Refugee from FECC

Share your non-Elvis stuff here

Topic author
John Coctostan

Refugee from FECC

Postby John Coctostan » Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:07 am

Well those ding-dongs at FECC have banned me. I made a post questioning drjohncarpenter/Johnny Savage/Saulovich's bizarre bashing of the MRS releases (accusing them of being thieves), while gladly being in bed himself with bootleggers (ie. Madison).......needless to say the post was quickly removed and I was banned.

I did note that this forum is hosted by the same host as FECC.....is it the same administration?

John

Re: Refugee from FECC

Postby John » Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:08 am

John Coctostan wrote:Well those ding-dongs at FECC have banned me. I made a post questioning drjohncarpenter/Johnny Savage/Saulovich's bizarre bashing of the MRS releases (accusing them of being thieves), while gladly being in bed himself with bootleggers (ie. Madison).......needless to say the post was quickly removed and I was banned.

I did note that this forum is hosted by the same host as FECC.....is it the same administration?

Hi John, and welcome.

The precursor to this forum (Too Much Monkey Business) was started because I and others were booted off fecc because of the actions of one idiot, who's still on there.

Eventually TMMB was hacked, so I very quickly started Phoenix (rising out of the ashes). We have the same host who is terrific, but by no means the same admin. Perish the thought. A lot of people came on here purely to knock idiot boy, but that was not the purpose of the forum, although the odd complaint is allowed, if justified. Have a look at the Simple House Rules section.

It's not as active on here, but much friendlier. There's no room for egos, and any troublemakers are soon shown the door. Healthy debates are welcome, insults are not.

So, have a look, fire away, and I hope you enjoy yourself, and by all means feel free to start any topics you wish to. Any suggestions for new sections for the forum are welcome.

Cheers,

John.

Topic author
John Coctostan

Postby John Coctostan » Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:40 am

Hi John, appreciate the welcome, thank you.

Certainly not looking to drag any bad blood over here....just wanted to make sure there were no behind the scenes shenanigans with 'anonymous' moderators, that seem to operate with impunity at that other place.

Looking forward to contributing!

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:49 pm

John Coctostan wrote:Hi John, appreciate the welcome, thank you.

Certainly not looking to drag any bad blood over here....just wanted to make sure there were no behind the scenes shenanigans with 'anonymous' moderators, that seem to operate with impunity at that other place.

Our administation processes are an open book !

Fair comment & constructive criticisms are welcome, but don't hesitate to also post positive comments when applicable...
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

Nolan Truth

Postby Nolan Truth » Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:37 am

John Coctostan wrote:Hi John, appreciate the welcome, thank you.

The issues at FECC are, and always will be the same.
Too many people in one another’s pockets is probably the best way to describe it.
It’s unbalanced.
Nolan is here, with the truth!

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:20 am

Nolan Truth wrote:The issues at FECC are, and always will be the same.
Too many people in one another’s pockets is probably the best way to describe it.
It’s unbalanced.

And yet it thrives !

Most of its membership seem willing to put up with the way it's run.

A lot of those who weren't have left & joined Phoenix !

We're thriving too !
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

HillbillyCat

Postby HillbillyCat » Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:11 pm

John Coctostan wrote:Well those ding-dongs at FECC have banned me. I made a post questioning drjohncarpenter/Johnny Savage/Saulovich's bizarre bashing of the MRS releases (accusing them of being thieves), while gladly being in bed himself with bootleggers (ie. Madison).......needless to say the post was quickly removed and I was banned.

Almost the same with me: I was not banned but I was utterly disgusted about having to deal with or just witness uncontrolled pure narcissism and plain rudeness more than once. Board rules are pointless if they are not used properly and equally to all board members. At a certain point I left there annoyed and with the overall depressed feeling I should stop all social media activities once and for all... until I found this well managed safe harbor here!

