Unreleased ELVIS at PHOENIX

All the Elvis you can take

Pacer
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Re: Question about 1958-59 "Such A Night"

Postby Pacer » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:33 pm

He will find a way to make it disappear or vanish or soon getting down on the list there or simply release a put down.

He will never admit that a really great find ( a REAL great find, not his blown up hyperbole finds like when pat boon met elvis on some airport what he calls "mysteries solved"....although they are mostly unimportant footnotes of no real importance) didn't come out from him. Or even acknowledge and thanks the finder.
The last time some unreleased footage was found here first...he took falsely and shamelessly the credit there for finding it and erased all posts which pointed out that it was found here on phoenix , not on feec by him.

goldbelt

Postby goldbelt » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:22 am

Hi Juan, this is so very generous of you to share such wonderful material my friend.

Such a great discovery.

Thank you very much, Juan.

DarylR

Postby DarylR » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:28 am

Pacer wrote:He will find a way to make it disappear or vanish or soon getting down on the list there or simply release a put down.

He will never admit that a really great find ( a REAL great find, not his blown up hyperbole finds like when pat boon met elvis on some airport what he calls "mysteries solved"....although they are mostly unimportant footnotes of no real importance) didn't come out from him. Or even acknowledge and thanks the finder.
The last time some unreleased footage was found here first...he took falsely and shamelessly the credit there for finding it and erased all posts which pointed out that it was found here on phoenix , not on fecc by him.

The Doc is the Filip Miucin of the Elvis world. In case you don't know who Filip Miucin is, I suggest you google his name or read this article.

https://kotaku.com/ign-pulls-ex-editors ... 1828357792

Miucin essentially worked for IGN, an entertainment company that mostly deals with video games (http://www.ign.com). He was the host of a podcast called Nintendo Voice Chat Podcast. He replaced Jose Otero last October or November, when Otero moved on from IGN and got a job working at Nintendo of America. Miucin was caught plagiarizing a Youtuber's review (Boomstick Gaming) of a game titled Dead Cells. You can find the video on Youtube where Boomstick Gaming compares his review of Dead Cells to that of Miucin's IGN review; Boomstick's review was posted in late July of this year whereas Miucin's IGN review was posted several days later in early August. IGN ultimately dismissed Miucin after doing their own investigation. Miucin offered a half-hearted apology video in which he apologized to his IGN colleagues, the game developer behind Dead Cells but ultimately did not apologize to Boomstick Gaming, whom he had clearly plagiarized. Miucin had started out as a Youtuber prior to joining IGN, just like Boomstick Gaming and he only wished them the best of luck with no apology. It was later determined that Miucin's apology video was monetized, meaning he would earn money from Youtube ad revenue for getting clicks. Ultimately, he ended up pulling the apology video though it still can be found on Youtube in a non-monetized version.

At the end of Miucin's apology video, he basically dared Jason Schreir (the writer from Kotaku who wrote the article in the above link) as well as the rest of the internet to find other instances in which he had also misappropriated other people's reviews for his own reviews. Well, Schreir didn't have to look very hard, as others came forward and noticed the comparisons between some of Miucin's reviews (even before he joined IGN) and those reviews it appears Miucin also plagiarized, including a review for FIFA 18 and others.

Mike C

Postby Mike C » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:33 am

Tulsa Mclean wrote:Hopefully Juan Luis makes a deal with FTD. This way they could make a special FTD 2/3 cd release and called it: The Complete Germany Home Recordings! 8-).

Well said, Tulsa. Or add these new tracks to the FTD Classic Album Edition of For LP Fans Only!

MaestroDavros

Postby MaestroDavros » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:56 am

Keith wrote:
DarylR wrote:
Tulsa Mclean wrote:
Pacer wrote:And he was so extremely humble when he started this thread that we would not even think what he was all about . he was just innocently asked about a one liner of such a night.
Not like "Hey, i have a Tape here full of songs you never heard before from Elvis and versions of songs you never heard him doing years before he recorded them proffessionally". Although he had every right to do so.
Humble and delivering REALLY something great, new and exciting.
For me the most exciting thing concerning Elvis for years.

