Trivia Quiz - No.391 - Solved

Pit your wits against the quiz master
User avatar

Topic author
Colin B
Posts: 9689
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:35 pm
Location: Gravesend - UK
Has thanked: 1274 times
Been thanked: 1630 times

Trivia Quiz - No.391 - Solved

Postby Colin B » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:31 am

Trivia Quiz - No.391


Let's have a brief rest from the picture ones !

"Ladies & gentlemen, we have a new record that came out this week, & I don't know the words to
it yet, so I have to read 'em & er - it's the type song, if you miss one word, you might as well forget it,
because you can't catch up with it, boy - so, er, it's called ??????? "


When did he say that, where & what was the song ?
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B


Rickeap
Posts: 530
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:57 pm
Has thanked: 50 times
Been thanked: 119 times

Re: Trivia Quiz - No.391

Postby Rickeap » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:00 am

TROUBLE, 1975, somewhere

User avatar

TonyS
Posts: 1517
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:23 pm
Has thanked: 357 times
Been thanked: 516 times

Re: Trivia Quiz - No.391

Postby TonyS » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:40 am

Colin B wrote:Trivia Quiz - No.391


Let's have a brief rest from the picture ones !

"Ladies & gentlemen, we have a new record that came out this week, & I don't know the words to
it yet, so I have to read 'em & er - it's the type song, if you miss one word, you might as well forget it,
because you can't catch up with it, boy - so, er, it's called ??????? "


When did he say that, where & what was the song ?

Burning Love, on tour somewhere in April 1972
www.memphismansion.com
What a great place to visit, it really is.

User avatar

Topic author
Colin B
Posts: 9689
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:35 pm
Location: Gravesend - UK
Has thanked: 1274 times
Been thanked: 1630 times

Re: Trivia Quiz - No.391

Postby Colin B » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:26 am

Rickeap wrote:TROUBLE, 1975, somewhere
TonyS wrote:Burning Love, on tour somewhere in April 1972


It was T.R.O.U.B.L.E & it was 1975, so well done, Rickeap !

But I really want an exact date & location for full marks !
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

User avatar

Topic author
Colin B
Posts: 9689
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:35 pm
Location: Gravesend - UK
Has thanked: 1274 times
Been thanked: 1630 times

Re: Trivia Quiz - No.391

Postby Colin B » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:43 pm

Rickeap wrote:TROUBLE, 1975, somewhere
TonyS wrote:Burning Love, on tour somewhere in April 1972
Colin B wrote:It was T.R.O.U.B.L.E & it was 1975, so well done, Rickeap !
But I really want an exact date & location for full marks !


OK - it was at the Omni Coliseum, Atlanta, Georgia, on 30th April, 1975.

I thought somebody would have remembered as it was on a very recent FTD release: Elvis in Atlanta !

Is it that members here didn't buy that release ?

Or bought it, but haven't listened to it yet ?

Or have listened to it, but not paid attention to the between-songs chatter ?

Useless Trivia:

The next night, at the same venue, he introduced the song thus:

"We have out a new record - er - ladies & gentlemen, that's been out about - er - a week now, and - er -
it's got a lot of words to it & I don't know the words to it yet, just like I didn't know the words to the last song, but - er -
nonetheless - we shall read it - er - I shall read it & it's called T.R.O.U.B.L.E"


His reference to not knowing the words to his last song was because he got lost during My Boy, after he said the 'sleep on' bit !
But he recovered himself, got the band to start the line again, & finished the song OK !

It's odd, isn't it, that it's more interesting when things go wrong !
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

User avatar

TonyS
Posts: 1517
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:23 pm
Has thanked: 357 times
Been thanked: 516 times

Re: Trivia Quiz - No.391

Postby TonyS » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:28 pm

I didn't buy it.
www.memphismansion.com
What a great place to visit, it really is.

User avatar

Topic author
Colin B
Posts: 9689
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:35 pm
Location: Gravesend - UK
Has thanked: 1274 times
Been thanked: 1630 times

Re: Trivia Quiz - No.391

Postby Colin B » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:37 pm

TonyS wrote:I didn't buy it.


Fair enough.

