Before he worked on the remaster, Paul McCartney hadn’t listened to the Beatles’ “White Album” in 50 years

Share your non-Elvis stuff here

Topic author
WalterHaleJnr

Before he worked on the remaster, Paul McCartney hadn’t listened to the Beatles’ “White Album” in 50 years

Postby WalterHaleJnr » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:59 am

I don;t see this thing coming out until early 2019, but i hope i'm wrong :cry:

Some artists listen to their back catalog obsessively. Others revisit their sonic past on occasion. Then there’s Paul McCartney, who says he hasn’t listened to his Beatles music in a long time — half a century, to be exact.

The Fab Four’s 1968 self-titled double album, which we’ve all come to know as The White Album, is getting a 50-year reissue next month, and Macca tells the Canadian Press that helping to prepare the reissue inspired him to actually give it a listen.

“I haven’t listened to it in 50 years,” he admits. “I don’t really listen to stuff we did. Then it comes around again [like with last year’s reissue of] Sgt. Pepper [and] I go, ‘Woah, check this out… those kids are good!’ It all comes flooding back.”

McCartney says when he listens, “I remember where we were and the circumstances of recording each of the tracks,” and that the feeling is sometimes “amazing because there I am, right in the room with John and George and Ringo — but John and George particularly because they’re no longer with us…. It’s quite emotional.”

Back in June, McCartney told DIY magazine the White Album reissue is “very cool and it sounds like you’re in the room.”

In addition, McCartney said the expanded collection will include “some demos of the songs, so you get things stripped right back to just John [Lennon’s] voice and a guitar. [It sounds] amazing.”

The 50th anniversary White Album hits stores and digital outlets on a to-be-announced date,

https://www.kink.fm/before-he-worked-on ... -50-years/

javilu

Re: Before he worked on the remaster, Paul McCartney hadn’t listened to the Beatles’ “White Album” in 50 years

Postby javilu » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:12 pm

White album super deluxe is coming November 9.

Topic author
WalterHaleJnr

Re: Before he worked on the remaster, Paul McCartney hadn’t listened to the Beatles’ “White Album” in 50 years

Postby WalterHaleJnr » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:57 pm

nothing official has been announced but this looks very credible. I am going to celebrate my own 50th with the deluxe edition hehehehe

Exclusive Report: White Album 50th Anniversary Reissue Details!
Posted on September 20, 2018 by beatlefanmagazine

A report on what the upcoming 50th anniversary White Album reissue …

Two media listening parties for the 50th anniversary reissue of The Beatles’ White Album are set for Sept. 26 in New York City. And sources tell Beatlefan that the various configurations of the White Album reissues look like this:

A 4-LP set (2 discs of the new stereo remix + 2 discs of Esher demos)
A 3-CD set (same material as above). Apparently two of the CDs are the new remix and the third CD is the Esher demos.
And a Super Deluxe CD Box (3 CDs as above + 3 CDs of outtakes). Plus the box will include a Blu-ray disc that will be audio only. There will be no video.

The outtakes include “Hey Jude,” “Revolution,” “Inner Light,” “Across the Universe,” “Lady Madonna,” and nonalbum tracks/jams/improvisations. Of the latter, Beatlefan has been told that at least a couple are previously unknown. There also are some rehearsals.

Included will be the 12-minute version of “Helter Skelter” that previously was boiled down to about 5 minutes for the “Anthology,” but the legendary 27-minute version of “Helter Skelter” will NOT be included.

We’re told that the new remix of the album by Giles Martin has “incredible clarity and more bass and drums present.”

An official announcement of the releases is expected soon. The release date is expected to be Nov. 9.
https://beatlefansomethingnew.wordpress ... e-details/

Topic author
WalterHaleJnr

Postby WalterHaleJnr » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:03 pm

Included will be the 12-minute version of “Helter Skelter” that previously was boiled down to about 5 minutes for the “Anthology,” but the legendary 27-minute version of “Helter Skelter” will NOT be included. :x why not the 27 minute uncut version :?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w8SL0V2d90

John

Postby John » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:31 pm

WalterHaleJnr wrote:Included will be the 12-minute version of “Helter Skelter” that previously was boiled down to about 5 minutes for the “Anthology,” but the legendary 27-minute version of “Helter Skelter” will NOT be included. :x why not the 27 minute uncut version :?:

5 minutes of Helter Skelter was more than enough to get Manson to slaughter people, what would 27 minutes have done?

