Elvis Presley Assault Charge

All the Elvis you can take
User avatar

Topic author
Lawrence
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:31 pm
Location: Essex, UK
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 24 times
Contact:

Elvis Presley Assault Charge

Postby Lawrence » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:49 pm

Here's a neat, albeit, short article I found today about the time Elvis got into a scuffle at a petrol station with two attendants in October of 1956.

Friday October 19 1956 EVENING EXPRESS - 21

Elvis Presley Assault Charge

Elvis Presley, the "Rock 'n' Roll King", allegedly was involved in a scuffle with two garage attendants in Memphis Tennessee.

The result, said the police: Presley received only a slight scratch. One attendant has a black eye and other a swollen jaw.
Presley and the two attendants were charged with assault and battery and disorderly conduct. They were released on bail.
The policemen said the fight erupted after Presley drove to the garage.

An attendant, Edward Hopper (32), who weight about eleven stone, came out and asked Presley to move his car. Three girls spotted Presley and rushed up for autographs. A second attendant, Aubrey Brown (21), who weighs over fourteen stone, came rushing out to Hopper's aid.

Image


Image
Hopper far left and Brown center

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Obfy_J-4jNQ

The petrol station the scuffle happened at would've probably looked somewhat like this, although this was taken circa 1960s

Image

A Texas de Brazil now sits on the spot where the petrol station once stood. It's located on South 2nd Street, just off of the corner of Gayoso Avenue.

Image

User avatar

John
Posts: 10226
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:36 pm
Has thanked: 1440 times
Been thanked: 2363 times

Re: Elvis Presley Assault Charge

Postby John » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:09 pm

No getting away from it, that ol' Elvis was a trouble making hood.


Bob TCB
Posts: 306
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:59 am
Has thanked: 52 times
Been thanked: 69 times

Re: Elvis Presley Assault Charge

Postby Bob TCB » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:50 pm

I never knew there was film footage of Elvis in court, due to those two clowns. However, it was not a trial and was not Elvis's fault. Elvis was slapped in the back of the head and told to move. According to some, Elvis had no right to defend himself. I wonder if the gas station attendants are still alive.


Bob TCB
Posts: 306
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:59 am
Has thanked: 52 times
Been thanked: 69 times

Re: Elvis Presley Assault Charge

Postby Bob TCB » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:05 pm

In the same newspaper page, they freely advertise Pro-Plus pep pills that clearly state that they were safe. No wonder Elvis was using them.

Oh, how things change in 60 years, but some want to attack Elvis for his addiction as if he was around in the "just say no" era of the 1980's.

User avatar

Jukebox
Posts: 1543
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:03 pm
Has thanked: 560 times
Been thanked: 419 times

Re: Elvis Presley Assault Charge

Postby Jukebox » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:12 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTqposuwu9g


Bob TCB wrote: I wonder if the gas station attendants are still alive.

If they are, I think you should find their nursing homes and whoop their old asses! :lol:


Bob TCB
Posts: 306
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:59 am
Has thanked: 52 times
Been thanked: 69 times

Re: Elvis Presley Assault Charge

Postby Bob TCB » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:26 am

Jukebox wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTqposuwu9g


Bob TCB wrote: I wonder if the gas station attendants are still alive.

If they are, I think you should find their nursing homes and whoop their old asses! :lol:

That was not the only time that jealous males tried to attack Elvis. That is why he learned karate as means of self defense. I have that old bootleg of the famous Las Vegas midnight show on 2-18-73 where these clowns rushed up on the stage to attack Elvis and Elvis kicked one clown onto a table after finishing "Suspicious Minds." You can hear people screaming and then Elvis steps up to the mike and says, "If he wants to shake my hand okay, but if he wants to get tough, I'll whoop his ass!" At first, Elvis had believed that Mike Stone had sent them. Then there was that scene in Lake Tahoe where this poor bastard flicked off the lights on the top floor at the hotel and had his jaw shattered by Red and Sonny West. Elvis would later get sued, but the charges were dropped. That is one of the reasons Vernon fired them.

Some still criticize Elvis for carrying guns, but neglect to mention that Charlie Manson's family once had Elvis on their kill list. Someone threatened Elvis in 1971 and wanted $50,000 or Elvis would be shot on stage. Elvis did the show anyway, with a gun in his boot.

User avatar

Mountain Mist
Posts: 11238
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:06 pm
Has thanked: 8333 times
Been thanked: 7059 times

Re: Elvis Presley Assault Charge

Postby Mountain Mist » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:37 am

Bob TCB wrote:
Jukebox wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTqposuwu9g


Bob TCB wrote: I wonder if the gas station attendants are still alive.

If they are, I think you should find their nursing homes and whoop their old asses! :lol:

That was not the only time that jealous males tried to attack Elvis. That is why he learned karate as means of self defense. I have that old bootleg of the famous Las Vegas midnight show on 2-18-73 where these clowns rushed up on the stage to attack Elvis and Elvis kicked one clown onto a table after finishing "Suspicious Minds." You can hear people screaming and then Elvis steps up to the mike and says, "If he wants to shake my hand okay, but if he wants to get tough, I'll whoop his ass!" At first, Elvis had believed that Mike Stone had sent them. Then there was that scene in Lake Tahoe where this poor bastard flicked off the lights on the top floor at the hotel and had his jaw shattered by Red and Sonny West. Elvis would later get sued, but the charges were dropped. That is one of the reasons Vernon fired them.

