Pacer
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Re: ~ Reviews for "Where No One Stands Alone" Gospel CD

Postby Pacer » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:23 pm

John wrote:
Pacer wrote:
John wrote:
Pacer wrote:Yes, but such an obvious picture fault.
I don't understand.
I mean they Photoshop his eyes moremblue (so it looks fake to me,,,,,almost unnatural blue)....but don't bother to eliminate that very obvious line I pointed out?

I didn't notice it. I might have noticed a bad edit on the album though.

Still don't See it in the on the cover where my arrow points at?

I said I didn't notice it, but I did after you pointed it out, but to me it ain't no big deal. Is it on the LP cover there in the video?

Don't know the Lp.
It so far it's on every picture of that release that I saw..
It is kind of a deal,.....if they go on to the length and colour his eyes and changing some colours all around....i think it's sloppy that they left/ or created that visual curve in there.
Like I said...looks like a scan from an old L.p. where the record partly is pressing through the cover.
But since nobody cares and covers are just to look at a quick glance my criticism is my problem.
I mean, fans didn't care about reversed pics on albums since decades....so I keep my complaint for that to myself.
It is just funny...nowadays they change pics so much through Photoshop.....get rid of wrinkles, pimples etc.....which are there on a lot of undoctored pics.?but here they don't remove something which wasn't in the original pic in it.
Experts, they are..yeah.

Topic author
Jukebox
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby Jukebox » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:58 pm

Pacer wrote:
Jukebox wrote:
Pacer wrote:Barely noticeable?
Well, it sprang to my eyes the first time I saw the cover art many weeks ago. Very sloppy work.

Pacer, if it was so noticeable, then why did you have to enlarge the cover pic (with an arrow)
in order to point out something that you noticed?

I didn't "enlarged "it...i took a random pic from Google without enlarging it.

That flaw is indeed much more noticeable on the Lp album cover.
I'm happy to be an Elvis fan! 8-)

Bob TCB
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby Bob TCB » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:44 pm

Jukebox wrote:
Bob TCB wrote: The key tracks are "I've Got Confidence" "Where No One Stands Alone" "Saved" "Crying In The Chapel" "How Great Thou Art" and "Amazing Grace."

What about "You'll Never Walk Alone" and "Bosom of Abraham"? ... Give those 2 another listen. 8-)

I wish they had used the whole six minute version of "You'll Never Walk Alone Alone." Elvis sung in a slightly higher key. I believe it was the complete take one.

gerry

Postby gerry » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:38 pm

Three US #1's

https://www.wnypapers.com/news/article/ ... lbum-chart

John

Postby John » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:29 pm

gerry wrote:Three US #1's

https://www.wnypapers.com/news/article/ ... lbum-chart

Page not found.

Topic author
Jukebox
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby Jukebox » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:05 am

Bob TCB wrote:I wish they had used the whole six minute version of "You'll Never Walk Alone Alone." Elvis sung in a slightly higher key. I believe it was the complete take one.

Not really a six minute version, Bob TCB. Elvis basically sings the song twice... if this YouTube video is the take you're referring to.
1st time 0:10 - 2:56
2nd time 2:57 - 5:33

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88SF84XWqOM
I'm happy to be an Elvis fan! 8-)

Bob TCB
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby Bob TCB » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:57 am

Jukebox wrote:
Bob TCB wrote:I wish they had used the whole six minute version of "You'll Never Walk Alone Alone." Elvis sung in a slightly higher key. I believe it was the complete take one.

Not really a six minute version, Bob TCB. Elvis basically sings the song twice... if this YouTube video is the take you're referring to.

Yeah, I can hear that he basically starts the song over. It's the same take that I have, but I forget what boot I have it on. It is somewhere on the shelves I built yo hold all of them. Elvis did a lot of brilliant complete take ones like the ultimate bluesy "Tomorrow Is A Long Time" that is also over 5 minutes long. I was just surprised it was never officially released. In fact, Sony/RCA could actually do a project with just all a collection of take ones.

John

Postby John » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:03 am

Bob TCB wrote:
Jukebox wrote:

Yeah, I can hear that he basically starts the song over. It's the same take that I have, but I forget what boot I have it on. It is somewhere on the shelves I built yo hold all of them. Elvis did a lot of brilliant complete take ones like the ultimate bluesy "Tomorrow Is A Long Time" that is also over 5 minutes long. I was just surprised it was never officially released. In fact, Sony/RCA could actually do a project with just all a collection of take ones.

There are no unreleased takes of Tomorrow Is A Long Time. There is one false start (take 1) and and two complete takes, all available officially.

Bob TCB
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby Bob TCB » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:14 am

John wrote:
Bob TCB wrote:
Jukebox wrote:

There are no unreleased takes of Tomorrow Is A Long Time. There is one false start (take 1) and and two complete takes, all available officially.

You are probably correct, but the information is coming from a bootlegger that marked the whole false start and take two as the first take. It's from an older boot called, "Elvis Takes The First." I know that there is a take two, but this sounds really bluesier than what I heard before.

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:31 am

This is what I have in my [amended] notes:

Tomorrow is a Long Time [003].JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

Bob TCB
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby Bob TCB » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:51 pm

Colin B wrote:This is what I have in my notes:

Tomorrow is a Long Time - 002.JPG

It could be an overdub, but whatever it is, the song is still different than the 3 known takes. Maybe the bootlegger added something to it. Not sure. It does sound mighty good though. My guess is the bootlegger wanted a crack of producing a track he or she believed would be better than the master.

Or maybe it was just a rejected remix that RCA never used and it fell into the bootleggers hands.

John

Postby John » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:41 pm

Bob TCB wrote:Elvis did a lot of brilliant complete take ones like the ultimate bluesy "Tomorrow Is A Long Time" that is also over 5 minutes long. I was just surprised it was never officially released. In fact, Sony/RCA could actually do a project with just all a collection of take ones.
John wrote:There are no unreleased takes of Tomorrow Is A Long Time. There is one false start (take 1) and and two complete takes, all available officially.
Bob TCB wrote:You are probably correct, but the information is coming from a bootlegger that marked the whole false start and take two as the first take. It's from an older boot called, "Elvis Takes The First." I know that there is a take two, but this sounds really bluesier than what I heard before.

Well, if you manage to put it up here, or link to it, it will be interesting to hear. Nothing is listed on Keith Flynn's site though apart from the regular takes.

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:24 pm

John wrote:... Nothing is listed on Keith Flynn's site though apart from the regular takes.

The notes I posted earlier are more accurate than Keith's.

I've got the exact timings for each & every 'false start', however brief.

My list of releases, however, must be considered to include the 'highlights' only.

The best official release to get all the takes on this song is the excellent: Elvis Sings Guitar Man [FTD 98] from 2011.
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

John

Postby John » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:00 pm

Colin B wrote:
John wrote:... Nothing is listed on Keith Flynn's site though apart from the regular takes.

The notes I posted earlier are more accurate than Keith's.

I've got the exact timings for each & every 'false start', however brief.
I think Keith counts the chatter and count-ins in his timing sometimes. Like you, I only count from when the music starts to when it stops.

My list of releases, however, must be considered to include the 'highlights' only.
I think you should start a web site.
The best official release to get all the takes on this song is the excellent: Elvis Sings Guitar Man [FTD 98] from 2011.

Indeed.

John

Postby John » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:07 pm

Colin B wrote:This is what I have in my notes:

Tomorrow is a Long Time - 002.JPG

So High included two false starts too, not just the playback.

Return to “Everything Elvis”