Bootleg Elvis 45rpm Sleeves.

It's In The Groove

Topic author
Mojo Filter

Re: Bootleg Elvis 45rpm Sleeves.

Postby Mojo Filter » Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:40 am

John wrote:
Mojo Filter wrote:
No you can't compare items that are 50 years apart. What was developed 50 years ago in different circumstances and timeframe can not be compared to what was done 50 years later, that's common sense, or should be.

Of course you can compare things that are 50 years apart. That's common sense, or should be.

Only to people who can't tell the difference to something that was done 50 years ago to something that was done 50 years later. There's no logical reason or common sense in doing so.

As Bob as alluded to artistic views and circumstances change. What was developed 50 years ago by a different timeframe can not be compared to the artistic view of 2020. But of course it doesn't make one better than the other either.

And as pointed out by Bob the sleeves in my opening post are homemade by a fan and not distributed outside just done for his or her's pleasure. So they can not be compared to other boots that were distributed for many to own a copy of.
she's well acquainted with a touch of the velvet hand, like a lizard on a window pane

John

Postby John » Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:31 am

Mojo Filter wrote:
John wrote:
Mojo Filter wrote:
No you can't compare items that are 50 years apart. What was developed 50 years ago in different circumstances and timeframe can not be compared to what was done 50 years later, that's common sense, or should be.

Of course you can compare things that are 50 years apart. That's common sense, or should be.

Only to people who can't tell the difference to something that was done 50 years ago to something that was done 50 years later. There's no logical reason or common sense in doing so.

My goodness me, you must live in a bubble.

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:57 pm

We can of course compare everything we want, but when we say "you can't compare x with y" we are using a rhetorical device which in essence is saying, "there's no need to compare x with y because it is evident they are two totally different things".

Can we compare Clyde McPhatter with U2s Bono ? Yes, we can, but there's no need to do it, because it is evident that McPhatter was great, and U2s Bono is crap. Just an example. ;)

John

Postby John » Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:22 pm

Mister Moon wrote:We can of course compare everything we want, but when we say "you can't compare x with y" we are using a rhetorical device which in essence is saying, "there's no need to compare x with y because it is evident they are two totally different things".

Can we compare Clyde McPhatter with U2s Bono ? Yes, we can, but there's no need to do it, because it is evident that McPhatter was great, and U2s Bono is crap. Just an example. ;)

That's very funny, hilarious actually. I like it.

Bob

Postby Bob » Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:28 pm

That is correct!

We can indeed compare Clyde with Bono.
And also Rembrandt with Warhol.
And apples with pears.

In fact, why not start a topic and compare Clyde with pears?
I bet ya it will set the record for the longest ever thread on Phoenix!

Topic author
Mojo Filter

Postby Mojo Filter » Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:51 pm

John wrote:
Mojo Filter wrote:
John wrote:
Mojo Filter wrote:

No bubble for me never been in that situation.

I just use my noddle and some reasonable common sense and intelligence.
she's well acquainted with a touch of the velvet hand, like a lizard on a window pane

John

Postby John » Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:52 pm

Mojo Filter wrote:
John wrote:
Mojo Filter wrote:
John wrote:
Mojo Filter wrote:

Seems it doesn't work.

Topic author
Mojo Filter

Postby Mojo Filter » Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:54 pm

Mister Moon wrote:We can of course compare everything we want, but when we say "you can't compare x with y" we are using a rhetorical device which in essence is saying, "there's no need to compare x with y because it is evident they are two totally different things".

Not a subject that would enter my head, though... :lol:

Topic author
Mojo Filter

Postby Mojo Filter » Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:57 pm

John wrote:
Mojo Filter wrote:
John wrote:
Mojo Filter wrote:
John wrote:
Mojo Filter wrote:

Seems it doesn't work.

Only to you but then you're not exactly the cream of the crop.

Topic author
Mojo Filter

Postby Mojo Filter » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:12 pm

Bob wrote:That is correct!

We can indeed compare Clyde with Bono.
And also Rembrandt with Warhol.
And apples with pears.

In fact, why not start a topic and compare Clyde with pears?
I bet ya it will set the record for the longest ever thread on Phoenix!

And probably the most comical one, too. One that i wouldn't participate in just look in for a good laugh.

John

Postby John » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:29 pm

Mojo Filter wrote:
John wrote:
Mojo Filter wrote:
John wrote:
Mojo Filter wrote:
John wrote:
Mojo Filter wrote:

Seems it doesn't work.

That proves my point.

Topic author
Mojo Filter

Postby Mojo Filter » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:37 pm

John wrote:
Mojo Filter wrote:
John wrote:
Mojo Filter wrote:
John wrote:
Mojo Filter wrote:
John wrote:
Mojo Filter wrote:

Seems it doesn't work.

That proves my point.

Does it, how so?!

You need to follow the conversation more carefully to what is being said and fully understand. Which in the grand scheme of things you don't seem to do.

There's a lot more to my posts with regards to explanations and balancing things out then just picking bits that take to your one-sided fancy.

Now, go back to where Bob made is first post in response to cadillac-elvis then read on from there and pay proper attention. After that then get back to me.

John

Postby John » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:47 pm

Mojo Filter wrote:
John wrote:
Mojo Filter wrote:
John wrote:
Mojo Filter wrote:
John wrote:
Mojo Filter wrote:
John wrote:
Mojo Filter wrote:

Seems it doesn't work.

That proves my point.

Does it, how so?!

You need to follow the conversation more carefully to what is being said and fully understand. Which in the grand scheme of things you don't seem to do.

There's a lot more to my posts with regards to explanations and balancing things out then just picking bits that take to your one-sided fancy.

Only in your mind.

Topic author
Mojo Filter

Postby Mojo Filter » Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:08 pm

John wrote:
Mojo Filter wrote:
John wrote:
Mojo Filter wrote:
John wrote:
Mojo Filter wrote:
John wrote:
Mojo Filter wrote:
John wrote:
Mojo Filter wrote:

Seems it doesn't work.

That proves my point.

Does it, how so?!

Only in your mind.

Just shows you can't be bothered to engage in a conversation. How smart.... not.

John

Postby John » Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:26 pm

Mojo Filter wrote:
John wrote:
Mojo Filter wrote:
John wrote:
Mojo Filter wrote:
John wrote:
Mojo Filter wrote:
John wrote:
Mojo Filter wrote:
John wrote:
Mojo Filter wrote:

Seems it doesn't work.

That proves my point.

Does it, how so?!

Only in your mind.

Just shows you can't be bothered to engage in a conversation. How smart.... not.

Happy to, anytime you have something intelligent to say.

Return to “The Vinyl Countdown”