So, welcome to the Phoenix forum, John Coctostan! I'm quite sure you will have a good time! ;)

Topic author
John Coctostan

Postby John Coctostan » Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:44 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome HillbillyCat!

I never took any of the bullshit that went on there to heart, in fact my take was that the little cardre of insecure fanatics, reminded me of the obsessive doll & plate collectors I see on Facebook.....just an echo chamber of reach-arounds and immature behaviour....was quite hilarious.

On a positive note, this place certainly seems a better fit for me, the slower pace seemingly higher IQ's! Though I still have a slight concern re. this place having the same host as FECCCP.....which may also put off potential new members from the other place, or not. :D

John

Postby John » Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:49 pm

John Coctostan wrote:Thanks for the warm welcome HillbillyCat!

I never took any of the bullshit that went on there to heart, in fact my take was that the little cardre of insecure fanatics, reminded me of the obsessive doll & plate collectors I see on Facebook.....just an echo chamber of reach-arounds and immature behaviour....was quite hilarious.

On a positive note, this place certainly seems a better fit for me, the slower pace seemingly higher IQ's! Though I still have a slight concern re. this place having the same host as FECCCP.....which may also put off potential new members from the other place, or not. :D

We've had the same host for years. Never been a problem.

Yin Yang

Postby Yin Yang » Sat Oct 21, 2023 8:56 am

There is a difference in hosting a site and a site's administator(s).
The site's administrator(s) design the site and have the ability to monitor what is happening.
The host just makes space and upload-download possibilities available, either for a fee or for free.
I have my (duplicate) files for safety hosted on Mega nz. The first 10GB is free. Do I want more space, I have to pay a monthly fee.
Should my PC crash I still can access (and download) my files through this host.

Richard

Postby Richard » Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:33 pm

I've just been banned, and as far as I'm aware I haven't even posted anything. Says that I've made "personal attacks", but as I say I'm not aware of having done that, and of course I can't check or contact them because I'm banned!

Luckily I don't buy FTDs any more, so I don't need to visit there for info.

prostx23

Postby prostx23 » Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:47 pm

Same here, just went to the site about 5 minutes ago and got the same message. It also said I had been warned previously about personal attacks and baiting. Never did either, never got a y warnings... odd. I sent a message off to see what gives. Maybe the site has been hacked?

PTEF-Nest-Janitor
Nest Janitor

Postby PTEF-Nest-Janitor » Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:15 pm

John Coctostan wrote:Though I still have a slight concern re. this place having the same host as FECCCP.....which may also put off potential new members from the other place, or not. :D

Hey now, what did I do?
This is a playful post. I provide the storage.
Think of it as an American strip mall. The whole mall is owned by the same people. But, I for one would not want to walk in or be seen at the "Victoria's Secret" store without the wife. But there might also be a cool electronics store a couple shops down that I would nerd out in.

And for those above this post who thought they got banned. You didn't. It was a software glitch during an update to all the servers.

Topic author
John Coctostan

Postby John Coctostan » Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:50 pm

PTEF-Nest-Janitor wrote:
John Coctostan wrote:Though I still have a slight concern re. this place having the same host as FECCCP.....which may also put off potential new members from the other place, or not. :D

Hey now, what did I do?
This is a playful post. I provide the storage.
Think of it as an American strip mall. The whole mall is owned by the same people. But, I for one would not want to walk in or be seen at the "Victoria's Secret" store without the wife. But there might also be a cool electronics store a couple shops down that I would nerd out in.

No worries, thanks for the explanation.

PTEF-Nest-Janitor wrote:And for those above this post who thought they got banned. You didn't. It was a software glitch during an update to all the servers.

My banning was no doubt a cunning plan to keep the IQ of that particular board below a predetermined matrix......where's our 'Phoenix Rocks' emoji?!
:lol:

Lonely Summer

Postby Lonely Summer » Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:52 am

Join the club. Crapenter was attacking another member, and I finally had enough of the guy, and dared to post his real name.
Immediate suspension.

Return to “Off Topic”