Unreleased ELVIS at PHOENIX

All the Elvis you can take

Markus K.

Re: Unreleased ELVIS at PHOENIX

Postby Markus K. » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:13 am

Juan Luis, thank you so much for your extremly generous share on here!
I'm at a loss for words at how much joy that recording brought me. I really can't thank you enough.
We all know the feeling of reading lists of songs that Elvis supposedly sang or even recorded at some point in time. Often enough though we know that most likely we won't be hearing anything from these jams, rehearsals or lost session material. If a generous soul like you out of nowhere then shares such a treasure find it is all the more wonderful.
The material offers some really cool moments. It's a joy to hear this group of friends jam together. Some of the songs from that day would eventually make it to the studio in 1960. It's fun to learn that at such an early point Elvis was already working on this.

rockinrebel

Postby rockinrebel » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:44 am

Thank you so much for this Juan. What a great start to the day. Unreleased Elvis recordings, and discovering this great forum which I wasn't aware of before.
Looking forward to hearing the recordings. Thanks again for your generosity.

elvislady

Postby elvislady » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:45 am

Thank You, Juan for sharing. Amazing.
Welcome to my world
http://uk.youtube.com/user/elvislady

Don't judge me. You know my name, But not my story.
Thank you ( Jeanette )

skabillyrebels

Postby skabillyrebels » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:47 am

Thank you to Juan for sharing the tape and Mike for the info
Cheers Skabillyrebels
"Don't tell me to play it. I will when I get ready. Do you understand me?"

skabillyrebels

Postby skabillyrebels » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:47 am

And thank to you to the Phoenix
"Don't tell me to play it. I will when I get ready. Do you understand me?"

toonelvis

Postby toonelvis » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:29 am

This is amazing Juan, thank you so much for sharing. What an incredible recording. So generous of you to share too. Thank you

DarylR

Postby DarylR » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:43 am

I hate to ask any more questions Juan Luis, as you have been very generous with your digital copy acquisition. The only other questions I'd ask is if there were any other tapes or digital copies of tapes offered to you that you either acquired or turned down? And if so, what were they?

Pacer
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Re: Question about 1958-59 "Such A Night"

Postby Pacer » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:08 am

Mountain Mist wrote:
Pacer wrote:He will find a way to make it disappear or vanish or soon getting down on the list there or simply release a put down.

He will never admit that a really great find ( a REAL great find, not his blown up hyperbole finds like when pat boon met elvis on some airport what he calls "mysteries solved"....although they are mostly unimportant footnotes of no real importance) didn't come out from him. Or even acknowledge and thanks the finder.
The last time some unreleased footage was found here first...he took falsely and shamelessly the credit there for finding it and erased all posts which pointed out that it was found here on phoenix , not on feec by him.

Yep, as predicted, the answer was as you say, plus of course, as was expected, a response of....."bring the attention away from that and back to me.....look at what I found......", lol lol lol

Oh my goodness, i just saw that carpenter has the nerve to say that it isn't even a "find".

I mean really?

How ignorant because of jealousy can he be?

DarylR

Postby DarylR » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:25 am

Pacer wrote:
Mountain Mist wrote:
Pacer wrote:He will find a way to make it disappear or vanish or soon getting down on the list there or simply release a put down.

He will never admit that a really great find ( a REAL great find, not his blown up hyperbole finds like when pat boon met elvis on some airport what he calls "mysteries solved"....although they are mostly unimportant footnotes of no real importance) didn't come out from him. Or even acknowledge and thanks the finder.
The last time some unreleased footage was found here first...he took falsely and shamelessly the credit there for finding it and erased all posts which pointed out that it was found here on phoenix , not on feec by him.

Yep, as predicted, the answer was as you say, plus of course, as was expected, a response of....."bring the attention away from that and back to me.....look at what I found......", lol lol lol

Oh my goodness, i just saw that carpenter has the nerve to say that it isn't even a "find".

I mean really?

