Priscilla (Sofia Coppola film)

All the Elvis you can take

Richard

Re: Priscilla (Sofia Coppola film)

Postby Richard » Thu Dec 28, 2023 1:31 pm

Colin B wrote:
John wrote:Families, eh?

We get to pick our friends, but 'families' come with the territory...

You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose. But you can't pick your friend's nose.

As a wise man once said.

AndresVanKujik

Postby AndresVanKujik » Thu Dec 28, 2023 2:30 pm

scottwalker wrote:
AndresVanKujik wrote:I won't join in the debate about the films content as I haven't seen it and have absolutely no intention to. I find Priscilla to be an annoying footnote in the Elvis story. My personal opinion is that she has exploited him more than anybody. Let's not forget she was his EX wife at the time he died. She was no longer a Presley. Her behaviour toward her grandchildren in recent times has been disgusting.

You are the umpteenth person who uses the film to express your own opinion about Priscilla in general. Which has nothing to do with the film itself. So.......your comment adds zero comma zero.

Let it be clear that I am not at all in favor of how Priscilla acted after Elvis' death, other than just opening up Graceland. The hassle with grandchildren, etc.

I largely believe what happened in the marriage between Elvis and Priscilla and also before that (1959 - 1966), which was made into a film by Coppola. And that's the point. The film. The relationship between Elvis and Priscilla. It was actually already known that Elvis had his whims.

You yourself say that you have not seen the film... why this comment? But of course, just vent about something that is not relevant.
"Man, I just work here..."

AndresVanKujik

Postby AndresVanKujik » Thu Dec 28, 2023 2:31 pm

I make the comment because...
A) people are allowed to have opinions different to yours.
B) I want to.
C) This film is completely irrelevant as the subject matter is completely irrelevant so I might as well add to the farce.

scottwalker

Postby scottwalker » Thu Dec 28, 2023 4:29 pm

AndresVanKujik wrote:I make the comment because...
B) I want to.
C) This film is completely irrelevant as the subject matter is completely irrelevant so I might as well add to the farce.

Why is the film irrelevant? Just because you don't like Priscilla? That’s irrelevant.

You’re just completely missing the point.

AndresVanKujik

Postby AndresVanKujik » Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:37 pm

scottwalker wrote:
B) I want to.

Why is the film irrelevant? Just because you don't like Priscilla? That’s irrelevant.

Not at all, the film is irrelevant as it is about so body unimportant in the Elvis story. Why not make the Charlie hodge or Joe esposito biography? Same thing.

John

Postby John » Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:36 pm

AndresVanKujik wrote:
scottwalker wrote:
B) I want to.

Not at all, the film is irrelevant as it is about so body unimportant in the Elvis story. Why not make the Charlie hodge or Joe esposito biography? Same thing.

I don't believe Charlie or Joe were married to Elvis, or had his baby, so it's not the same thing at all.

I don't give two hoots about this film, and I don't see why it was made, but nevertheless, some people will be interested in it.

AndresVanKujik

Postby AndresVanKujik » Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:06 am

John wrote:
AndresVanKujik wrote:
scottwalker wrote:
B) I want to.

I don't believe Charlie or Joe were married to Elvis, or had his baby, so it's not the same thing at all.

I don't give two hoots about this film, and I don't see why it was made, but nevertheless, some people will be interested in it.

They didn't leave him either...

Topic author
Nigel77

Postby Nigel77 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:01 am

B) I want to.

I wholeheartedly agree with your first two points, but as for the third, how is Priscilla Presley's story irrelevant to the Elvis story? I think anyone that Elvis brought from Germany to live at Graceland, marry, have his daughter, and post his death become integrally involved in the re-establishment and growth of EPE/Graceland, is more than relevant to Elvis' story.

scottwalker

Postby scottwalker » Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:51 am

AndresVanKujik wrote:
scottwalker wrote:
B) I want to.

What you're saying now proves that you really don't understand it. At all. Your agenda-driven hatred of Priscilla is actually a bit pathetic. But luckily there are still people who understand it. You're not one of them.

John

Postby John » Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:17 am

AndresVanKujik wrote:
John wrote:
AndresVanKujik wrote:
scottwalker wrote:
B) I want to.

They didn't leave him either...

That's about the dumbest response I've seen this year.

martin018

Postby martin018 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:36 am

Review in the UK daily mail this morning.
2 stars out of 5.
Slates the director and most of the film as unrealistic.

scottwalker

Postby scottwalker » Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:42 am

martin018 wrote:Review in the UK daily mail this morning.
2 stars out of 5.
Slates the director and most of the film as unrealistic.

Luckily Baz' film didn't have errors.

Return to “Everything Elvis”