When The Beatles Met Elvis

All the Elvis you can take

Hard Rocker

Re: When The Beatles Met Elvis

Postby Hard Rocker » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:48 pm

Mojo Filter wrote:You sound angry. Keep calm.

Not at all, mate. Just having a laugh while making a point. "I Saw Her Standing There" is very evidently a rip-off from Chuck. The critics said it... the fans said it.... McCartney ADMITTED it... we can ALL hear it..... but we're supposed to accept your say so? Er, no thanks.

More evidence. The Fabs played it at the Star Club, Hamburg. Could that have been the inspiration for the rip-off?!!
Absolutely!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH1HR9YLtKY

Mojo Filter

Postby Mojo Filter » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:52 pm

John wrote:
Mojo Filter wrote:
Hard Rocker wrote:
Mojo Filter wrote:
Hard Rocker wrote:Keep talkin' out of your arse!

I stay clear of that kind of thing.

You're bloody multi-lingual! :lol:

You sound angry. Keep calm.

You can't sound anything from the written word. You as the reader can perceive anger, but it's your interpretation. You can see his humour. The word "bloody" does not denote anger.

I agree. But you can't say for certain that it's not anger though on a messageboard, just saying. But even as humour I don't see how I'm "muti - lingual" in this conversation just because I disagree with someone. Do you?
Last edited by Mojo Filter on Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
she's well acquainted with a touch of the velvet hand, like a lizard on a window pane

Hard Rocker

Postby Hard Rocker » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:55 pm

Well, in fairness, you're the guy who brought "taking out of his arse" into it, in reference to McCartney. Very evidently he wasn't, so by way of some humour, I used your own rational and fired it back at you by claiming you're not only talking out of your arse, but that your also multi-lingual. That's piss-taking humour, mate.

Does everything need to be broken down and explained for you?

Hard Rocker

Postby Hard Rocker » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:01 pm

Mojo Filter wrote:I agree. But you can't say for certain that it's not anger though on a messageboard, just saying.

I can say for certain as I'm the guy who said it. It wasn't said in anger. You misinterpreted it. A continuing theme, apparently.

Mojo Filter

Postby Mojo Filter » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:05 pm

Hard Rocker wrote:Well, in fairness, you're the guy who brought "taking out of his arse" into it, in reference to McCartney.
and I still believe that even though you've tried your hardest to convince me and I still don't go along with it.

Very evidently he wasn't, so by way of some humour, I used your own rational and fired it back at you by claiming you're not only talking out of your arse, but that your also multi-lingual. That's piss-taking humour, mate.
only because you're the one who wants to be right, so here you are taking the piss out of my opinion and accusing me of talking out of my arse, and, saying I have no notion about musicianship. That's ok by me I don't mind being taken the piss out of because I know what I'm saying is true. I'm not bothered just giving my view on it from a musicians point of view.You're opinion is not the only one.
Does everything need to be broken down and explained for you?
Nothing needs to be broken down for me. Just except people have opposing views.

Last edited by Mojo Filter on Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
she's well acquainted with a touch of the velvet hand, like a lizard on a window pane

Mojo Filter

Postby Mojo Filter » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:07 pm

Hard Rocker wrote:
Mojo Filter wrote:I agree. But you can't say for certain that it's not anger though on a messageboard, just saying.

I can say for certain as I'm the guy who said it. It wasn't said in anger. You misinterpreted it. A continuing theme, apparently.

You would say that wouldn't you :lol: .... joking! ;)

Hard Rocker

Postby Hard Rocker » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:14 pm

Yeah, but your joke wasn't particularly witty or funny and offers no insight. Just a poor attempt at a comeback.

Anyway, if the video evidence, the fans, the critics, and indeed Paul McCartney can't convince you, then I'll hardly be able to it.

But no worries, you've plenty of form so it's no great revelation.

John

Postby John » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:25 pm

Mojo Filter wrote:
John wrote:
Mojo Filter wrote:
Hard Rocker wrote:
Mojo Filter wrote:
Hard Rocker wrote:Keep talkin' out of your arse!

I stay clear of that kind of thing.

You're bloody multi-lingual! :lol:

You sound angry. Keep calm.

You can't sound anything from the written word. You as the reader can perceive anger, but it's your interpretation. You can see his humour. The word "bloody" does not denote anger.

