"Guitar Man 1980" Outtake

All the Elvis you can take

KEV

Re: "Guitar Man 1980" Outtake

Postby KEV » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:22 am

Top man.

Thank you very much.

The muppets over on the other place are having a go as to them this stuff should not be issued ... there meant to be the high end of the fan dom and come out with cruel jibes - IT"S UNIISUED PRESLEY FOR PETE"S SAKE ... RAVE VIEWS ABOUT LIFE CD BUT NOT THESE 2 TRACKS.
Keep the FAITH MIKE :!: :!:

KEV

John

Postby John » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:27 am

Juan Luis wrote:Here's an alternate mix/edit of "Guitar Man". There were two. You heard #2 first. This is #1.

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/11ef34 ... 736/2b74b4

Thank you SIR Juan. You are a star.

Jeroennl

Postby Jeroennl » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:30 am

Juan...My boy, my boy.... you make my day almost every day now.... Thank you again! This is GREAT! Keep them coming ;-)

John

Postby John » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:48 am

Juan Luis wrote:Here's an alternate mix/edit of "Guitar Man". There were two. You heard #2 first. This is #1.

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/11ef34 ... 736/2b74b4

Interestingly one is quite a bit faster than the other.

HD_RES

Postby HD_RES » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:24 am

Juan Luis wrote:
DarylR wrote:Juan, is there a reason why "Help Me" is only a MP3 file whereas "Guitar Man" and the 4 home recording files are WAV files?
No bootlegger is going to get a WAV file from me. The Guitar Man was degraded a bit to Mp3 and then upconverted to WAV. If there is future need for FTD..I'll give the flat transfer..no exceptions. IMO, still sounds more than good enough.

Good point.....and after the quick boot annoncement regarding the Germany 1958 tapes I do understand that.
But wav or mp3....the bootleggers dont care anyway.

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:32 am

KEV wrote:Top man.

Thank you very much.

The muppets over on the other place are having a go as to them this stuff should not be issued ... there meant to be the high end of the fan dom and come out with cruel jibes - IT"S UNIISUED PRESLEY FOR PETE"S SAKE ... RAVE VIEWS ABOUT LIFE CD BUT NOT THESE 2 TRACKS.

How long did it take for them to come up with that spin to make themselves feel better? ;) LOL LOL LOL

EP.Fan

Postby EP.Fan » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:41 am

I dont think its a bad thing if anything becomes available regarding Elvis Presley through whatever online platform there is in this day and age. Gone are the days of waiting weeks in the mail for a newsletter or Fan Club flyer regarding what hes been up to. The only response is to applaud Juan Luis for what he has done - regardless of the mealy mouthed response from other forums. If your credibility is compromised online it is almost impossible to repair the damage and im surprised so many seem to engage with FECC - and its a shame that it has been so difficult to express your appreciation of Elvis online for what appears to be a very long time. Theres a wealth of information online regarding Elvis on many sites that have no "suspicious activity" and are open and honest in what they post.
Long Live The King
*apologies for reposting this

Pacer
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby Pacer » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:50 am

Thank you very much.

It is only because of "who" shared them.
If carpenter shared the army tapes or guitar man....that f2seconddumbtonobody character would praise him like you have never seen.
Pathetic.

I wish someone like night rider, the user, would create a lovely artwork for those army tapes for a CD.
The ones from the bootleggers so far do like a rush job.

eaptcb

Postby eaptcb » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:21 am

Also if these Guitar Man Tracks had been released or even just announced to be released on a compilation Bootleg album from the Likes of Madison or Venus - they would be the first to wet themselves over on FECC with Dic AKA Johnny Sonofabitch giving it his all on how wonderful this was and is another essential Import Release... Strange but True ---> Mystery Solved!

Anyway thanks a million Juan Luis once again..
Your generosity is more than appreciated, here and I am sure by the few straggles left over there that are not taken in by the bull that ooozzes out from its prolific poster..
Last edited by eaptcb on Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is only one Elvis accept no imitations, and just enjoy the music.

eaptcb

Postby eaptcb » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:28 am

Pacer wrote:

Thank you very much.

It is only because of "who" shared them.
If carpenter shared the army tapes or guitar man....that f2seconddumbtonobody character would praise him like you have never seen.
Pathetic.

I wish someone like night rider, the user, would create a lovely artwork for those army tapes for a CD.
The ones from the bootleggers so far do like a rush job.

Don't be surprised if this idiot is just the Doc under another name, as he has a number of different user names, think sometimes just so he has someone to talk to? ----> another mystery Solved!
There is only one Elvis accept no imitations, and just enjoy the music.

Norman
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby Norman » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:42 pm

Jukebox wrote:
Colin B wrote:
Jeroennl wrote:Just checking out those re-recordings again.... We now have 'Blue Suede Shoes' with Carl Perkins...
Jukebox wrote:I've never heard that one.
Is it available somewhere?

Yes, it's on the 2000 FTD CD: Too Much Monkey Business [FTD 7] which is comprised of the 1980 new backings.
Carl adds his guitar to a live Elvis performance from Vegas on 25th August, 1969, Midnight Show.
Felton's new backing & edit increases the running time to 3:06 [from 1:57].
There is no Perkins vocal heard.

I'm aware of that one, Colin.

I was wondering about a version with vocals overdubbed by Carl Perkins. Perhaps it exists, but hasn't yet been discovered.

