The Most likely Unreleased Sun tune to be issued is.....

All the Elvis you can take

John

Re: The Most likely Unreleased Sun tune to be issued is.....

Postby John » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:04 am

reg wrote:
John wrote:I believe most people know and accept that Ernst makes mistakes, also that he holds material back, possibly for commercial reasons. I think everyone has said their piece. Shall we move on...please?

Aint one legit example of him holding back material in this topic man, why are you writing that. And why does this cadillac guy get to go around making trouble, at least two members here are getting treated rudely.

As I said, shall we move on?

Topic author
cadillac-elvis

Postby cadillac-elvis » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:19 pm

reg wrote:
John wrote:I believe most people know and accept that Ernst makes mistakes, also that he holds material back, possibly for commercial reasons. I think everyone has said their piece. Shall we move on...please?

Aint one legit example of him holding back material in this topic man, why are you writing that. And why does this cadillac guy get to go around making trouble, at least two members here are getting treated rudely.

Stating facts and backing them up with examples is not "making trouble".
It is done for commercial reasons, as John pointed out.

Mojo Filter

Postby Mojo Filter » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:42 pm

cadillac-elvis wrote:
reg wrote:

What is the problem with holding material back for commercial reasons? It eventually gets released doesn't it? So I don't see the problem.

It seems to me that your impatient and want it "now".
she's well acquainted with a touch of the velvet hand, like a lizard on a window pane

John

Postby John » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:58 pm

Mojo Filter wrote:
cadillac-elvis wrote:
reg wrote:

What is the problem with holding material back for commercial reasons? It eventually gets released doesn't it? So I don't see the problem.

Some people are patient, some are not. It may not be realistic, but you can't blame people for wanting these things as soon as possible.

Mojo Filter

Postby Mojo Filter » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:06 pm

John wrote:
Mojo Filter wrote:
cadillac-elvis wrote:
reg wrote:

Some people are patient, some are not. It may not be realistic, but you can't blame people for wanting these things as soon as possible.

At the end of the day it's not gonna change how a record company operates. Banging on about it page after page is just pointless, you're just working yourself up more.
she's well acquainted with a touch of the velvet hand, like a lizard on a window pane

John

Postby John » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:08 pm

Mojo Filter wrote:
John wrote:
Mojo Filter wrote:
cadillac-elvis wrote:
reg wrote:

At the end of the day it's not gonna change how a record company operates. Banging on about it page after page is just pointless, you're just working yourself up more.

I'm not banging on about it. I don't care either way. There are more important things to worry about. It's many, many years since I cared when an Elvis release was going to come out.

Mojo Filter

Postby Mojo Filter » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:24 pm

John wrote:
Mojo Filter wrote:
John wrote:
Mojo Filter wrote:
cadillac-elvis wrote:
reg wrote:

I'm not banging on about it. I don't care either way. There are more important things to worry about. It's many, many years since I cared when an Elvis release was going to come out.

Actually, i wasn't referring to you about going on about it. I actually don't care, too, about a lot of Elvis Releases. I'm still interested, whenever they turn up which is rare, on 50s related projects from either FTD etc. But anything else like, boring soundboard 70s concerts and endless outtakes of movie songs, forget it.

Topic author
cadillac-elvis

Postby cadillac-elvis » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:25 pm

Mojo Filter wrote:
cadillac-elvis wrote:
reg wrote:

So, how many years of waiting must it take place before I go from patient to impatient?

Some of this stuff is 60 years and more and collecting dust. Isn't that a bit too long?

colonel snow

Postby colonel snow » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:40 pm

Deleted due to doubts about the information.

colonel snow
Last edited by colonel snow on Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

John

Postby John » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:57 pm

cadillac-elvis wrote:
Mojo Filter wrote:
cadillac-elvis wrote:
reg wrote:

So, how many years of waiting must it take place before I go from patient to impatient?

Some of this stuff is 60 years and more and collecting dust. Isn't that a bit too long?

When I was young, I couldn't wait for each release, and each undiscovered gem. Even 20 years ago it was great to get some of the material we got. Now, I know I won't be lying on my death bed regretting not having heard Tennessee Saturday Night. It would have been nice, but in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter.

It's not a priority.

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:17 pm

John wrote:
cadillac-elvis wrote:
Mojo Filter wrote:
cadillac-elvis wrote:
reg wrote:

When I was young, I couldn't wait for each release, and each undiscovered gem. Even 20 years ago it was great to get some of the material we got. Now, I know I won't be lying on my death bed regretting not having heard Tennessee Saturday Night. It would have been nice, but in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter.

It's not a priority.

I agree. I'm younger than you, and I have already started to relativize things. I try to enjoy what I have, but I don't need to have everything. There's so much cool music to get, I could live 950 years and I still would be lacking something.

A good meal at a restaurant in good company beats any CD or LP. Even one by Ral Donner.

Mojo Filter

Postby Mojo Filter » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:30 pm

Mister Moon wrote:
John wrote:
cadillac-elvis wrote:
Mojo Filter wrote:
cadillac-elvis wrote:
reg wrote:

It's not a priority.

I agree. I'm younger than you, and I have already started to relativize things. I try to enjoy what I have, but I don't need to have everything. There's so much cool music to get, I could live 950 years and I still would be lacking something.

A good meal at a restaurant in good company beats any CD or LP. Even one by Ral Donner.

A good meal in good company....now you're talking.

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:37 pm

colonel snow wrote:For the older fans it's a race against time to get it.
But don't worry there's not much left "in the can" except soundboards from 1975-1977.

I guess I come in that category.

I'm waiting for:

All the 'missing' Sun stuff.

The Pied Piper footage.

The 50s TV stuff complete & in pristine quality.

The two screen tests fom 26th March, 1956.

All the On Tour footage, complete & in pristine quality.

All the That's the Way it is stuff complete & in pristine quality.

But the clock is ticking...
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:44 pm

I know a guy who is now 63, and a big rock music fan. He is one of the biggest experts worldwide on Lou Reed and Bruce Springsteen, and has literally thousands of LPs and CDs, and has attended tons of shows all over the world. He even saw, by total accident, an improvised John Lee Hooker performance at Central Park in New York in the early 90s.

He often wears a t-shirt that reads, "I may be old, but I've seen all the cool bands".

John

Postby John » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:24 pm

Mister Moon wrote:I know a guy who is now 63, and a big rock music fan. He is one of the biggest experts worldwide on Lou Reed and Bruce Springsteen, and has literally thousands of LPs and CDs, and has attended tons of shows all over the world. He even saw, by total accident, an improvised John Lee Hooker performance at Central Park in New York in the early 90s.

He often wears a t-shirt that reads, "I may be old, but I've seen all the cool bands".

I am old, and I have had many adventurous times. "To all the girls I've loved before" comes to mind. The thrill of their love would beat the finding of Tiger Man or Tennessee Saturday Night any day of the week. We made far better music than any band, or performer.

Return to “Everything Elvis”