I agree, Juan Luis is a very humble person.

I have corresponded many times with him in the past and I can call him my friend. Shame he was so burned out on FECC that he almost vanished from the Elvis world. Glad he´s back with a bang! 8-).

Wonder why he got so burned out on FECC? I'm sure there are doctors over there that could help him. :lol: :lol: :lol:

There is only one so-called doctor on FECC, but he wouldn't help anyone but himself!

This news will kill him by the way (well, at least hopefully!) as he didn't discover it himself, and solve another mystery! Sorry, but I mean that comment - the guy is a total and utter arsehole, no sorry, I meant dickhead, no sorry, I meant fuckwit, continued...!

Keith

Tell me about it. To him a burp from 1958 is of a better vintage than 1960 (or something like that; it's a joke I thought of earlier today and posted in another forum on a Beatles related topic also covering extraneous sounds). My feeling is that if it burps it burps! :lol:

► Show Spoiler

Hard Rocker

Postby Hard Rocker » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:19 am

Thanks a million Juan Luis. Possibly the most important Elvis discovery in years and a wonderful gesture to share it with us.

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:14 am

Pacer wrote:He will find a way to make it disappear or vanish or soon getting down on the list there or simply release a put down.

The last time some unreleased footage was found here first...he took falsely and shamelessly the credit there for finding it and erased all posts which pointed out that it was found here on phoenix , not on feec by him.

Yep, as predicted, the answer was as you say, plus of course, as was expected, a response of....."bring the attention away from that and back to me.....look at what I found......", lol lol lol

Ciscoking

Postby Ciscoking » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:21 am

I am just proud that I can call Juan Luis my friend...we even possibly meet personally in the near future.
Thanks to Ernst Joergensen, Roger Semon and Erik Rasmussen for the great work. Keep the spirit alive !

DarylR

Postby DarylR » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:57 am

Mountain Mist wrote:

Yep, as predicted, the answer was as you say, plus of course, as was expected, a response of....."bring the attention away from that and back to me.....look at what I found......", lol lol lol

Which he didn't really find much. He simply cobbled together some Youtube video links of the originals of the songs featured in Juan's tapes along with some information about that artist, when they released their version of any specific song and how well it did on the charts. I think the individual who posts over there under the name BobDylan got it right. There definitely was a mystery as to where this tape was and it most certainly is a find. Otherwise, Ernst or someone else would have located and released it years ago. Doc even admits that the tracklisting was mentioned in Ernst's book back in 1998. That's 20 years ago. That's almost as long as Elvis' career was (23 years vs. 20 years). Juan Luis' tape discovery should be celebrated. These moments don't come around nearly as often as they once did; whether they come from official channels such as EPE or the record label, import labels or simply by sheer luck. The two most recent would be the Youtube discovery of the wire recording of "I Forgot To Remember To Forget" and the "I'm A Roustabout" previously unheard song from 1964. Hopefully, a film such as "The Searcher" or the 50th anniversary of the "Singer Presents Elvis" television special inspires those that may have something of interest on Elvis out there that nobody has seen or heard to come forward. Nobody's getting any younger. Just being able to hear Elvis sing some of those songs at that time in his career on Juan's tapes is a thrill. All of it is great, whether that be the numerous attempts at "He Knows Just What I Need," "Cool Water," "Young Love," "Like A Baby," "Are You Lonesome Tonight?," "Stand By Me," "Are You Sincere?," "Send Me Some Lovin'," "His Hand In Mine," "Just A Closer Walk With Thee," "Take My Hand, Precious Lord," "Oh Lonesome Me," and "Send Me Some Lovin'."

