Armed Forces Radio & Television acetate transfer of the July 2, 1955 Louisiana Hayride show

All the Elvis you can take

Richard

Re: Armed Forces Radio & Television acetate transfer of the July 2, 1955 Louisiana Hayride show

Postby Richard » Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:26 pm

John wrote:
Richard wrote:Seems like it's this guy here, who's behind all this.

https://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/ ... p?t=111885

I don't know what to make of him, he posts loads of poor quality 'unseen' photos on FECC, plasters them with watermarks, and then it turns out that most of them are available elsewhere in better quality.

Yes, that's him. His full name is on FB and Gregg is a shortened version of his first name. He said he's a member here too. There are a couple of Greggs.

Well...

FB_IMG_1668355385356.jpg

If he found that himself, and didn't take it from elsewhere - he's done pretty well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
John

Re: Armed Forces Radio & Television acetate transfer of the July 2, 1955 Louisiana Hayride show

Postby John » Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:29 pm

Richard wrote:
John wrote:

I don't know what to make of him, he posts loads of poor quality 'unseen' photos on FECC, plasters them with watermarks, and then it turns out that most of them are available elsewhere in better quality.

Yes, that's him. His full name is on FB and Gregg is a shortened version of his first name. He said he's a member here too. There are a couple of Greggs.

Well...

FB_IMG_1668355385356.jpg

If he found that himself, and didn't take it from elsewhere - he's done pretty well.

and finally. I had a feeling this was going to turn up. It was alluded to by one of Roy's sons.

Richard

Postby Richard » Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:46 pm

John wrote:
Richard wrote:
John wrote:

Well...

FB_IMG_1668355385356.jpg

and finally. I had a feeling this was going to turn up. It was alluded to by one of Roy's sons.

It's been talked about for years, and James Roy (who manages the Scotty Moore site) either owned the original or a copy. I wonder if he knows it's leaked?

I'm kind of sad that it's out there. I liked the mystery, and now it's tomorrows fish and chip paper. As it were.

Topic author
John

Postby John » Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:52 pm

Richard wrote:
John wrote:
Richard wrote:
John wrote:

Well...

FB_IMG_1668355385356.jpg

It's been talked about for years, and James Roy (who manages the Scotty Moore site) either owned the original or a copy. I wonder if he knows it's leaked?

I'm kind of sad that it's out there. I liked the mystery, and now it's tomorrows fish and chip paper. As it were.

I'm pretty sure one of Roy's sons said they had it and it was being saved for a book. I don't think it's tomorrow's fish and chip paper. It's too important.

I've been talking to Gregg and he says he's also onto something else which is being dealt with at the moment. It could be pretty impressive if it comes off.

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:04 pm

Neat photo. Thank you.

However, this is clearly 1957, and the rumoured photo of Elvis and Roy was from late 1955, if I'm not mistaken. I believe it was explained in James' website, but I can't find the page.

HillbillyCat

Postby HillbillyCat » Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:29 pm

John wrote:
Richard wrote:
John wrote:
Richard wrote:
John wrote:

Well...

FB_IMG_1668355385356.jpg

I'm pretty sure one of Roy's sons said they had it and it was being saved for a book. I don't think it's tomorrow's fish and chip paper. It's too important.

I've been talking to Gregg and he says he's also onto something else which is being dealt with at the moment. It could be pretty impressive if it comes off.

It is definitely historically important! At first sight I guess it's from 1957 - this medallion looks very familiar to me. And then it's such a cool private photo where the two of them are fooling around like best buddies instead of just posing stiffly for the camera! I'm anything but sad that it's "out there" now. But on the other side, one can only hope that this Orbison family book project is close to publication and that the fuss this involuntary disclosure could cause in the media will have a positive impact on sales.

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:10 pm

Had a go at 'repairing' the damage on that photo, posted by Private Presley on 9th November, but there's too much wrong that falls beyond the capabilities of my software !
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

cadillac-elvis

Postby cadillac-elvis » Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:18 am

HillbillyCat wrote:
John wrote:
Richard wrote:
John wrote:
Richard wrote:
John wrote:

Well...

