Movies unedited (that at one time existed)

Movies, TV and You Tube

John

Re: Movies unedited (that at one time existed)

Postby John » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:07 am

Mountain Mist wrote:
John wrote:
Pacer wrote:I did not.
Specific link?

Who knows about a link, but here's this? They're probably out there in better quality somewhere.
deleted.jpg

Was the topless lady a wardrobe malfunction?

I'm sure someone would have noticed.

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:42 am

Mountain Mist wrote:Was the topless lady a wardrobe malfunction?

No, it was scripted.

Deleted on Parker's orders because he couldn't bear the thought of something happening that was so interesting that it might deflect attention from what 'his boy' was doing...
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

Suspicious Minds

Postby Suspicious Minds » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:45 am

Mountain Mist wrote:
John wrote:
Specific link?

Who knows about a link, but here's this? They're probably out there in better quality somewhere.
deleted.jpg

Hahaha! :D
Don't take yourself too seriously ;-)

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:48 am

Colin B wrote:

No, it was scripted.

Deleted on Parker's orders because he couldn't bear the thought of something happening that was so interesting that it might deflect attention from what 'his boy' was doing...

Colonel stifled any creativity, such a shame.

Do you know what the story line would have been for the breast being bared?

I guess on reflection, a bare breast back then in the culture of the time would have been an adult movie rating?

John

Postby John » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:00 pm

Colin B wrote:

No, it was scripted.

Can't be. The bath scene survived.

Topic author
Sonny

Postby Sonny » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:54 pm

Not at all a silly question Mountain Mist. But there were very little films for sale. And if there were they would be expensive. I don't know if any Elvis movies were for sale back then. Perhaps the well known ones, but it was not a common thing those days. To me, renting those was very zpecial,since it was so hard to even see those in this past part of the world (Netherlands).Copying movies was impossible those days.

Ed A

Postby Ed A » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:44 pm

Sonny wrote:Not at all a silly question Mountain Mist. But there were very little films for sale. And if there were they would be expensive. I don't know if any Elvis movies were for sale back then. Perhaps the well known ones, but it was not a common thing those days. To me, renting those was very zpecial,since it was so hard to even see those in this past part of the world (Netherlands).Copying movies was impossible those days.

I still have all of my VHS Elvis movies (U.S. versions) that I purchased in the late 1970's and early 1980's. All but a handful were available. And I had 2 VHS machines so I made copies of many different things. The movies had what they called a "Copy Guard" on them that was suppose to prevent copying but I found that if I couldn't copy from machine A to machine B, I could just change the connections and copy from machine B to machine A. I still have two 2 hour VHS tapes that I called Rockin' Elvis, with all fast type tunes and Lovin' Elvis, with all ballads. So have to believe that if some of those scenes were ever available on VHS, they would still be around today.

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:05 pm

Sonny wrote:Not at all a silly question Mountain Mist. But there were very little films for sale. And if there were they would be expensive. I don't know if any Elvis movies were for sale back then. Perhaps the well known ones, but it was not a common thing those days. To me, renting those was very zpecial,since it was so hard to even see those in this past part of the world (Netherlands).Copying movies was impossible those days.

Thank you Sonny.

goldbelt

Postby goldbelt » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:52 pm

John wrote:
Specific link?

deleted.jpg

There is also a (maybe lesser known) photo of another lady who has approached Jess Wade at the bar in this early scene.

I guess you got the bathtub scene from the late night BBC screening of Charro in the 1980s, John.

goldbelt

Postby goldbelt » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:04 pm

Mountain Mist wrote:
John wrote:
Specific link?

deleted.jpg

It's a wild west saloon scene where the ladies are attempting to entice the newly arrived Jess Wade to 'spend time with them' in the movie.

As mentioned previously, there is also a photo of another lady who had similarly approached Jess Wade at the bar.

Though the ladies are still in the movie - the nudity was removed from this scene.

As for the one time hard to find violent branding scene in Charro - that seems to have now been restored to prints of the movie - and even broadcast in full on UK tv.
Last edited by goldbelt on Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:12 pm

goldbelt wrote:It's a wild west saloon scene where the ladies are attempting to entice the newly arrived Jess Wade to 'spend time with them' in the movie.

As mentioned previously, there is also a photo of another lady who had similarly approached Jess Wade at the bar.

Though the ladies are still in the movie - the nudity was removed from this scene.

I wonder if the nude scenes actually got filmed ?

They could feature in the 'deleted scenes' bit on a DVD...
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

John

Postby John » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:20 pm

goldbelt wrote:
John wrote:
Specific link?

deleted.jpg

There is also a (maybe lesser known) photo of another lady who has approached Jess Wade at the bar in this early scene.

I guess you got the bathtub scene from the late night BBC screening of Charro in the 1980s, John.

I did, although I’m not sure it was late night, but I suppose it must have been.

goldbelt

Postby goldbelt » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:24 pm

Colin B wrote:
goldbelt wrote:It's a wild west saloon scene where the ladies are attempting to entice the newly arrived Jess Wade to 'spend time with them' in the movie.

I wonder if the nude scenes actually got filmed ?

They could feature in the 'deleted scenes' bit on a DVD...

One suspects there is a good chance they were filmed, as they are documented with on set photos as was the bathtub scene.

In a radio promo interview, the director notes the movie has violence and nudity - going onto describe the bathtub scene and it's context. Of course, the nudity of a stand in added absolutely nothing to the scene story wise, when you compare it to the edited version.

goldbelt

Postby goldbelt » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:27 pm

John wrote:
goldbelt wrote:
John wrote:
Specific link?

deleted.jpg

I did, although I’m not sure it was late night, but I suppose it must have been.

It was shown sometime after 11pm if not mistaken.

Though of course not the only Elvis movie to have ever been shown late.

goldbelt

Postby goldbelt » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:31 pm

Another possibly deleted scene from Speedway (if it was indeed filmed) is the night time drive back from the tax office with Bill Bixby and Elvis.

Return to “The King On Screen”