An Evening With Ginger Alden

All the Elvis you can take

Rickeap

Re: An Evening With Ginger Alden

Postby Rickeap » Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:31 pm

I'll be back in the UK for a few days in early May, but no Ginger on my itinerary

The Baystar dude

Postby The Baystar dude » Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:56 am

Another ex who want to rewrite history. She was his ‘last’ girlfriend, but that’s basically it. She’s pretty good at blaming members of Elvis entourage, who are no longer among us and can’t defend themselves. Real classy…

The Baystar dude

Nolan Truth

Postby Nolan Truth » Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:04 am

The Baystar dude wrote:Another ex who want to rewrite history. She was his ‘last’ girlfriend, but that’s basically it. She’s pretty good at blaming members of Elvis entourage, who are no longer among us and can’t defend themselves. Real classy…

The Baystar dude

Agreed, in a word that family are toxic.
Nolan is here, with the truth!

N880EAP

Postby N880EAP » Wed May 08, 2024 3:54 am

The Baystar dude wrote:Another ex who want to rewrite history. She was his ‘last’ girlfriend, but that’s basically it. She’s pretty good at blaming members of Elvis entourage, who are no longer among us and can’t defend themselves. Real classy…

The Baystar dude

To be factual, she was actually "one of" his "last girlfriends". Alicia Kerwin was in line, interacting, and the stage already being set for her to most likely replace Ginger at some point. This was pretty much EP's way of doing things.

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Wed May 08, 2024 9:42 am

N880EAP wrote:To be factual, she was actually "one of" his "last girlfriends". Alicia Kerwin was in line, interacting, and the stage already being set for her to most likely replace Ginger at some point. This was pretty much EP's way of doing things.

Well, he did propose to Ginger & give her an engagement ring, so she must have meant something more to him
than his usual casual liaisons...
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

N880EAP

Postby N880EAP » Wed May 08, 2024 10:55 am

Colin B wrote:Well, he did propose to Ginger & give her an engagement ring, so she must have meant something more to him

MMMs referred to this as ..... "the lure".
(EP spent a lot — and I agree, more than usual — for "the lure" on both Ginger and her family.)
EP also never really tried, or learned, the true little things that would have genuinely shown or expressed his concern/feelings for her; I think it was more about ego — he couldn't control her and it grated on him. A big part of it was also the age gap.

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Wed May 08, 2024 12:48 pm

Colin B wrote:Well, he did propose to Ginger & give her an engagement ring, so she must have meant something more to him
N880EAP wrote:MMMs referred to this as ..... "the lure".
(EP spent a lot — and I agree, more than usual — for "the lure" on both Ginger and her family.)
EP also never really tried, or learned, the true little things that would have genuinely shown or expressed his concern/feelings for her; I think it was more about ego — he couldn't control her and it grated on him. A big part of it was also the age gap.

But his use of 'the lure' on Ginger is more intense that usual.

Proof that she meant more than his normal squeezes...
Colin B

"Why ?" - Colin B

N880EAP

Postby N880EAP » Wed May 08, 2024 1:32 pm

Colin B wrote:But his use of 'the lure' on Ginger is more intense that usual.

Yeah, but it's a pity that it never translated in to something more, especially on 8-16-77.

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Wed May 08, 2024 3:11 pm

N880EAP wrote:Yeah, but it's a pity that it never translated in to something more, especially on 8-16-77.

Their relationship was brought to an abrupt end by the events of that day...
Colin B

"Why ?" - Colin B

cadillac-elvis

Postby cadillac-elvis » Wed May 08, 2024 3:23 pm

N880EAP wrote:

Yeah, but it's a pity that it never translated in to something more, especially on 8-16-77.

I think the unusual hold Ginger held on him was her extraordinary beauty. But she was a bit of a rebel and didn't do everything he said.

But, I think by that time, Elvis even knew that this relationship was doomed. He could see

his usual tactics was not working on this woman and she couldn't be controlled. The MM say he would have never married her.

And note this: even as late as June 1977, he still referred to her as "my girlfriend" in shows, not "my fiance".

By this time there was too many distractions, ie. the bodygaurd book etc. The plan was to announce that engagement

at the August tour (Memphis I believe) and give her the proper , "my fiance" introduction, and in this theory he could show the public

that everything was great, and the book was full of lies. This probably would have went on for 3 or 4 months, but in my

opinion, I don't think he would have married her just as the MM say.

Yin Yang

Postby Yin Yang » Wed May 08, 2024 6:02 pm

cadillac-elvis wrote:
N880EAP wrote:

I think the unusual hold Ginger held on him was her extraordinary beauty. But she was a bit of a rebel and didn't do everything he said.

But, I think by that time, Elvis even knew that this relationship was doomed. He could see

his usual tactics was not working on this woman and she couldn't be controlled. The MM say he would have never married her.

And note this: even as late as June 1977, he still referred to her as "my girlfriend" in shows, not "my fiance".

By this time there was too many distractions, ie. the bodygaurd book etc. The plan was to announce that engagement

at the August tour (Memphis I believe) and give her the proper , "my fiance" introduction, and in this theory he could show the public

that everything was great, and the book was full of lies. This probably would have went on for 3 or 4 months, but in my

We'll never know if he would have announced her as his fiancée and would have married her, as the MM ultimately killed him August 16, 1977 "trying to save his life" by writing a tell-all eposé. That caused Elvis sold more than ever!

N880EAP

Postby N880EAP » Wed May 08, 2024 9:40 pm

cadillac-elvis wrote:I think the unusual hold Ginger held on him was her extraordinary beauty. But she was a bit of a rebel and didn't do everything he said.

Agreed, he wasn't going to marry her. He was already seeing Alicia too. This was his pattern, before he changed "squeezes".

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Wed May 15, 2024 3:17 pm

Anyone catch Ginger Alden on Loose Women today ?

2024-05-15 - Loose Women [1] - Ginger Alden - Crop - SizeDSC04994.JPG
2024-05-15 - Loose Women - [2] - Ginger Alden - Crop - Size - DSC04993.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Colin B

"Why ?" - Colin B

skabillyrebels

Postby skabillyrebels » Wed May 15, 2024 4:10 pm

"Don't tell me to play it. I will when I get ready. Do you understand me?"

N880EAP

Postby N880EAP » Wed May 15, 2024 10:34 pm

Interesting.
The "TLC" is the Dennis Roberts version.
And I thought it very interesting, Ginger's words "I feel like a curator of his last nine months." She was there for (only) three-quarters of a year (I think that is a key perspective to keep in mind).

Return to “Everything Elvis”