Unreleased ELVIS at PHOENIX

All the Elvis you can take

TCBDan

Re: Question about 1958-59 "Such A Night"

Postby TCBDan » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:21 pm

Just an absolutely incredible find, I'm truly speechless. It sounds rather dramatic but I genuinely am...what a find! I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say a HUGE(!) thank you, Juan Luis - absolutely incredible. Really generous of you to share.

Wow!!!!

Judith

Postby Judith » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:28 pm

Thank you so much for sharing!
Without a song the road would never bend

colonel snow

Postby colonel snow » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:41 pm

merry77 wrote:I have only just quickly browsed through the files. But man this is great!
Juan Thank you so much.

Did you guys also spot that short piece of "Working on the building" During He knows just what I need?

TonyS) where is that loving you that you mentioned which was edited? Can't find that yet.

Welcome here Merry 77

colonel snow

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:42 pm

I am stunned, :D :D :D:D lol

Pacer
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby Pacer » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:42 pm

And he was so extremely humble when he started this thread that we would not even think what he was all about . he was just innocently asked about a one liner of such a night.
Not like "Hey, i have a Tape here full of songs you never heard before from Elvis and versions of songs you never heard him doing years before he recorded them proffessionally". Although he had every right to do so.
Humble and delivering REALLY something great, new and exciting.
For me the most exciting thing concerning Elvis for years.

DarylR

Postby DarylR » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:45 pm

May I ask, is there a Side A Army (Piano Reel)?

These recordings are really what gets you excited and the blood pumping as an Elvis fan.Thank you Juan Luis.

The one thing that crossed my mind. You mentioned that you recently acquired these tapes. Would your acquisition of these tapes have anything to do with the recent passing of Rex Mansfield? I believe he is thought to have been present and can be heard on some of these tapes.

https://www.graceland.com/news/details/ ... ield/8554/

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:51 pm

Pacer wrote:And he was so extremely humble when he started this thread that we would not even think what he was all about . he was just innocently asked about a one liner of such a night.
Not like "Hey, i have a Tape here full of songs you never heard before from Elvis and versions of songs you never heard him doing years before he recorded them proffessionally". Although he had every right to do so.

Yes! Very much so.

What a morning, incredible.

Thank you, again Juan. I mean, I am so stunned from the pleasure - wonderful, Juan. :D :D :D

I have my speakers attached to my computer and listening and I have not moved, lol.

Niels

Postby Niels » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:06 pm

I'm lost for words.

Juan, you are a great man.
Chance made me visit this lovely place today for the first time in a year or two.

To find an unreleased Elvis tape. To listen to. In full. Wow.

Juan, you are a great man.
Thank you!

Pacer
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby Pacer » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:28 pm

Jimmy cool said in his words on the other forum what I said in my words some posts ago too:

"This has to be one of THE best findings in decades!!!!  
Soundboards and sh¡t are nothing compared to this!"

Not knocking on anybody, just expressing my view. I just express my excitement, which for me is something that inwardly have this days. Und to be excited about unreleased Recordings from elvis, well thats so many years ago, thats why this is so special.

Listening several times to his touching efforts of "his hand in mine"....operatic touches but also subtle singing at the same time (Elvis trademark for me:subtleness and only going high with his voice she it suited and not just for vocal showing off, his main gift was not showing off voice (like in the 70s) but beeing subtle and delicate and therefore be really believable as an interpreter and truly connect to the listener on an emotional basis (not like nowadays where most artist shouting all the time to show off their vocal range) ....that was Elvis " main competence and that's why he was so believable in his recordings and connects with the listener (subtleness and also parts, only if it fitted the lyrics, where he let his voice soars.....otherwise...subtleness...often less is more...and he was a master on that...)...
This is a testament on his recordings why he was so believable and bringing a real feeling across like few could.
And this unique approach shines even through on this informal recordings on bad equipment recorded at home.
And that sets him apart from a lot of other singers who make the fault of overdoing or oversinging.

That is the gift that makes me proud to be an Elvis fan....and this home recordings were never meant to be heard.
And he is magnificent on most tracks were he is really involved and also determine to get it right, the several try outs of the same songs shows his determination and his willingness to improve.

On an aside note:I don't know why he sang the "his hand in mime"to a woman "I can feel her hand in mine "and on other parts he seems to sing to a woman.
It can't be a joke,cause all Rendition are about "her Hand in Mine "....." she will tell me so....."etc.
Strange the Lyric Change butt nonetheless Touching.
So in this Case it sounds less like a gospel but like a love song to a woman.
Nice touch.

And Elvis really gets to the listener heart.
At least he gets to my heart.
(UNLIKE songs like "its midnight"although raw feeling, but the tonal quality is lacking for me and the subtleness, sometimes less is more, is lacking there, but that's my opinion only).

