette )

John

Postby John » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:32 pm

Mister Moon wrote:Elvis was always surrounded (no, flooded) by stunningly beautiful women, even before he was famous.

Would he waste his time with Clark and Carpenter ?

Not a chance. Pet is a dreamer.

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:57 pm

https://youtu.be/jpyi9dYAKQc

I agree with your outlook, Elvislady, Elvis was just having some fun, lol.

I have this mental picture of you locking Karen Carpenter in a wardrobe, lol LOL LOL, or tricking her and Karen ends up outside in the hallway, lol.

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:52 pm

Colin B wrote:

Elvislady's hubbie would be secure and know that Jeanette loves to throw out funny lines (as she feels safe) just to have a laugh, lol.

KInda like Elvis did with Petula. :D

;)

Whatcha think Elvislady? lol

Return to “Off Topic”