Yes, a Carl Perkins vocal is still to see the light of day, but George Klein seems to have it. Here is an excerpt from his 2008 interview with Scott Jenkins:

SJ - Thanks for your time, George. Can you tell us about the tapes, and how you came by them?

GK - Well, Felton Jarvis, as you know was in the studio to do an album called Elvis and Friends and about a third into the album Colonel Parker heard about it and wasn't happy with that situation. So Colonel Parker wanted it to stop. They stopped the production, and Felton took the master tapes home. I was very close to Felton and his wife Mary. So once Felton passed away, I went to Nashville. I was a pallbearer at his funeral. About a year went by, and Mary called me one day. She said, 'George, I've got these tracks, these tapes'. She said, 'I think Felton would want you to have them'. She told me what they were. I was completely honoured that she wanted me to have them. So she got them to me, and I have them in my possession.

SJ - Were these tracks going to be part of the Guitar Man sessions, or was it a completely different project?

GK - No, it was a totally different project, it was Elvis and Friends.

SJ - So a totally different year then?

GK - I have no idea; I'm bad on years, Scotty. All I know is that he had those three tracks, and he was bringing in nine more people to sing the songs. But it never happened.

SJ - What do you think The Colonel's objections were?

GK - His objection was that Elvis had never recorded anything with anyone else, for a commercial venture. I mean, he did that thing with Ann-Margret and somebody else earlier on in his career. I can't remember what movie it was. The Colonel was probably upset that it wasn't his idea.

SJ - How many tracks are we talking about on these tapes?

GK - Three.

SJ - Just three. What are they?

GK - Help Me with Larry Gatlin; Guitar Man with Jerry Reed and Blue Suede Shoes with Carl Perkins.

SJ - The version of Blue Suede Shoes - is it a live version or the studio cut?

GK - Studio.

SJ - And what about Guitar Man - is that Jerry's vocal or reworked guitar?

GK - Vocal. He's already playing guitar on it; he played on the original.

SJ - Yeah, he did. And is there more than one version of each song, or just the one take?

GK - One take each. I offered them to RCA, and they weren't interested. I can't understand why, because they don't have anything like it. I'm gonna tell you, Scotty, the Blue Suede Shoes is a killer! Just great. Both of them (Carl and Elvis) have passed away. You can't get them back into the studio.

SJ - So why do you think RCA aren't interested?

GK - That's a good question. They really don't know what time it is! Especially since they put out that horrible version of Baby Let's Play House. Have you heard that? (This was actually not released by Sony BMG but by an independent DJ in Italy)

SJ - Yeah, it's bloody awful.

GK - RCA, they're not in tune to what Elvis was about. And if they knew about this Blue Suede Shoes, they could put something on the back of it, and have a smash.

SJ - So the tapes - they're not multitrack are they? They're a safety tape?

GK - They're quarter-inch tapes. Safety, yeah. It doesn't sound like stereo to me. It was never meant to be put into stereo.

SJ - Are the Elvis vocals the same as the released versions, or are they alternative takes?

GK - You know, I don't know. I'm not that technical, you know.

SJ - There was a rumour that there was a version of For Ol' Times Sake with Tony Joe White. Know anything about that?

GK - No. Tony Joe White was scheduled to come in, to either do that or Polk Salad Annie but it never happened.

SJ - So who else was scheduled to come in to record?

GK - Willie Nelson. Kris Kristofferson. Gee, Scotty, it was a bunch more, but I can't remember. It was, like, thirty years ago, so -

(Waylon Jennings was also asked and talks about it in his book -- 'He did one of my songs once, Just Because You Asked Me Too, imitating my voice. After he died, RCA wanted to put out a duet album with artists who had worked with Elvis, and asked me to sing along on his finished track. I couldn't handle that. 'Call Elvis', I told them. 'If it's okay with Elvis, it's okay with me'.)

SJ - I've heard you're in contact with a couple of buyers. Do you think you'll be able to get these tracks released somehow?

GK - I don't know. My hope would be that RCA would take it, because it's a natural for them. The head guy from RCA, he turned it down. I don't know why. Well, ninety percent of ownership is possession.

SJ - I suppose there could be some problems with the estate of Carl Perkins as well.

GK - I would assume, yes. And I wouldn't let the tapes go unless somebody made a deal with Carl Perkins' estate. And with the Gatlin people, and the Jerry Reed people too.

SJ - So are the tapes in good condition; are they okay after thirty years?

GK - They're in very good condition.

https://www.elvis.com.au/presley/george ... view.shtml

Topic author
Juan Luis

Postby Juan Luis » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:34 pm

"Help Me" edit/mix #2.
https://wetransfer.com/downloads/06f5ae ... 941/99cc2f That's it for me with these. Nothing more. Carl Perkins "duet" is not in my possession.

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/06f5ae ... 941/99cc2f

Ciscoking

Postby Ciscoking » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:02 pm

Thanks, my friend..for all.
Thanks to Ernst Joergensen, Roger Semon and Erik Rasmussen for the great work. Keep the spirit alive !

Harty

Postby Harty » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:26 pm

Great stuff. Thanks a lot.

elvislady

Postby elvislady » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:34 pm

Thank you, Once again Juan, I enjoyed them.
Welcome to my world
http://uk.youtube.com/user/elvislady

Don't judge me. You know my name, But not my story.
Thank you ( Jeanette )

Return to “Everything Elvis”