The Phoenix Clean Up

Share your non-Elvis stuff here

Topic author
John

The Phoenix Clean Up

Postby John » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:56 am

Hello,

We're looking at tidying things up a bit, maybe merging some stuff, or deleting some stuff. We'll also remove a lot of members who have never been active. I appreciate that some people lurk just to get information, or look at photos, or sometimes, as we have seen, to steal things to post elsewhere. Anyway, if there are any changes you'd like to see, or any ideas you have for new sections, please let us know. I can't promise they will happen, but I can promise they will be considered.

Thanks.

jbgude

Re: The Phoenix Clean Up

Postby jbgude » Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:18 am

In my little corner of the world, this Board is EXTREMELY slow over the past month ( so also our Step mom board) ....in fact was just told I could not create a new topic, so I am posting here......

Topic author
John

Postby John » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:37 am

jbgude wrote:In my little corner of the world, this Board is EXTREMELY slow over the past month ( so also our Step mom board) ....in fact was just told I could not create a new topic, so I am posting here......

Have you tried emptying your cache?

It's a speedy as can be here.

jbgude

Postby jbgude » Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:34 pm

Yes. all other sites, I visit frequently load up quickly. ( FB occasionally is a problem) It is just Phoenix and that other one hosted on the same server I think ?

Topic author
John

Postby John » Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:12 pm

jbgude wrote:Yes. all other sites, I visit frequently load up quickly. ( FB occasionally is a problem) It is just Phoenix and that other one hosted on the same server I think ?

Perhaps Colin can raise your case with the IT guru. Anyone else having problems?

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:26 pm

John wrote:
jbgude wrote:Yes. all other sites, I visit frequently load up quickly. ( FB occasionally is a problem) It is just Phoenix and that other one hosted on the same server I think ?

Perhaps Colin can raise your case with the IT guru. Anyone else having problems?

Works ok here.

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:07 pm

John wrote:Perhaps Colin can raise your case with the IT guru.
Anyone else having problems?
Mister Moon wrote:Works ok here.

Mine's OK.

If the problem is shared by others, I'll take it to the IT guru...
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:28 am

I am fine.

Rickeap

Postby Rickeap » Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:47 am

no problem down under.

Topic author
John

Postby John » Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:32 am

So it looks like all is good with other members. Previously when people have had this type of issue, it's been a problem with their computer, and generally they need to clear their browsing history, cookies, and their cache.

https://support.google.com/accounts/ans ... %3DDesktop

If none of this works, take your computer to the nearest river and give it a thorough wash by throwing it in the river, and become a fan of an artist for whom there is no appreciation on the internet.

jbgude

Postby jbgude » Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:17 am

John wrote:

So it looks like all is good with other members. Previously when people have had this type of issue, it's been a problem with their computer, and generally they need to clear their browsing history, cookies, and their cache.

If none of this works, take your computer to the nearest river and give it a thorough wash by throwing it in the river, and become a fan of an artist for whom there is no appreciation on the internet.

Yes Sir! Good idea! I use TWO laptops, though I do admit, they usually lay on a table.....but yes, I shall, sign up with the precipice dick appreciation society.....and think about us constantly. :D

PS: Spoke to a nerdy guy here, and he thinks it could be something to do with my Anti-virus Software.( A previous one, did not allow me to view 'elvisnews')

Topic author
John

Postby John » Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:56 am

jbgude wrote:
John wrote:

Yes Sir! Good idea! I use TWO laptops, though I do admit, they usually lay on a table.....but yes, I shall, sign up with the precipice dick appreciation society.....and think about us constantly. :D

PS: Spoke to a nerdy guy here, and he thinks it could be something to do with my Anti-virus Software.( A previous one, did not allow me to view 'elvisnews')

Aha, a possible solution. I hope your problem clears up. We'd hate to lose you to the precipice dick appreciation society.

Indeed, my laptops get nowhere near the top of my lap unless there is a protective shield there. They get hot.

Private Presley

Postby Private Presley » Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:25 pm

Better to lose you to Precipice dick appreciation society than to Engelbert hampered dick appreciation society!
ImageImage

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:55 pm

jbgude wrote:.......but yes, I shall, sign up with the precipice dick appreciation society.....and think about us constantly. :D

Please let's keep things polite, no need for insults.

That should read Sir Precipice Dick !

Thank you.
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

Topic author
John

Postby John » Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:04 pm

Private Presley wrote:Better to lose you to Precipice dick appreciation society than to Engelbert hampered dick appreciation society!

Yup. Sir PD could at least Move It whereas old Humpy kept begging for it to be released.

Return to “Off Topic”