The Most likely Unreleased Sun tune to be issued is.....

All the Elvis you can take

Mojo Filter

Re: The Most likely Unreleased Sun tune to be issued is.....

Postby Mojo Filter » Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:21 pm

Mister Moon wrote:
cadillac-elvis wrote:So, what do you all think about this article written nearly 40 years ago.
Notice the way in which he states these things. Not speculation.....long before
the "my happiness" disc was discovered he states it exists, and in the same sentence, "as does a Sun tape of...."

I have been reading these types of articles for decades and watching as RCA has slowly been releasing this stuff.

Where is this from ?

That summer 1954 acetate could certainly be filed under "fiction".

I remember seeing and reading that article posted by cadillac but can't remember where I read it from. But I do remember thinking "file under fiction".

Oh, and that 1954 invoice proved to be a fake. I think it was Ger Rijff that discovered it was a fake.
she's well acquainted with a touch of the velvet hand, like a lizard on a window pane

Topic author
cadillac-elvis

Postby cadillac-elvis » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:27 pm

Mister Moon wrote:
cadillac-elvis wrote:So, what do you all think about this article written nearly 40 years ago.
the "my happiness" disc was discovered he states it exists, and in the same sentence, "as does a Sun tape of...."

I have been reading these types of articles for decades and watching as RCA has slowly been releasing this stuff.

Where is this from ?

It's from an old issue of "music world".

It gives me hope because if they knew about My happiness, then maybe they knew about "cold cold icey fingers".

I believe there are things in the hands of collectors because it seems many of these collectors are hoarders.

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:48 pm

cadillac-elvis wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:

Where is this from ?

It gives me hope because if they knew about My happiness, then maybe they knew about "cold cold icey fingers".

I believe there are things in the hands of collectors because it seems many of these collectors are hoarders.

"Uncle Pen" is a strong candidate, so to speak. Bill Monroe's influence on rockabilly music is so underrated.

510127.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
cadillac-elvis

Postby cadillac-elvis » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:58 pm

Mister Moon wrote:
cadillac-elvis wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:

Where is this from ?

"Uncle Pen" is a strong candidate, so to speak. Bill Monroe's influence on rockabilly music is so underrated.

510127.jpg

Yes, and a fan in that Hillybilly cat booklet claimed to have heard Elvis' version.

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:24 pm

Mister Moon wrote:...If the world was a fair place, we would have the answer to these mysteries, and the "A Boy From Tupelo" FTD set would have contained six CDs - and there would be no "Guadalajara" alternate takes.

That's odd.

My copy of A Boy From Tupelo doesn't have any outtakes of Guadalajara...
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:42 pm

Colin B wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:...If the world was a fair place, we would have the answer to these mysteries, and the "A Boy From Tupelo" FTD set would have contained six CDs - and there would be no "Guadalajara" alternate takes.

That's odd.

Ha, ha, ha. You should ask for a replacement disc then. Mine has two complete takes, one of them preceded by a short false start, in disc two, after the snippet of "Good Rockin' Tonight". The song was scheduled as the b-side of Sun 210, but they finally opted for "I Don't Care If The Sun Don't Shine". Sam's choices were usually spot on.

John

Postby John » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:51 am

Mister Moon wrote:
Colin B wrote:

That's odd.

Ha, ha, ha. You should ask for a replacement disc then. Mine has two complete takes, one of them preceded by a short false start, in disc two, after the snippet of "Good Rockin' Tonight". The song was scheduled as the b-side of Sun 210, but they finally opted for "I Don't Care If The Sun Don't Shine". Sam's choices were usually spot on.

Usually? Nah, he could have got the Hillbilly Cat onto a Latin kick instead of doing a Dino Crocetti cover of a song used in a lightweight movie produced by some bloke called Hal Wallis.

Tienes el alma de provinciana
Hueles a limpio, a rosa temprana
A verde jara fresca del rio
Son mil palomas tu caserio
Guadalajara, Guadalajara
Sabes a pura tierra mojada.....

Hard Rocker

Postby Hard Rocker » Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:18 am

Apologies as I haven't read the whole thread. Do you guys suspect there's much chance of an unreleased Sun track ever seeing the light of day?

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:00 am

John wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:
Colin B wrote:

That's odd.

Usually? Nah, he could have got the Hillbilly Cat onto a Latin kick instead of doing a Dino Crocetti cover of a song used in a lightweight movie produced by some bloke called Hal Wallis.

Tienes el alma de provinciana
Hueles a limpio, a rosa temprana
A verde jara fresca del rio
Son mil palomas tu caserio
Guadalajara, Guadalajara
Sabes a pura tierra mojada.....

Terrible stuff. :|

Mojo Filter

Postby Mojo Filter » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:45 am

cadillac-elvis wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:
cadillac-elvis wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:

Where is this from ?

510127.jpg

Yes, and a fan in that Hillybilly cat booklet claimed to have heard Elvis' version.

Don't believe everything you read. It's so easy to print things. That Hillbilly Cat booklet is other one to claim to have heard this and that without any solid evidence.

I believe it when I hear it. If something turns up all well and good. In meantime just enjoy what we have so far.
she's well acquainted with a touch of the velvet hand, like a lizard on a window pane

Mojo Filter

Postby Mojo Filter » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:51 am

Mister Moon wrote:
Colin B wrote:

That's odd.

In this case Sam was wrong. ;) Did yours come with a glitch? I ask because mine didn't but heard others did. Apparently, there's a glitch just before he goes into "Guadalajara".

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:58 am

Hard Rocker wrote:Apologies as I haven't read the whole thread.
Do you guys suspect there's much chance of an unreleased Sun track ever seeing the light of day?

We live in hope, but the chances are slim...
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:10 am

Mojo Filter wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:
Colin B wrote:

That's odd.

In this case Sam was wrong. ;) Did yours come with a glitch? I ask because mine didn't but heard others did. Apparently, there's a glitch just before he goes into "Guadalajara".

I haven't noticed, to be honest. I will check it out later... :)

colonel snow

Postby colonel snow » Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:06 pm

deleted due to doubts about the information

colonel snow
Last edited by colonel snow on Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

John

Postby John » Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:08 pm

colonel snow wrote:Just read somewhere:
In the middle of the sixties Pyramid records in UK announced in advertisements in music magazines the release of a single:
Uncle Penn b/w I forgot to remember to forget.

My comment:
It's vague without mentioning the name of the magazine - year of release - Uncle PenN is misspelled. It's Uncle Pen.
In this way the rumours about Uncle Pen started.

colonel snow

Yes, I remember that.

Return to “Everything Elvis”