Exactly. I don't think I could comprehend that sort of jealousy as a person who really enjoys Elvis' music. Nothing against Juan Luis, but at the end of the day, does it really matter who located the recording? Don't get me wrong, I love Juan for his generosity and willingness to share information about the recordings. But my passion for Elvis' music far outweighs any jealousy I would have for Juan Luis. I would imagine most people who also share my passion for Elvis' music also feel the same way. I really can't understand how DJC could conceivably be jealous over something trivial such as this. He has internet access. He can download the files and listen to them. Reading some of his comments over on FECC, it appears he has visited Phoenix and downloaded them and listened to them. So what is his gripe? That he didn't find these recordings first? Who cares when Juan is willing to share his find with complete strangers who have a passion for Elvis' music. Isn't that the reason (the passion) why you join a forum about Elvis and his music, whether that be Phoenix or FECC? It just seems to me that FECC has become some sort of ego trip for DJC, deleting posts that he doesn't agree with, suspending and banning people from posting, etc. And I can see why Juan got "burnt out" and came over here.
Last edited by DarylR on Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:31 am

Pacer wrote:
Mountain Mist wrote:

I mean really?

:D

It is hilarious how big his post was too, lol taking all that space down the page...wanting...:

Image ;)

John

Postby John » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:45 am

Ben wrote:I would really hope that when (which they will) these come out on bootlegs that nobody buys them as they'll have nothing to do with the kindness Juan has shown us here.

Even better, if Ernst or the record company doesn't nab them, someone burns them to disc and gives them away.

Pacer
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby Pacer » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:48 am

If carpenter would have found those songs, he would have made such a big deal about it that you wouldn't believe.
I bet he wouldn't even share the files just making hints what he has and that he can't share it because of "reasons".
And now....no sticky.....and it is "no find". :roll:
Really? Are people that stupid over there that he thinks they believe him that?

And any of his topics gets a sticky, no matter how irrelevant it is.
That this is till not there should show people there, that something is very fishy there.

New songs, not just one liners and in good quality...completly out of the blue.....and it is"no find"?

By the way, that Bob Dylan fella once created there the embarrassing "in defence of John carpenter"topic.....he was recently suspended there (guess why ;-)) but meanwhile he was able to see the true colour of carpenter too.

It's just bad that I can't see, what they deleted of Keith's post.

Ps:I won't buy a bootleg of this.....only an official release.
Until that point the files of juan serves me just fine.

Elvos77

Postby Elvos77 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:46 am

This is just simply amazing. I just joined to especially thank Juan Luis for sharing this .
But this wont be my last visit..What a great forum.
And how nice to see the real colours of a Doc in the other.forum. Trying to belittle this find and share. A win win.situation. A so called Doc digging his own grave, and then.this find to.enjoy...It.doesnt get any better than this.

John

Postby John » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:53 am

Hi all,

Just a message to any newbies, we have some simple house rules here, which are:

Hello, and welcome to Phoenix, the Elvis forum for Elvis fans. We hope you have a fantastic time; there are some great features here.

We want everyone to enjoy their time here and therefore we do have a few house rules, which are:

Members could receive a cooling off period or be banned due to:

• Personal attacks on any member of this or any other forum, or attacks on any other forum.
• Use of offensive or distasteful avatars, or provocative names, particularly if designed to inflame others.
• Inflammatory threads or posts which include bullying or malicious remarks.

We hope everyone will understand the need for these simple rules which are designed to help everyone enjoy this forum.
Thank you.

So, we understand your frustration at how this may be presented by an individual on another forum and his comments, but, please can I ask you to abide by the rules here. We try to keep it pleasant, which is why we all get along here.

In the meantime, we're all very fortunate that Juan Luis has shared these files here and we are very grateful to him. If you're joining just to access the files, that's fine, but really, we hope you'll stick around and enjoy and contribute to what we consider to be the best Elvis forum there is. Thanks.

Topic author
Juan Luis

Postby Juan Luis » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:01 pm

DarylR wrote:I hate to ask any more questions Juan Luis, as you have been very generous with your digital copy acquisition. The only other questions I'd ask is if there were any other tapes or digital copies of tapes offered to you that you either acquired or turned down? And if so, what were they?
No problem. The answer is no, not recently or that I remember anyway.
Many years ago I got a hold of a ton of stuff, but it has been released starting way back with the "There's Always Me" bootleg series and Paul Dowling tapes before that. Back then, no forum, no internet really. I was going to answer at first ...yeah, "Tiger Man"!... But it would have been a cruel joke! :)

Return to “Everything Elvis”