The Most likely Unreleased Sun tune to be issued is.....

All the Elvis you can take

John

Re: The Most likely Unreleased Sun tune to be issued is.....

Postby John » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:43 pm

There are obviously opposing views, so I guess you'll have to agree to disagree.

As we're now getting uncalled for unpleasant and personal remarks, and it seems everything has been said that can be said about this topic, I'm inclined to close it down. I'll have a look tomorrow and if it continues in this manner, it will get locked. Shame, I don't want to do it as it's such an interesting topic, but I don't think we're going to get a sensible resolution to this.

Topic author
cadillac-elvis

Postby cadillac-elvis » Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:01 am

John wrote:There are obviously opposing views, so I guess you'll have to agree to disagree.

As we're now getting uncalled for unpleasant and personal remarks, and it seems everything has been said that can be said about this topic, I'm inclined to close it down. I'll have a look tomorrow and if it continues in this manner, it will get locked. Shame, I don't want to do it as it's such an interesting topic, but I don't think we're going to get a sensible resolution to this.

yep, probably not until it gets released I guess.
It seems that back in 1965 they wanted a Sun recording
for the Elvis is Everyone album, and they had several choices,
such as Tomorrow night, Tennessee Saturday night, and Harbor lights.
If you will notice that Harbor lights was put out some 11 years after that.
And Sun stuff kept coming out one piece every 10 years or so.
We are due for another one very soon.

John

Postby John » Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:07 am

cadillac-elvis wrote:
John wrote:There are obviously opposing views, so I guess you'll have to agree to disagree.

We'll have to wait and see.

reg

Postby reg » Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:54 am

cadillac-elvis wrote:
reg wrote:
cadillac-elvis wrote:
Axeman517 wrote:When one person has to attack another i\on a personal level because they disagree, they reveal their own level of maturity (or lack thereof), and can no longer be taken seriously.

I completely agree, I see you saw I was attacked.
And I don't take them seriously after the comment they made about me.
But, I can take care of myself.
I can agree with or disagree with anyone, but
to call my opinions "BS" is going too far.

And just to get back to semi-on topic,
there is no refuting the evidence that Ernst
does at some time or another "hold back" material.
It's part of the business, and it's very common.

I thought of another example.....
When the personal acetates were discovered, he released
one side and held back the other for several years. and
he did that with both of those acetates.
and Like I said before, he has done this countless times.

Your opinons are bs. Thats not an attack that is just the truth. You again have your facts wrong. Ernst didnt hold back the personal acetates at all. Another bs example. Ernst was not working at RCA when they released My Happiness on The Great Performances CD! How could he be holding back when he wasn't even involved at all? And when he was working on RCA for the 50s box a few years later, he made sure the second side of it was on there! Maybe get a copy and see for yourself instead of talking bs. The other acetate was discovered by someone else in the mid-90s not at RCA and it took a long while to get the rights to those sides. They did get the rights and Ernst did put them out. I am not going to bother posting on you because you are a waste of time and I am getting too old to bother with people like you.

I can admit if I am wrong, and if Ernst was not involved in that instance I can accept that.
But I gave so many other examples in which stuff was held back.
It's part of the business and it happens.
You have stated that you had never heard of it happening.
it does happen.
Out of all the examples, I may have had the time line wrong on the My happiness disc, but that is
only one of the many examples I gave.
And it's not the main point. You side tracked the whole thread on this thing about holding back stuff.
All I needed was one example to show that they hold things back.
And they are very careful to only let a limited amount of Sun era items out per decade.
I don't know when Ernst started with RCA but it was around the mid 1990's.
It is BS to say Ernst never held things back.
Ok, now we cleared that up, move on.

You need to stop posting. You talk without facts and even here you cannot admit you are totally wrong with your latest Ernst example about the Sun acetates. You have a bug up your butt about Ernst and that is what has destroyed this topic. I think you are really jealous that he has a job you want but will never have. Too bad. I hope this topic gets locked because this kind of stuff is just bs and a waste of time.

