Armed Forces Radio & Television acetate transfer of the July 2, 1955 Louisiana Hayride show

All the Elvis you can take

skabillyrebels

Re: Armed Forces Radio & Television acetate transfer of the July 2, 1955 Louisiana Hayride show

Postby skabillyrebels » Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:10 pm

Hi John,
Has the guy offered any sound samples?
"Don't tell me to play it. I will when I get ready. Do you understand me?"

Topic author
John

Re: Armed Forces Radio & Television acetate transfer of the July 2, 1955 Louisiana Hayride show

Postby John » Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:05 pm

skabillyrebels wrote:Hi John,
Has the guy offered any sound samples?

8 seconds.
Sample.mp3
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

skabillyrebels

Postby skabillyrebels » Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:28 pm

Thank you, John,
I personally wouldn't give him 50p for it. The sound is bad even for an mp3 sample.
Cheers,
"Don't tell me to play it. I will when I get ready. Do you understand me?"

Sunguy

Postby Sunguy » Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:56 pm

I could see this being packaged as a $10-$20 cd and possibly having some idiots like me buy it. But his price at €100 is still out of range for what you’d receive.
The fact we have this readily available in a much cleaner version definitely detracts from his sale. The soundbite is MP3, what format is the actual copy in, because it loses quality dependent on the digital format. I understand he was given this recording under the condition he didn’t sell it, apparently money is better than trust in his case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jupiter

Postby Jupiter » Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:33 pm

Private Presley wrote:
John wrote:He also sent me this brief snip of a photo of Elvis and Faron Young. Have we had this pic on here?
6587169D-5FC7-46B6-B4D5-9794AC4CA238.png

We have now

6F13F00A-C928-43C3-B404-8CB5AA888025.jpeg

The picture was taken in the parking lot of Homer Hesterly Armory in Tampa, Florida - May 8, 1955

Jupiter

Topic author
John

Postby John » Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:47 pm

skabillyrebels wrote:Thank you, John,
I personally wouldn't give him 50p for it. The sound is bad even for an mp3 sample.
Cheers,

I'm not even thinking about it.

We spoke today. He says that he has been in touch with a lady who has a tape of her mother singing a Peace In The Valley duet with Elvis on radio KOSY, and there's also an interview.

Ernst has been made aware and is following it up.

Isn't KOSY where he did the Southern Donuts advert?

Topic author
John

Postby John » Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:54 pm

Sunguy wrote:I could see this being packaged as a $10-$20 cd and possibly having some idiots like me buy it. But his price at €100 is still out of range for what you’d receive.
The fact we have this readily available in a much cleaner version definitely detracts from his sale. The soundbite is MP3, what format is the actual copy in, because it loses quality dependent on the digital format. I understand he was given this recording under the condition he didn’t sell it, apparently money is better than trust in his case.

Thanks Sunguy. Please can you tell us why you may believe you're an idiot? I do not believe this for a second.

His price of €100 was a special to me. The price on Facebook was €200. I don't know if the complete file he has is an mp3. He says it's a direct recording from the acetate. Nevertheless, it's the complete 25 minute show, so you would be getting all the other artists that appeared. Bargain!

You obviously know something about this person and how he obtained the recording.

Sunguy

Postby Sunguy » Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:19 pm

Well I use the term idiot because I tend to buy some oddities at times. Also I buy multiples of the same thing.
I have a few contacts around the traps who know things I don’t and I share what I do know with them in return for their knowledge. That is how I know a little about this item. I first saw it a day or two ago in a FB group and he has since deleted the posting there, I assume because I asked too many questions.

Even at €100 I think this is a high price. The original acetate I could see bringing decent money if sold in the right place, I’m not sure FB groups are that place, but he has our attention, so maybe I’m wrong.
I am interested in this and curious about the other performances because I like those type things. But I would be more interested in an acetate version or a vinyl copy of it than a digital copy. My only CD players currently are an old disc man (not MP3) from the 80’s and my DVD player.

Sun is obviously my favorite era and although I have a good knowledge of it I know there is more to know.

Sunguy

Postby Sunguy » Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:20 pm

Also I am a bit of a completist and it takes a little idiocy for that to take place. Listening hard to the worst recordings ever. Lol

Topic author
John

Postby John » Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:29 pm

Sunguy wrote:Well I use the term idiot because I tend to buy some oddities at times. Also I buy multiples of the same thing.
I have a few contacts around the traps who know things I don’t and I share what I do know with them in return for their knowledge. That is how I know a little about this item. I first saw it a day or two ago in a FB group and he has since deleted the posting there, I assume because I asked too many questions.

Even at €100 I think this is a high price. The original acetate I could see bringing decent money if sold in the right place, I’m not sure FB groups are that place, but he has our attention, so maybe I’m wrong.
I am interested in this and curious about the other performances because I like those type things. But I would be more interested in an acetate version or a vinyl copy of it than a digital copy. My only CD players currently are an old disc man (not MP3) from the 80’s and my DVD player.

Sun is obviously my favorite era and although I have a good knowledge of it I know there is more to know.

Ah yes, you probably saw it on the the same FB group I saw it, at €200. I agree €100 is too much to pay, even if it had been on a CD. However, a digital file? Forget it.

Sunguy

Postby Sunguy » Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:40 pm

I actually first saw it at €500 for the digital file.

Richard

Postby Richard » Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:57 pm

Seems like it's this guy here, who's behind all this.

https://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/ ... p?t=111885

I don't know what to make of him, he posts loads of poor quality 'unseen' photos on FECC, plasters them with watermarks, and then it turns out that most of them are available elsewhere in better quality.

Sunguy

Postby Sunguy » Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:11 pm

Perhaps it’s how it makes him feel important?

Topic author
John

Postby John » Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:19 pm

Richard wrote:Seems like it's this guy here, who's behind all this.

https://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/ ... p?t=111885

I don't know what to make of him, he posts loads of poor quality 'unseen' photos on FECC, plasters them with watermarks, and then it turns out that most of them are available elsewhere in better quality.

Yes, that's him. His full name is on FB and Gregg is a shortened version of his first name. He said he's a member here too. There are a couple of Greggs.

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:32 pm

John wrote:He says that he has been in touch with a lady who has a tape of her mother singing a Peace In The Valley duet with Elvis on radio KOSY, and there's also an interview.

Ernst has been made aware and is following it up.

Hmmm. I can see another reissue of ABFT looming on the horizon. This time, they will remove the Bob Neal interview to make room for this.

Return to “Everything Elvis”