It's fascinating, that these songs recorded just for friends , yet with care, on less than stellar recording condition again prove what a great performer he was with the right instinct, without calculating it...but really feeling it, thats why it is so honest and gets to the open listener.
Makes me proud to be an Elvis fan....these recordings.
And I mean it.

ok, I better shut up now.Sorry for my detailed outburst of excitement and explaing how i feel about it.just ignore me then.
Last edited by Pacer on Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:14 pm, edited 5 times in total.

LJM

Postby LJM » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:41 pm

Thank you Juan.

The most amazing thing is that you shared something so rare with the rest of us instead of locking it up in a vault. It's been many years since fans gave out rarities like this to other fans.

Thank you for bringing back the joy of fans uniting to enjoy Elvis together without criticisms. I appreciate it very much,

Tulsa Mclean

Postby Tulsa Mclean » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:48 pm

Pacer wrote:And he was so extremely humble when he started this thread that we would not even think what he was all about . he was just innocently asked about a one liner of such a night.

I agree, Juan Luis is a very humble person.

I have corresponded many times with him in the past and I can call him my friend. Shame he was so burned out on FECC that he almost vanished from the Elvis world. Glad he´s back with a bang! 8-).
Viva el vino, viva el dinero, viva, viva el amor!!.

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:56 pm

The tape is on a weather break ;) LOL - this is soooooooooooo funny, lol lol lol lol

Pacer, I feel overwhelmed with happiness and pleasure at this, seriously. Wow.

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:03 pm

Pacer wrote:Jimmy cool said in his words on the other forum what I said in my words some posts ago too:

"This has to be one of THE best findings in decades!!!!  
Soundboards and sh¡t are nothing compared to this!"

Not knocking on anybody, just expressing my view. I just express my excitement, which for me is something that inwardly have this days. Und to be excited about unreleased Recordings from elvis, well thats so many years ago, thats why this is so special.

Listening several times to his touching efforts of "his hand in mine"....operatic touches but also subtle singing at the same time (Elvis trademark for me:subtleness and only going high with his voice she it suited and not just for vocal showing off, his main gift was not showing off voice (like in the 70s) but beeing subtle and delicate and therefore be really believable as an interpreter and truly connect to the listener on an emotional basis (not like nowadays where most artist shouting all the time to show off their vocal range) ....that was Elvis " main competence and that's why he was so believable in his recordings and connects with the listener (subtleness and also parts, only if it fitted the lyrics, where he let his voice soars.....otherwise...subtleness...often less is more...and he was a master on that...)...
This is a testament on his recordings why he was so believable and bringing a real feeling across like few could.
And this unique approach shines even through on this informal recordings on bad equipment recorded at home.
And that sets him apart from a lot of other singers who make the fault of overdoing or oversinging.

That is the gift that makes me proud to be an Elvis fan....and this home recordings were never meant to be heard.
And he is magnificent on most tracks were he is really involved and also determine to get it right, the several try outs of the same songs shows his determination and his willingness to improve.

On an aside note:I don't know why he sang the "his hand in mime"to a woman "I can feel her hand in mine "and on other parts he seems to sing to a woman.
It can't be a joke,cause all Rendition are about "her Hand in Mine "....." she will tell me so....."etc.
Strange the Lyric Change butt nonetheless Touching.
So in this Case it sounds less like a gospel but like a love song to a woman.
Nice touch.

And Elvis really gets to the listener heart.
At least he gets to my heart.
(UNLIKE songs like "its midnight"although raw feeling, but the tonal quality is lacking for me and the subtleness, sometimes less is more, is lacking there, but that's my opinion only).

It's fascinating, that these songs recorded just for friends , yet with care, on less than stellar recording condition again prove what a great performer he was with the right instinct, without calculating it...but really feeling it, thats why it is so honest and gets to the open listener.
Makes me proud to be an Elvis fan....these recordings.
And I mean it.

ok, I better shut up now.Sorry for my detailed outburst of excitement and explaing how i feel about it.

I feel excited, too, a wonderful feeling :D :D :D :D :D :D I also agree with everything you have said, I am overwhelmed in such a good, fun, way.

Love this feeling :D <3

DarylR

Postby DarylR » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:15 pm

Tulsa Mclean wrote:

I have corresponded many times with him in the past and I can call him my friend. Shame he was so burned out on FECC that he almost vanished from the Elvis world. Glad he´s back with a bang! 8-).

Wonder why he got so burned out on FECC? I'm sure there are doctors over there that could help him. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keith

Postby Keith » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:27 pm

DarylR wrote:
Tulsa Mclean wrote:

Wonder why he got so burned out on FECC? I'm sure there are doctors over there that could help him. :lol: :lol: :lol:

There is only one so-called doctor on FECC, but he wouldn't help anyone but himself!

This news will kill him by the way as he didn't discover it himself, and solve another mystery! Sorry, but the guy is a total and utter arsehole, no sorry, I meant dickhead, no sorry, I meant fuckwit, continued...!

Keith

Return to “Everything Elvis”