Movies unedited (that at one time existed)

Movies, TV and You Tube

John

Re: Movies unedited (that at one time existed)

Postby John » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:33 pm

goldbelt wrote:
John wrote:
goldbelt wrote:
John wrote:
Pacer wrote:I did not.
Specific link?

Who knows about a link, but here's this? They're probably out there in better quality somewhere.
deleted.jpg

There is also a (maybe lesser known) photo of another lady who has approached Jess Wade at the bar in this early scene.

I guess you got the bathtub scene from the late night BBC screening of Charro in the 1980s, John.

I did, although I’m not sure it was late night, but I suppose it must have been.

It was shown sometime after 11pm if not mistaken.

Though of course not the only Elvis movie to have ever been shown late.
Could be. All I know is I never watched it at the time. Some years later I was throwing away video tapes and for some reason it popped into my head to just check it out, and blow me down, there was the bath scene.

Pacer
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby Pacer » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:09 pm

Ed A wrote:
Sonny wrote:Not at all a silly question Mountain Mist. But there were very little films for sale. And if there were they would be expensive. I don't know if any Elvis movies were for sale back then. Perhaps the well known ones, but it was not a common thing those days. To me, renting those was very zpecial,since it was so hard to even see those in this past part of the world (Netherlands).Copying movies was impossible those days.

I still have all of my VHS Elvis movies (U.S. versions) that I purchased in the late 1970's and early 1980's. All but a handful were available. And I had 2 VHS machines so I made copies of many different things. The movies had what they called a "Copy Guard" on them that was suppose to prevent copying but I found that if I couldn't copy from machine A to machine B, I could just change the connections and copy from machine B to machine A. I still have two 2 hour VHS tapes that I called Rockin' Elvis, with all fast type tunes and Lovin' Elvis, with all ballads. So have to believe that if some of those scenes were ever available on VHS, they would still be around today.

Right.and that makes me suspicious why five sleepy heads haven't turned up even after decades...

Pacer
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby Pacer » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:10 pm

goldbelt wrote:
John wrote:
Pacer wrote:I did not.
Specific link?

Who knows about a link, but here's this? They're probably out there in better quality somewhere.
deleted.jpg

There is also a (maybe lesser known) photo of another lady who has approached Jess Wade at the bar in this early scene.

Do you have that?

Pacer
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby Pacer » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:14 pm

goldbelt wrote:Another possibly deleted scene from Speedway (if it was indeed filmed) is the night time drive back from the tax office with Bill Bixby and Elvis.

There is a pic of bill Bixby and elvis in the car by night from that scene.
So that scene was definitely filmed and subsequently cut.

Ed A

Postby Ed A » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:05 am

Pacer wrote:
goldbelt wrote:Another possibly deleted scene from Speedway (if it was indeed filmed) is the night time drive back from the tax office with Bill Bixby and Elvis.

There is a pic of bill Bixby and elvis in the car by night from that scene.
So that scene was definitely filmed and subsequently cut.

Here is the script page with that scene. The scene says "Country Road - Day" but the previous scene was in the IRS office at night.

Speedway-Pg 58.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Pacer
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby Pacer » Thu May 09, 2019 12:24 am

And the scene picture I have that survived also showed elvis and Bixby by night in the car.

Return to “The King On Screen”