Topic author
cadillac-elvis

Postby cadillac-elvis » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:00 am

reg wrote:
cadillac-elvis wrote:
reg wrote:
cadillac-elvis wrote:
Axeman517 wrote:When one person has to attack another i\on a personal level because they disagree, they reveal their own level of maturity (or lack thereof), and can no longer be taken seriously.

I completely agree, I see you saw I was attacked.
And I don't take them seriously after the comment they made about me.
But, I can take care of myself.
I can agree with or disagree with anyone, but
to call my opinions "BS" is going too far.

And just to get back to semi-on topic,
there is no refuting the evidence that Ernst
does at some time or another "hold back" material.
It's part of the business, and it's very common.

I thought of another example.....
When the personal acetates were discovered, he released
one side and held back the other for several years. and
he did that with both of those acetates.
and Like I said before, he has done this countless times.

Your opinons are bs. Thats not an attack that is just the truth. You again have your facts wrong. Ernst didnt hold back the personal acetates at all. Another bs example. Ernst was not working at RCA when they released My Happiness on The Great Performances CD! How could he be holding back when he wasn't even involved at all? And when he was working on RCA for the 50s box a few years later, he made sure the second side of it was on there! Maybe get a copy and see for yourself instead of talking bs. The other acetate was discovered by someone else in the mid-90s not at RCA and it took a long while to get the rights to those sides. They did get the rights and Ernst did put them out. I am not going to bother posting on you because you are a waste of time and I am getting too old to bother with people like you.

I can admit if I am wrong, and if Ernst was not involved in that instance I can accept that.
But I gave so many other examples in which stuff was held back.
It's part of the business and it happens.
You have stated that you had never heard of it happening.
it does happen.
Out of all the examples, I may have had the time line wrong on the My happiness disc, but that is
only one of the many examples I gave.
And it's not the main point. You side tracked the whole thread on this thing about holding back stuff.
All I needed was one example to show that they hold things back.
And they are very careful to only let a limited amount of Sun era items out per decade.
I don't know when Ernst started with RCA but it was around the mid 1990's.
It is BS to say Ernst never held things back.
Ok, now we cleared that up, move on.

You need to stop posting. You have given zero facts and even here you cannot admit you are totally wrong with your latest Ernst example. I can only figure you are really jealous that he has a job you want but will never have. Give it a rest.

It was just meant to be a fun topic until some negative nellie came along to wreck it.
The part of about holding back material was said off handedly and not researched but
just mentioned off the top of my head, so I perhaps made a goof.
And you yourself have not admitted that you were wrong by saying that
Ernst has held back material when in fact he has done this many times.
You're not alotta fun around the holiday's are ya?

UPDATE:

Looky what I found on another thread written by Reg.

"I really hated them holding back so much stuff for so long."

HYPOCRIT .....Hmmm.

Mojo Filter

Postby Mojo Filter » Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:46 am

cadillac-elvis wrote:

"Tennessee Saturday Night" has already been explained by me starting from page 1 of this thread.

I will say it again:

The song was under the Hill and Range publishing umbrella has evidenced in the original 1955 song folio booklet "Elvis Presley Jukebox Of Favourites". That booklet consisted lots of songs, not all were done by Elvis, that were under the Hill and Range publishing to pad out the booklet and promote the songs.

Now, if they had a sun recording of the song by Elvis when they required the tapes from Sam Phillips in 1955, it is more than likely they would have released it in 1956, say his first album, rather than publishing a song like "Blue Moon" that didn't come under the Hill and Range publishing umbrella. They would have preferred to publish a song Hill and Range owned because they would get more money, that's logical.

So to recap: it's doubtful RCA ever had "Tennessee Saturday Night" on Sun by Elvis. Cases closed.
she's well acquainted with a touch of the velvet hand, like a lizard on a window pane

Topic author
cadillac-elvis

Postby cadillac-elvis » Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:29 am

Mojo Filter wrote:
cadillac-elvis wrote:

"Tennessee Saturday Night" has already been explained by me starting from page 1 of this thread.