From BobDylan's post over on FECC:

Actually DJC, you would be wrong. The mystery was where the tape was at and it is a find because thanks to a former member it has been found.

According to the sentence you showed, all that was known was a track list.

And you providing some of the songs by different artists provides nothing to this topic.

This is a major ELVIS find that should be celebrated. I think we can all agree that what you provided is of dubious value and the real story of the mystery of the tape has been solved as we can now put it in the find column.

Thank you Juan Luis and Mike!

merry77

Re: Unreleased ELVIS at PHOENIX

Postby merry77 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:03 am

By the way, is there also a complete tape of the section with I asked the Lord and Earth Angel?
Or did I miss that one?

Topic author
Juan Luis

Postby Juan Luis » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:08 am

Thank you all for your extremely kind words, friends.
I have to be honest. I knew what I had was very interesting, but not to what extent.

Until Now.
https://wetransfer.com/downloads/4f357d ... 246/43b952

DarylR

Postby DarylR » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:39 am

Juan Luis, may I ask. do you have any images of the tapes or the tape boxes of these recordings? The reason I ask is because I would be curious to know if any of these tapes or tape boxes are dated that would allow us to ascertain when exactly these recordings were made by Elvis. As you may or may not know, in Ernst's "A Life In Music" book he listed some of these recordings on pages 117 and 118. However, at the time (1998), he dated these recordings as having been made in April, 1959 or later. However, with the FTD release of "A Date With Elvis," some of this information has changed considerably. Now some of the home recordings are dated from December, 1958.

Again, I'm sure I speak for just about anyone who's a member here on Phoenix. A big thank you.

And I do agree, these recordings would be great on an FTD release of "For LP Fans Only." That or a mainstream release focusing on the "Elvis Is Back" sessions and including some of the Germany home recordings, as Elvis worked through material to consider recording once he came home from Germany.

Ben

Postby Ben » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:49 am

I would really hope that when (which they will) these come out on bootlegs that nobody buys them as they'll have nothing to do with the kindness Juan has shown us here.

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:58 am

Juan Luis wrote:Thank you all for your extremely kind words, friends.
I have to be honest. I knew what I had was very interesting, but not to what extent.

Until Now.
https://wetransfer.com/downloads/4f357d ... 246/43b952

I am truly speechless with appreciation, thank you so much, Juan.

:D

Thank you for your generosity - wow, wow, wow!

:D

Topic author
Juan Luis

Postby Juan Luis » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:11 am

DarylR wrote:Juan Luis, may I ask. do you have any images of the tapes or the tape boxes of these recordings? The reason I ask is because I would be curious to know if any of these tapes or tape boxes are dated that would allow us to ascertain when exactly these recordings were made by Elvis. As you may or may not know, in Ernst's "A Life In Music" book he listed some of these recordings on pages 117 and 118. However, at the time (1998), he dated these recordings as having been made in April, 1959 or later. However, with the FTD release of "A Date With Elvis," some of this information has changed considerably. Now some of the home recordings are dated from December, 1958.

Again, I'm sure I speak for just about anyone who's a member here on Phoenix. A big thank you.

And I do agree, these recordings would be great on an FTD release of "For LP Fans Only." That or a mainstream release focusing on the "Elvis Is Back" sessions and including some of the Germany home recordings, as Elvis worked through material to consider recording once he came home from Germany.
Thank you sir. No tape box photos. I will ask my source ( from Jarvis estate), took photos before the reels were sold to a private collector that kept the recordings to him or herself.. By chance, these recordings were mentioned to me, and I jumped at the chance and acquired the digital recordings of the original reels that Elvis must have given to his friend Felton Jarvis.
BTW, the buzz heard was on the reels recorded way back then. It must have been a grounding problem with microphone, cables..etc. Too bad Buddy Holly wasn't there to help out as the engineer! LOL..
Last edited by Juan Luis on Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Everything Elvis”