Topic author
WalterHaleJnr

Postby WalterHaleJnr » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:51 pm

John wrote:
WalterHaleJnr wrote:Included will be the 12-minute version of “Helter Skelter” that previously was boiled down to about 5 minutes for the “Anthology,” but the legendary 27-minute version of “Helter Skelter” will NOT be included. :x why not the 27 minute uncut version :?:

5 minutes of Helter Skelter was more than enough to get Manson to slaughter people, what would 27 minutes have done?

its a wonder why Sharon wasn't with Polanski in england especially being so close to giving birth :?:

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:53 pm

"Helter Skelter" is too over the top, too self-conscious.

As a "noisy" record, I much prefer "Revolution" - there's a tension running underneath all through the song, that explodes at the end. A fabulous record.

Topic author
WalterHaleJnr

Postby WalterHaleJnr » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:18 pm

Mister Moon wrote:"Helter Skelter" is too over the top, too self-conscious.

As a "noisy" record, I much prefer "Revolution" - there's a tension running underneath all through the song, that explodes at the end. A fabulous record.

so too was Revolution number 1 :D

Hey, why can’t they just release the 27 minute full version of Helter Skelter on a separate “Bonus” CD single so that the diehard fans can have the chance to either purchase or simply have a listen?.

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:20 pm

WalterHaleJnr wrote:

so too was Revolution number 1 :D

Hey, why can’t they just release the 27 minute full version of Helter Skelter on a separate “Bonus” CD single so that the diehard fans can have the chance to either purchase or simply have a listen?.

They are saving it for another occasion. :)

javilu

Postby javilu » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:03 pm

As per reports of people who heard it, the 27 minute Helter Skelter is too repetitive and gets boring, thus not good enough for official release.

Topic author
WalterHaleJnr

Postby WalterHaleJnr » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:04 pm

javilu wrote:As per reports of people who heard it, the 27 minute Helter Skelter is too repetitive and gets boring, thus not good enough for official release.

it'll get bootlegged i'm sure :D

How are you my friend. Which one of the two you looking to get first :?:

The White Album or Elvis 68 comeback bluray and cd box :?:

javilu

Postby javilu » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:08 pm

WalterHaleJnr wrote:
javilu wrote:As per reports of people who heard it, the 27 minute Helter Skelter is too repetitive and gets boring, thus not good enough for official release.

White album of course. I already have all the audio and video material on the Elvis one.

Topic author
WalterHaleJnr

Postby WalterHaleJnr » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:51 pm

javilu wrote:
WalterHaleJnr wrote:

White album of course. I already have all the audio and video material on the Elvis one.

Same here. Hey I don't even own a bluray player/recorder so will be looking to get one and get educated quickly on how to use it especially if i want to make dvd or bluray copies of stuff I accumulated such as tv shows, films over the past 14 years ! :P

Mojo Filter

Postby Mojo Filter » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:01 am

Agree. Though i like the idea for the lyrics to "Helter Skelter".

"Revolution" is excellent. That distorted guitar sound, played by John, really makes that song work so well.

I've also heard that they jammed on Baby I Don't Care and Blue Moon at the sessions for the White album that are going to be released on this 50th anniversary album. Could be interesting.
she's well acquainted with a touch of the velvet hand, like a lizard on a window pane

javilu

Postby javilu » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:53 pm

WalterHaleJnr wrote:
javilu wrote:
WalterHaleJnr wrote:

Same here. Hey I don't even own a bluray player/recorder so will be looking to get one and get educated quickly on how to use it especially if i want to make dvd or bluray copies of stuff I accumulated such as tv shows, films over the past 14 years ! :P

BluRay players are very cheap nowadays and bring 10 times better quality than dvd.

Return to “Off Topic”