I will say it again:

The song was under the Hill and Range publishing umbrella has evidenced in the original 1955 song folio booklet "Elvis Presley Jukebox Of Favourites". That booklet consisted lots of songs, not all were done by Elvis, that were under the Hill and Range publishing to pad out the booklet and promote the songs.

Now, if they had a sun recording of the song by Elvis when they required the tapes from Sam Phillips in 1955, it is more than likely they would have released it in 1956, say his first album, rather than publishing a song like "Blue Moon" that didn't come under the Hill and Range publishing umbrella. They would have preferred to publish a song Hill and Range owned because they would get more money, that's logical.

So to recap: it's doubtful RCA ever had "Tennessee Saturday Night" on Sun by Elvis. Cases closed.

The case is never closed. Especially with no proof, and only speculation on your part.
Maybe TSN is a radio broadcast performance such as Fool fool fool, or perhaps it's a hayride performance.
It's not any more likely they would have released it than they didn't release, Harbor lights, tomorrow night, in 1956.
There is no pattern with the sheet music, and so that evidence is flawed as well.
Part of being a fan is staying positive and hopefull these things turn up.
You can go on thinking the well is dry, but not me.
There is still things to be released from this era.....as many have pointed out ...just be patient.

John

Postby John » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:25 am

reg wrote:
You need to stop posting. You talk without facts and even here you cannot admit you are totally wrong with your latest Ernst example about the Sun acetates. You have a bug up your butt about Ernst and that is what has destroyed this topic. I think you are really jealous that he has a job you want but will never have. Too bad. I hope this topic gets locked because this kind of stuff is just bs and a waste of time.

If it does get locked, it will be because of comments such as yours.

Mojo Filter

Postby Mojo Filter » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:48 am

cadillac-elvis wrote:
Mojo Filter wrote:
cadillac-elvis wrote:

I will say it again:

The case is never closed. Especially with no proof, and only speculation on your part.
Maybe TSN is a radio broadcast performance such as Fool fool fool, or perhaps it's a hayride performance.
It's not any more likely they would have released it than they didn't release, Harbor lights, tomorrow night, in 1956.
There is no pattern with the sheet music, and so that evidence is flawed as well.
There is still things to be released from this era.....as many have pointed out ...just be patient.

The only one speculating is you with all the "maybes" or "it could be this or that" you keep saying. My postings are from existing evidence has I've already explained it and that you don't seem to get or understand, or is it you do but prefer to be under the illusion spell.

"Harbour Lights" and "Tomorrow Night" do not fall under the Hill and Range publishing umbrella which is why they remained unreleased because Hill and Range couldn't get any of the publishing. One of them, "Tomorrow Night" was released in desperation in 1965 because RCA needed a non soundtrack album, so they were forced to let the publishing go. Why "Harbour Lights" had to wait a few more years is anyone's guess. If i was pushed to have a guess I'd it's because "Tomorrow Night" is a far better performance than "Harbour Lights".

"Harbour Lights" was eventually released on one of the Legendary Performancer albums simply for historical reasons which was the whole concept behind the albums.

We all know, or should do, the disaster surrounding Elvis' publishing company, it caused him and his artistry a lot of problems in the years he was with RCA all in the name of "greed". As the old saying goes "money is the root of all evil" and that saying is spot on when talking about Elvis'career with RCA. Elvis was trapped by it all and he just felt powerless and didn't have it in him to put his foot down, and that's sad. As the years went by he just gave up and didn't care anymore, hence why there was so much mediocre work and performances and even lost interest in going to the recording studio because of the songs he was being forced to record by his greedy publishers. That's why most of the 70s he spent doing more cover versions of songs he liked rather than the crap he was forced fed by Beinstock of the Abarbach's.

The sheet music from that 1955 booklet really says a lot and speaks volumes about the publishing situation. You just have to use some intelligent education and study these things.

Anyway, on "Tennessee Saturday Night" the case is closed it didn't happen at Sun records.

But feel free to carry on with your delusions it ain't gonna get you anywhere.