I agree. But you can't say for certain that it's not anger though on a messageboard, just saying. But even as humour I don't see how I'm "muti - lingual" in this conversation just because I disagree with someone. Do you?

I can see the humour of his remarks.

Mojo Filter

Postby Mojo Filter » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:34 pm

Hard Rocker wrote:Yeah, but your joke wasn't particularly witty or funny and offers no insight. Just a poor attempt at a comeback.

Anyway, if the video evidence, the fans, the critics, and indeed Paul McCartney can't convince you, then I'll hardly be able to it.

I don't go along with everything critics, fans, etc say. I'm capable of making up my own mind and believing in what I believe if people disagree with it so be it. But I try my hardest to explain my side of things. Nothing wrong with that.

For example: fans and critics think that the guitar riff from Junior Parker's "Love My Baby" is stolen by Scotty for Elvis' version of "Mystery Train" but I don't agree with it. Even if someone posted video etc still wouldn't convince me.

John

Postby John » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:03 pm

Mojo Filter wrote:
Hard Rocker wrote:Yeah, but your joke wasn't particularly witty or funny and offers no insight. Just a poor attempt at a comeback.

I don't go along with everything critics, fans, etc say. I'm capable of making up my own mind and believing in what I believe if people disagree with it so be it. But I try my hardest to explain my side of things. Nothing wrong with that.

For example: fans and critics think that the guitar riff from Junior Parker's "Love My Baby" is stolen by Scotty for Elvis' version of "Mystery Train" but I don't agree with it. Even if someone posted video etc still wouldn't convince me.

That says it all really. You just stick to your opinions and forget about any evidence to the contrary.

Mojo Filter

Postby Mojo Filter » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:26 pm

John wrote:
Mojo Filter wrote:

That says it all really. You just stick to your opinions and forget about any evidence to the contrary.

For the record: i don't forget about any evidence I listen and hear out what others have to say but I don't necessarily agree with it, certainly not in all cases - some I agree with others I don't.

STEVE MORSE

Postby STEVE MORSE » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:48 pm

Call me thick (or deaf) but I hear no melodic similarity, and no obvious rhythmic similarity, between I Saw Her Standing There and I'm Talking About You.

I know nothing about guitar chords, only a piano keyboard. On the latter, and presumably on 'all' musical instruments, you can play any song in any key. The intervals (tones/semitones) remain the same - in other words, transposition.

Maybe I'm just missing the basic thread of recent postings (prior to all the disagreements).

Mojo Filter

Postby Mojo Filter » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:58 pm

STEVE MORSE wrote:Call me thick (or deaf) but I hear no melodic similarity, and no obvious rhythmic similarity, between I Saw Her Standing There and I'm Talking About You.
That's because there's no similarity. So you're not thick or deaf.
I know nothing about guitar chords, only a piano keyboard. On the latter, and presumably on 'all' musical instruments, you can play any song in any key. The intervals (tones/semitones) remain the same - in other words, transposition.
Indeed. As I explained earlier in a post you can play a song in a different keys if it's the same song. But not when two different songs that are completely different in melody and structure as are the two songs you've mentioned here. You can't take the part of a bass, guitar, piano from one song and put it in a completely different song because it wouldn't fit.

Maybe I'm just missing the basic thread of recent postings (prior to all the disagreements).

Hard Rocker

Postby Hard Rocker » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:17 pm

STEVE MORSE wrote:Call me thick (or deaf) but I hear no melodic similarity, and no obvious rhythmic similarity, between I Saw Her Standing There and I'm Talking About You.

I respect your opinon Steve but you surprise me greatly here.

When the critics say it, the fans say it, McCartney admits to it, and you can hear it yourself, I'm amazed that anyone would ever think anything else.

McCartney's was covering I'm Talking About You in Hamburg in 62, then records ISHST within the year.... and later admits that he lifted it.
Are you seriously saying you cannot hear the similarity here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH1HR9YLtKY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dg4n-o7oa9s

Topic author
TonyS
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby TonyS » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:41 pm

WELL !
Watching and hearing Scotty play the DBC intro their certainly fits and sounds like TBOJAY to me !
That's the side of the fence I'm on.
Thanks guys.

Return to “Everything Elvis”