Out of all the Elvis Presley songs, what are ALL the ones that are considered popular and known to the general public?

All the Elvis you can take

HillbillyCat

Re: Out of all the Elvis Presley songs, what are ALL the ones that are considered popular and known to the general publi

Postby HillbillyCat » Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:38 pm

Mister Moon wrote:
HillbillyCat wrote:A few days ago I purchased the book "Elvis: A Musical Inventory 1939 - 1955" by Richard Boussiron. I haven't read it yet, but I've had a quick browse and it contains tons of songs possibly sung by Elvis up to 1955.

I don't have this book, but my understanding is that most of the information it contains is unsourced, to put it mildly.

Please let us know your thoughts when you get around to read it.

Ok I did read it this weekend - although there is not much to read, it consists largely of listings. To make a long story short: In my opinion, the author forfeits all credibility by mixing proven facts with rumors, hearsay and (most likely) fabrications. The book, which is now almost 20 years old, also contains many errors - probably not just from today's perspective. The book seems to be only suitable for research purposes on the topic of "One Too Many Rumors"...

Mister Moon

Re: Out of all the Elvis Presley songs, what are ALL the ones that are considered popular and known to the general publi

Postby Mister Moon » Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:52 pm

HillbillyCat wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:
HillbillyCat wrote:A few days ago I purchased the book "Elvis: A Musical Inventory 1939 - 1955" by Richard Boussiron. I haven't read it yet, but I've had a quick browse and it contains tons of songs possibly sung by Elvis up to 1955.

I don't have this book, but my understanding is that most of the information it contains is unsourced, to put it mildly.

Please let us know your thoughts when you get around to read it.

Ok I did read it this weekend - although there is not much to read, it consists largely of listings. To make a long story short: In my opinion, the author forfeits all credibility by mixing proven facts with rumors, hearsay and (most likely) fabrications. The book, which is now almost 20 years old, also contains many errors - probably not just from today's perspective. The book seems to be only suitable for research purposes on the topic of "One Too Many Rumors"...

Thanks for posting your thoughts, HC. I appreciate it !

Return to “Everything Elvis”