HEAR Elvis on WOWO radio NOW !

All the Elvis you can take

reg

Re: HEAR Elvis on WOWO radio NOW !

Postby reg » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:41 am

Keith wrote:
Greg1935 wrote:Hello,

I'm looking for a producer who'd like to release a totally unpublished interview and live recording from 1956 in a fashionable and quality release. I will be providing the recording (which I obtained personally) and all the other material (photographs, newspaper clippings) for the project. This is a first live 50s recording discovered in more than a decade.

If you know someone who might be interested, please contact me via PM or at: eppreservationsociety@gmail.com

You didn't obtain this by yourself Greg. I actually found where the tape was located and gave you all of the information to contact them because I was going into hospital for cancer surgery, and didn't know if I would survive, or if the surgery would be a success. Yes, you contacted them, while I was in hospital and couldn't do this myself, and you were sent the tape, but without me you would never have known where to look. Please do not forget that. But it seems that you already have, by claiming you got this all on your own, by your own merit.

You didn't!

We were partners Greg, or at least I thought we were, but it seems that means nothing to you.

I survived by the way, at least for NOW!

very sorry to hear that, why do people act this way

Yin Yang

Postby Yin Yang » Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:26 am

Hey Keith, sorry to hear about your illness and surgery.
I hope you recover(ed) OK and keep pleasing us with your informative site.

John

Postby John » Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:26 pm

Keith wrote:
Greg1935 wrote:Hello,

I'm looking for a producer who'd like to release a totally unpublished interview and live recording from 1956 in a fashionable and quality release. I will be providing the recording (which I obtained personally) and all the other material (photographs, newspaper clippings) for the project. This is a first live 50s recording discovered in more than a decade.

If you know someone who might be interested, please contact me via PM or at: eppreservationsociety@gmail.com

You didn't obtain this by yourself Greg. I actually found where the tape was located and gave you all of the information to contact them because I was going into hospital for cancer surgery, and didn't know if I would survive, or if the surgery would be a success. Yes, you contacted them, while I was in hospital and couldn't do this myself, and you were sent the tape, but without me you would never have known where to look. Please do not forget that. But it seems that you already have, by claiming you got this all on your own, by your own merit.

You didn't!

We were partners Greg, or at least I thought we were, but it seems that means nothing to you.

I survived by the way, at least for NOW!

Hi Keith,

I am very sorry to hear about your health problems and of course I send you all best wishes for your recovery. It brings things into perspective somewhat when you're faced with health challenges.

As far as this tape is concerned, as you found where it was located, would you not have a say in what happens next?

HillbillyCat

Postby HillbillyCat » Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:14 pm

First of all - and that's the most important thing - to Keith all the best for his recovery and fight against cancer!

About the tape discovery: This is indeed a strange turn of events. Wasn't there a third one, namely Chris Kennedy (aka Guy Lambert), involved in discovering the recording? Wasn't it said that the tape had already been handed over to Ernst Jørgensen and that a release on the official label was only a matter of time? I thought THAT was exactly why we were asked here (topic: New Live Recordings From 1956) not to discuss this discovery so publicly in the first place?

Mike C

Postby Mike C » Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:07 pm

Keith,

Glad to hear that the surgery went well. Love your website and the two 3-books sets you wrote. Do you need anything while you are recovering?

Keith

Postby Keith » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:45 pm

HillbillyCat wrote:Wasn't there a third one, namely Chris Kennedy (aka Guy Lambert), involved in discovering the recording?

Yes, Chris was in contact with Ron Ross' family but they didn't want to sell the recording, so I started looking around for "Ron Ross" and "WOWO Radio" online, and that's how I found the 2016 podcast of their 90th Anniversary broadcast and realized that maybe WOWO might have a copy of Ron Ross' tape in their archives, so I passed the information on to Greg, as I was going into hospital. He then contacted them, and they sent it to him.

That's how it was found. Not by Greg doing all of this by his own merit. It was my "5 minutes of Google" (as Greg now puts it, but not accepting the fact that without me finding the podcast we would never have found the tape at all) and Chris' original research, that discovered the complete tape.

I hate being ripped off, but I feel that Greg is now trying to take all of the credit for finding the tape himself, for some reason, and that isn't right.

He didn't!!!

Keith

John

Postby John » Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:56 am

Keith wrote:
HillbillyCat wrote:Wasn't there a third one, namely Chris Kennedy (aka Guy Lambert), involved in discovering the recording?

Yes, Chris was in contact with Ron Ross' family but they didn't want to sell the recording, so I started looking around for "Ron Ross" and "WOWO Radio" online, and that's how I found the 2016 podcast of their 90th Anniversary broadcast and realized that maybe WOWO might have a copy of Ron Ross' tape in their archives, so I passed the information on to Greg, as I was going into hospital. He then contacted them, and they sent it to him.

That's how it was found. Not by Greg doing all of this by his own merit. It was my "5 minutes of Google" (as Greg now puts it, but not accepting the fact that without me finding the podcast we would never have found the tape at all) and Chris' original research, that discovered the complete tape.

I hate being ripped off, but I feel that Greg is now trying to take all of the credit for finding the tape himself, for some reason, and that isn't right.

He didn't!!!

Keith

It's a shame when these things happen. How did Greg come into the picture in the first place?

skabillyrebels

On Fire in Toledo - 1956

Postby skabillyrebels » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:11 pm

I just finished listening to it
The audio programmer has gone over the top processing the tape which is a shame. :shock:
On Fire in Toledo - 1956
Elvis Presley
To be released on 25/04/24 by MEMPHIS RECORDING SERVICE
Main artists: Elvis Presley
Genre: Rock

https://www.qobuz.com/nz-en/album/on-fi ... 3l6b0c801a
"Don't tell me to play it. I will when I get ready. Do you understand me?"

HillbillyCat

Re: On Fire in Toledo - 1956

Postby HillbillyCat » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:03 pm

skabillyrebels wrote:I just finished listening to it
The audio programmer has gone over the top processing the tape which is a shame. :shock:
On Fire in Toledo - 1956
Elvis Presley
To be released on 25/04/24 by MEMPHIS RECORDING SERVICE
Main artists: Elvis Presley
Genre: Rock

https://www.qobuz.com/nz-en/album/on-fi ... 3l6b0c801a

So the date April 25, 2024 refers to the physical release on CD? A playlist can already be found on YouTube, but the videos are not (yet) accessible. Another totally unexpected turn of events in this matter. I feel no desire to comment on the whys and wherefores and leave it to the shark tank over there, which is surely boiling over right now (especially because it's MRS of all labels) :lol: I'm just happy that these historic recordings are actually being released and not gathering dust in some archives (or worse: in the vaults of egocentric private collectors).

cadillac-elvis

Postby cadillac-elvis » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:49 pm

Question: when will the un-processed tape be released?

skabillyrebels

Postby skabillyrebels » Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:17 pm

I would like to hear an A-B comparison of the tape
"Don't tell me to play it. I will when I get ready. Do you understand me?"

Topic author
Nolan Truth

Re: On Fire in Toledo - 1956

Postby Nolan Truth » Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:34 pm

skabillyrebels wrote:The audio programmer has gone over the top processing the tape which is a shame. :shock:

I concur
Nolan is here, with the truth!

Topic author
Nolan Truth

Postby Nolan Truth » Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:59 pm

Nolan is here, with the truth!

John

Postby John » Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:15 pm

Is it really from MRS?

skabillyrebels