FB_IMG_1668355385356.jpg

It is definitely historically important! At first sight I guess it's from 1957 - this medallion looks very familiar to me. And then it's such a cool private photo where the two of them are fooling around like best buddies instead of just posing stiffly for the camera! I'm anything but sad that it's "out there" now. But on the other side, one can only hope that this Orbison family book project is close to publication and that the fuss this involuntary disclosure could cause in the media will have a positive impact on sales.

Isn't that the same medallion as in this picture live in Canada in 1957? Looks like it.

If they found this picture then maybe the Roy Orbison show footage is next?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sitdown revamped

Postby sitdown revamped » Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:46 pm

well, would be worth asking the guy whether he has the Tiger Man tape from Sun and the live versions of Rock Around The Clock, Only You and Fools Hall of Fame... ;-) Sorry, could not resist.

Topic author
John

Postby John » Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:58 pm

sitdown revamped wrote:well, would be worth asking the guy whether he has the Tiger Man tape from Sun and the live versions of Rock Around The Clock, Only You and Fools Hall of Fame... ;-) Sorry, could not resist.

He has informed Ernst of a tape which has Elvis being interviewed on KOSY, and then duetting with someone on Peace In The Valley. The Browns were also there and there are photos of them.

I think KOSY is the station where the Southern Maid Donuts commercial was broadcast as part of a Louisiana Hayride show in November 1954.

Richard

Postby Richard » Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:50 pm

John wrote:
sitdown revamped wrote:well, would be worth asking the guy whether he has the Tiger Man tape from Sun and the live versions of Rock Around The Clock, Only You and Fools Hall of Fame... ;-) Sorry, could not resist.

He has informed Ernst of a tape which has Elvis being interviewed on KOSY, and then duetting with someone on Peace In The Valley. The Browns were also there and there are photos of them.

I think KOSY is the station where the Southern Maid Donuts commercial was broadcast as part of a Louisiana Hayride show in November 1954.

What I've read is that he's been in touch with someone who claims to have the tape. The last time he mentioned it he hadn't heard it himself, and also the woman who claims to have it wasn't exactly tripping over herself to get into negotiations.

Things change, he might know more now and have been told to say nothing.

The other question is, is he the person who posted the photo originally on Facebook? And if so, where did he get it? He normally plasters watermarks over everything, and yet the first time he has something where he'd have a good excuse to do it - he hasn't.

Very odd.

Topic author
John

Postby John » Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:28 pm

Richard wrote:
John wrote:

What I've read is that he's been in touch with someone who claims to have the tape. The last time he mentioned it he hadn't heard it himself,
That's what he told me.

and also the woman who claims to have it wasn't exactly tripping over herself to get into negotiations.
That I don't know about.

Things change, he might know more now and have been told to say nothing.

The other question is, is he the person who posted the photo originally on Facebook? And if so, where did he get it? He normally plasters watermarks over everything, and yet the first time he has something where he'd have a good excuse to do it - he hasn't.
I don't think it was him that posted it on FB.

Very odd.

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:36 pm

I have the feeling this photo has leaked much in the same way the 1955 wire recording leaked ten years ago.

What will we have in 2032 ?

Topic author
John

Postby John » Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:31 pm

Mister Moon wrote:I have the feeling this photo has leaked much in the same way the 1955 wire recording leaked ten years ago.

Do you mean by someone who didn't know what they had?

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:04 pm

John wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:I have the feeling this photo has leaked much in the same way the 1955 wire recording leaked ten years ago.

Do you mean by someone who didn't know what they had?

Yes, something like that. There have been rumours for years about existing images of Elvis and Roy together, and it's become a desirable subject in the end to many Elvis fans who are also Roy fans. A photo like that could have been an important selling point in some book, etc., but now it's all over the place for free. It surprising, to say the least.

Return to “Everything Elvis”