I'm something of a completist as far as FTD releases go................... bar the vinyl......
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B


Rickeap
Posts: 530
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:57 pm
Has thanked: 50 times
Been thanked: 119 times

Re: Trivia Quiz - No.391

Postby Rickeap » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:42 am

I reckon he said something similar at another date too

User avatar

Topic author
Colin B
Posts: 9689
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:35 pm
Location: Gravesend - UK
Has thanked: 1274 times
Been thanked: 1630 times

Re: Trivia Quiz - No.391

Postby Colin B » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:54 am

Rickeap wrote:I reckon he said something similar at another date too


Yeah, one show sounds very much like the others from the same period !
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

User avatar

TonyS
Posts: 1517
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:23 pm
Has thanked: 357 times
Been thanked: 516 times

Re: Trivia Quiz - No.391

Postby TonyS » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:27 am

Colin B wrote:
Rickeap wrote:I reckon he said something similar at another date too


Yeah, one show sounds very much like the others from the same period !

One show began sounding very much like the rest to me, I've enough now to represent any stage of his live career and decided to draw the line under them.
www.memphismansion.com
What a great place to visit, it really is.

User avatar

Topic author
Colin B
Posts: 9689
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:35 pm
Location: Gravesend - UK
Has thanked: 1274 times
Been thanked: 1630 times

Re: Trivia Quiz - No.391

Postby Colin B » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:56 am

Rickeap wrote:I reckon he said something similar at another date too
Colin B wrote:Yeah, one show sounds very much like the others from the same period !
TonyS wrote:One show began sounding very much like the rest to me, I've enough now to represent any stage of his live career and decided to draw the line under them.


We do get the occasional fluffed line or forgotten lyric to add a bit of interest to these soundboards !

See my earlier reference to My Boy ...
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

User avatar

TonyS
Posts: 1517
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:23 pm
Has thanked: 357 times
Been thanked: 516 times

Re: Trivia Quiz - No.391

Postby TonyS » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:31 pm

Colin B wrote:
See my earlier reference to My Boy ...

I can't believe you mentioned My Boy.....
Oh, it's ok, we are not THAT forum. :lol:
I quite like it actually, always have.
www.memphismansion.com
What a great place to visit, it really is.

User avatar

Suspicious Minds
Posts: 706
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:08 am
Location: Heartburn Motel
Has thanked: 665 times
Been thanked: 150 times

Re: Trivia Quiz - No.391

Postby Suspicious Minds » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:44 pm

TonyS wrote:
Colin B wrote:
See my earlier reference to My Boy ...

I can't believe you mentioned My Boy.....
Oh, it's ok, we are not THAT forum. :lol:
I quite like it actually, always have.


My boy, my boy! ;-)
Don't take yourself too seriously ;-)

User avatar

Topic author
Colin B
Posts: 9689
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:35 pm
Location: Gravesend - UK
Has thanked: 1274 times
Been thanked: 1630 times

Re: Trivia Quiz - No.391

Postby Colin B » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:58 pm

Colin B wrote:See my earlier reference to My Boy ...
TonyS wrote:I can't believe you mentioned My Boy.....
Oh, it's ok, we are not THAT forum. :lol:
I quite like it actually, always have.
Suspicious Minds wrote:My boy, my boy! ;-)


I've always said that the manic medic had a history with his father.

Deserted the family when he was a small boy, I shouldn't wonder.

The lyrics of My Boy were toe-curlingly cringe-worthy for him...
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

User avatar

Suspicious Minds
Posts: 706
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:08 am
Location: Heartburn Motel
Has thanked: 665 times
Been thanked: 150 times

Re: Trivia Quiz - No.391

Postby Suspicious Minds » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:29 pm

Colin B wrote:
Colin B wrote:See my earlier reference to My Boy ...
TonyS wrote:I can't believe you mentioned My Boy.....
Oh, it's ok, we are not THAT forum. :lol:
I quite like it actually, always have.
Suspicious Minds wrote:My boy, my boy! ;-)


I've always said that the manic medic had a history with his father.

Deserted the family when he was a small boy, I shouldn't wonder.

The lyrics of My Boy were toe-curlingly cringe-worthy for him...


:D

Man, he really went nuts, when you mentioned ...
Don't take yourself too seriously ;-)


Return to “The Trivia Quiz”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests