The Jimmy Dean Show tv appearance.

All the Elvis you can take

Private Presley

Re: The Jimmy Dean Show tv appearance.

Postby Private Presley » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:14 am

kevanbudd wrote:
Mojo Filter wrote:
kevanbudd wrote:Numbered audio acetates were made of the show around this period, it seems to be a consistent practice at the station.

Though as of yet i've not seen the one that would feature Elvis,
but I believe there is a good chance the audio exists somewhere.

Kevan Budd.

One thing I don't understand. Why do TV stations make acetates of interviews? Once the interview is broadcast on TV I always thought the public have heard it. So what's the reason for the acetate, where else were they going to broadcast it other then it's original TV airing?

As best I can gather, in general the whole show appears to be consistently transcribed to audio acetate or at least large parts, which I presume would include any short interview section if there was no editing, but may not if the show was edited. Until the show Elvis appeared on is found we will not know for certain.

Kevan Budd.

Kevan, Welcome to the forum! I always enjoy your works on the Elvis recordings.
ImageImage

kevanbudd

Postby kevanbudd » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:30 pm

Private Presley wrote:
kevanbudd wrote:
Mojo Filter wrote:
kevanbudd wrote:Numbered audio acetates were made of the show around this period, it seems to be a consistent practice at the station.

Kevan Budd.

One thing I don't understand. Why do TV stations make acetates of interviews? Once the interview is broadcast on TV I always thought the public have heard it. So what's the reason for the acetate, where else were they going to broadcast it other then it's original TV airing?

As best I can gather, in general the whole show appears to be consistently transcribed to audio acetate or at least large parts, which I presume would include any short interview section if there was no editing, but may not if the show was edited. Until the show Elvis appeared on is found we will not know for certain.

Kevan Budd.

Thank you, that's very kind.

Kevan Budd.

Mojo Filter

Postby Mojo Filter » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:49 pm

kevanbudd wrote:
Private Presley wrote:
kevanbudd wrote:
Mojo Filter wrote:

Kevan Budd.

Kevan Budd.

Thank you, that's very kind.

Kevan Budd.

And thanks from me too.
she's well acquainted with a touch of the velvet hand, like a lizard on a window pane

galaxie

Postby galaxie » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:09 pm

Jimmy and Elvis on Jimmy Dean's WMAL-TV Show "Town And Country Time Show." Best photo I've seen so far from this event. (Improved)

https://www.foresthillsconnection.com/n ... yn-monroe/

Elvis with Jimmy Dean. WMAL-TV Town And Country Time Show in Washington, DC., on Friday, March 23, 1956..jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

John

Postby John » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:12 pm

galaxie wrote:Jimmy and Elvis on Jimmy Dean's WMAL-TV Show "Town And Country Time Show." Best photo I've seen so far from this event. (Improved)

https://www.foresthillsconnection.com/n ... yn-monroe/

Elvis with Jimmy Dean. WMAL-TV Town And Country Time Show in Washington, DC., on Friday, March 23, 1956..jpg

Yeah, that's nice. Thanks.

Alan_K

Postby Alan_K » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:13 pm

The reason for the appearance wasn't to promote Heartbreak Hotel but to promote the shows he was then doing on the boat.
Can't recall the name, like the one referred to in Proud Mary.
Paddle something... I've just gone blank.
Anyway, the only time I can recall Elvis performing on such a vessel
I used to have a photo of the very boat, but not at the time Elvis was performing on it.
15562days.com - here's to ya Graeme, I hope it was worth it! RIP mate (Rock In Peace)

Ed A

Postby Ed A » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:41 pm

Alan_K wrote:The reason for the appearance wasn't to promote Heartbreak Hotel but to promote the shows he was then doing on the boat.
Can't recall the name, like the one referred to in Proud Mary.
Paddle something... I've just gone blank.
Anyway, the only time I can recall Elvis performing on such a vessel
I used to have a photo of the very boat, but not at the time Elvis was performing on it.

It was the S.S. Vernon. Here is an ad for the performance and a small mention in an article:
EP3-page-002.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DarylR

Postby DarylR » Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:05 pm

This thread makes me hungry for some sausage for some reason. :D

Alan_K

Postby Alan_K » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:25 am

Ed A, thanks for that. Brilliant.
scottymoore.net has an image of S.S.Vernon, but it's the wrong one, that one is a steamer (Charles something) that sails to Mount Vernon.
15562days.com - here's to ya Graeme, I hope it was worth it! RIP mate (Rock In Peace)

General Sarnoff

Postby General Sarnoff » Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:42 pm

Mojo Filter wrote:

Kevan Budd.

Often, at a local station level, acetates were recorded in order to prove that advertising spots that were contracted were actually run.

- Kevin

Return to “Everything Elvis”