Some still criticize Elvis for carrying guns, but neglect to mention that Charlie Manson's family once had Elvis on their kill list. Someone threatened Elvis in 1971 and wanted $50,000 or Elvis would be shot on stage. Elvis did the show anyway, with a gun in his boot.



Elvis was number 87 on that Manson list - terrifying stuff.

https://www.theelvisforum-phoenix.com/v ... +87#p90434
"Hi Jim, it's Jamie at the police impound, they picked up your car again, lately they've been driving it more than you have."

User avatar

Topic author
Lawrence
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:31 pm
Location: Essex, UK
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 24 times
Contact:

Re: Elvis Presley Assault Charge

Postby Lawrence » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:39 pm

Here's another newspaper clipping I found on Pinterest today.

Image


Bob TCB
Posts: 306
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:59 am
Has thanked: 52 times
Been thanked: 69 times

Re: Elvis Presley Assault Charge

Postby Bob TCB » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:42 am

Mountain Mist wrote:
Bob TCB wrote:
Jukebox wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTqposuwu9g


Bob TCB wrote: I wonder if the gas station attendants are still alive.

If they are, I think you should find their nursing homes and whoop their old asses! :lol:

That was not the only time that jealous males tried to attack Elvis. That is why he learned karate as means of self defense. I have that old bootleg of the famous Las Vegas midnight show on 2-18-73 where these clowns rushed up on the stage to attack Elvis and Elvis kicked one clown onto a table after finishing "Suspicious Minds." You can hear people screaming and then Elvis steps up to the mike and says, "If he wants to shake my hand okay, but if he wants to get tough, I'll whoop his ass!" At first, Elvis had believed that Mike Stone had sent them. Then there was that scene in Lake Tahoe where this poor bastard flicked off the lights on the top floor at the hotel and had his jaw shattered by Red and Sonny West. Elvis would later get sued, but the charges were dropped. That is one of the reasons Vernon fired them.

Some still criticize Elvis for carrying guns, but neglect to mention that Charlie Manson's family once had Elvis on their kill list. Someone threatened Elvis in 1971 and wanted $50,000 or Elvis would be shot on stage. Elvis did the show anyway, with a gun in his boot.



Elvis was number 87 on that Manson list - terrifying stuff.

https://www.theelvisforum-phoenix.com/v ... +87#p90434

Considering what happened later with John Lennon, Elvis was right to be concerned about someone like Manson, wanting to seek fame for killing a celebrity. And this was way back on the late sixties/early seventies.

User avatar

Mountain Mist
Posts: 11238
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:06 pm
Has thanked: 8333 times
Been thanked: 7059 times

Re: Elvis Presley Assault Charge

Postby Mountain Mist » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:36 am

Bob TCB wrote:
Mountain Mist wrote:
Bob TCB wrote:
Jukebox wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTqposuwu9g


Bob TCB wrote: I wonder if the gas station attendants are still alive.

If they are, I think you should find their nursing homes and whoop their old asses! :lol:

That was not the only time that jealous males tried to attack Elvis. That is why he learned karate as means of self defense. I have that old bootleg of the famous Las Vegas midnight show on 2-18-73 where these clowns rushed up on the stage to attack Elvis and Elvis kicked one clown onto a table after finishing "Suspicious Minds." You can hear people screaming and then Elvis steps up to the mike and says, "If he wants to shake my hand okay, but if he wants to get tough, I'll whoop his ass!" At first, Elvis had believed that Mike Stone had sent them. Then there was that scene in Lake Tahoe where this poor bastard flicked off the lights on the top floor at the hotel and had his jaw shattered by Red and Sonny West. Elvis would later get sued, but the charges were dropped. That is one of the reasons Vernon fired them.

Some still criticize Elvis for carrying guns, but neglect to mention that Charlie Manson's family once had Elvis on their kill list. Someone threatened Elvis in 1971 and wanted $50,000 or Elvis would be shot on stage. Elvis did the show anyway, with a gun in his boot.



Elvis was number 87 on that Manson list - terrifying stuff.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5961&p=90434&hilit=manson+87#p90434

Considering what happened later with John Lennon, Elvis was right to be concerned about someone like Manson, wanting to seek fame for killing a celebrity. And this was way back on the late sixties/early seventies.




Elvis was very right.

You have probably heard, that Elvis insisted (in a nice way, by making a deal with his gate friends in LA) that those at the gate go home by dark at that terrifying Manson time.
"Hi Jim, it's Jamie at the police impound, they picked up your car again, lately they've been driving it more than you have."


Bob TCB
Posts: 306
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:59 am
Has thanked: 52 times
Been thanked: 69 times

Re: Elvis Presley Assault Charge

Postby Bob TCB » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:45 pm

John Lennon's killer, Mark David Chapman is up for parole. Let's hope he is denied once again.


Return to “Everything Elvis”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Bob TCB, Google [Bot], Johnny2523, LauraEPFan, Mojo Filter, Paul1974, Sebastiano and 12 guests