FECC

Share your non-Elvis stuff here

Topic author
BobDylan

FECC

Postby BobDylan » Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:13 am

Is the FECC site down? I keep trying to log in but the site itself won't load.

Colin B

Re: FECC

Postby Colin B » Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:25 am

BobDylan wrote:Is the FECC site down? I keep trying to log in but the site itself won't load.

I just logged on there with no problem.
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

skabillyrebels

Postby skabillyrebels » Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:47 am

Its ok for me
"Don't tell me to play it. I will when I get ready. Do you understand me?"

Topic author
BobDylan

Postby BobDylan » Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:43 am

skabillyrebels wrote:Its ok for me

Thanks guys. I just emailed them to see what's what.

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:15 am

Are The Netherlands gonna beat Argentina ?

I sure hope so (sorry, Javi).

Yin Yang

Postby Yin Yang » Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:09 am

Mister Moon wrote:Are The Netherlands gonna beat Argentina ?

If so our king will have a hard time. ;-)

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:17 am

Yin Yang wrote:

Which king ?

StefanKock

Postby StefanKock » Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:03 pm

Mister Moon wrote:
Yin Yang wrote:

Which king ?

Probably the Dutch king as the queen is Argentinian.

scottwalker

Postby scottwalker » Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:16 pm

As a Dutch citizen myself, i sure also hope the Netherlands will win. I had my doubts, watching the first three games. Against te US it was better. But Argentina is from another level. We'll see. And not on behalf of the overrated Messi. A football team is eleven, and not one. Messi will never get the status like Maradona. A much better player also. He is the true God of Argentina. Not Messi.

javilu

Postby javilu » Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:07 pm

Well, I hope not so we will have to disagree on that one.

scottwalker wrote:Messi will never get the status like Maradona. A much better player also. He is the true God of Argentina. Not Messi.

The above statement is correct. Maradona also won a world cup, was responsible for one of the greatest goals ever in a world cup dribbling English men left and right so there is that. And considering the country lost a war against the English just 4 years prior, it had a big effect on the Argentinian population.

JimmyCool

Postby JimmyCool » Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:34 pm

BobDylan wrote:Is the FECC site down? I keep trying to log in but the site itself won't load.

It happened to me once; somehow (using VPN probably) I triggered the firewall, and the server thought that some of the traffic from my IP address showed characteristics of a "vulnerability scanner" directed to the FECC server.

Most of the time these are what are considered "false positive" results; however, there is always the possibility that the PC/device has a virus or Trojan. With that in mind, it is highly recommended to run a program like "Malwarebytes" to make 100% sure that the machine is not infected.

Later, by contacting Jordan, he can remove your IP from the firewall's blacklist.

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:36 pm

StefanKock wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:
Yin Yang wrote:

Which king ?

Probably the Dutch king as the queen is Argentinian.

So the queen of The Netherlands is Argentinian. That's cool.

The former king and queen of Spain are, respectively, Italian and Greek, so she's not alone, ha ha. What a circus.

scottwalker wrote:

As a Dutch citizen myself, i sure also hope the Netherlands will win. I had my doubts, watching the first three games. Against te US it was better. But Argentina is from another level. We'll see. And not on behalf of the overrated Messi. A football team is eleven, and not one. Messi will never get the status like Maradona. A much better player also. He is the true God of Argentina. Not Messi.

I don't think Messi is overrated at all. He is a great player, and has won many more cups and awards than Maradona. Diego was also a great player, no doubt about that, but his status is hugely increased by having won that match against England in 1986 (one goal scored with the hand), and of course that world cup. I will even go as far as saying that he is a bit overrated.

javilu wrote:

Well, I hope not so we will have to disagree on that one.

Messi has my sympathy, but I don't like the general thinking that somehow he is owed a world cup. It also seems that referees are very inclined to award fake penalties to Argentina this time around. I don't like that. Also, The Netherlands have two FC Barcelona players in the main team, and Louis Van Gaal is a cool guy too, so they are my faovurites right now.

scottwalker

Postby scottwalker » Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:40 pm

Awards and Cups? You’re right. Still…… the highest a for a football player remains the WC. One that Messi will never achieve. Not in 2014 and also the current WC. Besides that, the goal against England in 1986? Argentina would have won the 1986 WC anyway, with or without that dubious goal.

If you haven’t seen the documentary from 2019 about Maradona, i will advice you to go see it. Im convinced you will agree, then, Maradona is so much better. I actually do think Messi is lazy player. Waiting too much for the ball, as his defense skills are laughable.

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:05 pm

scottwalker wrote:Awards and Cups? You’re right. Still…… the highest a for a football player remains the WC. One that Messi will never achieve. Not in 2014 and also the current WC. Besides that, the goal against England in 1986? Argentina would have won the 1986 WC anyway, with or without that dubious goal.

If you haven’t seen the documentary from 2019 about Maradona, i will advice you to go see it. Im convinced you will agree, then, Maradona is so much better. I actually do think Messi is lazy player. Waiting too much for the ball, as his defense skills are laughable.

I haven't seen the documentary, but I'm pretty familiar with Maradona. Don't get me wrong. I think he is one of the all-time greats. Everybody knows that. I just think that if it wasn't for that World Cup he wouldn't have the status he has. His career was chaotic and, as I said, outside of that WC he didn't win too many cups and awards. Messi is a different kind of player. But I feel that a player's career should be judged on the basis of his achievements, and Messi has had a ton of them, regularly, with FC Barcelona - and that includes maybe 5 Champions Leagues (Maradona had none), and maybe 10 Spanish Leagues (Diego had none, although he won the Italian one maybe a couple of times with Napoli).

Hey, time to move this thread to Off Topic, ha ha.

PTEF-Nest-Janitor
Nest Janitor

Postby PTEF-Nest-Janitor » Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:39 pm

@BobDylan

Turns out a member hit the "Stop Forum Spam" button instead of the PM button (and PM'd me to report the mistake this morning.) I have cleared the record and you should have access again!!!

Return to “Off Topic”