Phew, man, I'm exhausted!
she's well acquainted with a touch of the velvet hand, like a lizard on a window pane

picturefan

Postby picturefan » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:28 am

HD_RES wrote:I didnt care when My Hapiness was released,same with Little Mama and the one on Platinum box.
The only thing that would be cool for me to hear from that time period would be Rock Around The Clock and Only You.
The Sun period is obviously history but im sorry to say that it gives me NO listening pleasure :(

And i don't give a hoot if they ever find the 77 indianapolis Tape on soundboard.

To be honest, i really don't even care one bit about On Tour tapes from 1972.

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:19 am

There is certainly some division among Elvis supporters.

Some like his early stuff.

Others prefer the 70s.

And another group like all of his output !

We're a diverse group & all the better for it...
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

skabillyrebels

Postby skabillyrebels » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:20 am

"Don't tell me to play it. I will when I get ready. Do you understand me?"

Tulsa Mclean

Postby Tulsa Mclean » Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:49 pm

cadillac-elvis wrote:I don't know when Ernst started with RCA but it was around the mid 1990's.

Ernst Jorgensen started working for RCA back around mid 80´s, his first Project was: Essential Elvis-The First Movies lp/cd (1986) ;).
Viva el vino, viva el dinero, viva, viva el amor!!.

Topic author
cadillac-elvis

Postby cadillac-elvis » Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:06 pm

Mojo Filter wrote:
cadillac-elvis wrote:
Mojo Filter wrote:
cadillac-elvis wrote:

I will say it again:

The only one speculating is you with all the "maybes" or "it could be this or that" you keep saying. My postings are from existing evidence has I've already explained it and that you don't seem to get or understand, or is it you do but prefer to be under the illusion spell.

"Harbour Lights" and "Tomorrow Night" do not fall under the Hill and Range publishing umbrella which is why they remained unreleased because Hill and Range couldn't get any of the publishing. One of them, "Tomorrow Night" was released in desperation in 1965 because RCA needed a non soundtrack album, so they were forced to let the publishing go. Why "Harbour Lights" had to wait a few more years is anyone's guess. If i was pushed to have a guess I'd it's because "Tomorrow Night" is a far better performance than "Harbour Lights".

"Harbour Lights" was eventually released on one of the Legendary Performancer albums simply for historical reasons which was the whole concept behind the albums.

We all know, or should do, the disaster surrounding Elvis' publishing company, it caused him and his artistry a lot of problems in the years he was with RCA all in the name of "greed". As the old saying goes "money is the root of all evil" and that saying is spot on when talking about Elvis'career with RCA. Elvis was trapped by it all and he just felt powerless and didn't have it in him to put his foot down, and that's sad. As the years went by he just gave up and didn't care anymore, hence why there was so much mediocre work and performances and even lost interest in going to the recording studio because of the songs he was being forced to record by his greedy publishers. That's why most of the 70s he spent doing more cover versions of songs he liked rather than the crap he was forced fed by Beinstock of the Abarbach's.

The sheet music from that 1955 booklet really says a lot and speaks volumes about the publishing situation. You just have to use some intelligent education and study these things.

Anyway, on "Tennessee Saturday Night" the case is closed it didn't happen at Sun records.

But feel free to carry on with your delusions it ain't gonna get you anywhere.

Phew, man, I'm exhausted!

All the evidence both you and I have provided is very circumstantial.
So, your case is no better off than mine.
But, here is the kicker, my case is about the tape existing, yours is about it NOT existing.
And anyone knows, you can't prove a negative.
So, you can go on and on about how it doesn't exist, talking about sheet music and such,
but a tape could still turn up. Case is still open.

HD_RES

Postby HD_RES » Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:14 pm

picturefan wrote:
HD_RES wrote:I didnt care when My Hapiness was released,same with Little Mama and the one on Platinum box.
The only thing that would be cool for me to hear from that time period would be Rock Around The Clock and Only You.
The Sun period is obviously history but im sorry to say that it gives me NO listening pleasure :(

And i don't give a hoot if they ever find the 77 indianapolis Tape on soundboard.

To be honest, i really don't even care one bit about On Tour tapes from 1972.

I havent been into soundboards for decades and unreleased On Tour footage will not be released so I dont care about that either.

Return to “Everything Elvis”