R.I.P. Trevor Simpson

Share your non-Elvis stuff here

Topic author
Yin Yang

R.I.P. Trevor Simpson

Postby Yin Yang » Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:51 pm

News of Trevor’s sad passing has preceded the announcement from his family.
On 11th January at 10.55pm Trevor passed away at home, peacefully.
The funeral will be held at Halifax Minster on 8th February at 1.45pm, followed by a family committal.

Trevor Simpson is known for his contributions to the book series "Best of British".

Mister Moon

Re: R.I.P. Trevor Simpson

Postby Mister Moon » Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:07 pm

Sad news. All the best to Trevor's family and friends.

The Warder

Postby The Warder » Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:49 am

I will miss Trevor so much, he was a very good friend and we met up every few weeks where we’d have a good old catch up. He would share details on whatever his next project was and it was always Elvis related of course.

His final project was with ‘Bear Family’ so keep your eyes open for this soon. So sad Trevor didn’t get to see this finished but I know that he prioritised this and at least got his part completed.

John Kavanagh will be doing a tribute show for Trevor this Sunday at 5pm GMT : UK time. Link below

https://bluepandaradio.com/blue-panda-gold-radio-player

Thank you Trevor for everything you’ve contributed to the Elvis world. I will miss you dearly my old friend.
Neil Thommesen

colonel snow

Postby colonel snow » Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:20 pm

A good discription of the person he was for the Elvis’ world.

colonel snow

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:36 pm

The Warder wrote:I will miss Trevor so much, he was a very good friend and we met up every few weeks where we’d have a good old catch up. He would share details on whatever his next project was and it was always Elvis related of course.

His final project was with ‘Bear Family’ so keep your eyes open for this soon. So sad Trevor didn’t get to see this finished but I know that he prioritised this and at least got his part completed.

John Kavanagh will be doing a tribute show for Trevor this Sunday at 5pm GMT : UK time. Link below

Thank you Trevor for everything you’ve contributed to the Elvis world. I will miss you dearly my old friend.
Neil Thommesen

So here it is :

Randy Starr : "Presley Style - Lost Elvis Songwriter Demos Vol. 1"
https://www.theelvisforum-phoenix.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15030

The Warder

Postby The Warder » Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:19 pm

Mister Moon wrote:
The Warder wrote:I will miss Trevor so much, he was a very good friend and we met up every few weeks where we’d have a good old catch up. He would share details on whatever his next project was and it was always Elvis related of course.

Neil Thommesen

So here it is :

Randy Starr : "Presley Style - Lost Elvis Songwriter Demos Vol. 1"
https://www.theelvisforum-phoenix.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15030

That’s the one! I was sworn to secrecy about the subject of the set until Bear Family made the announcement.

The Warder

Postby The Warder » Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:57 am

I noticed that they had misprinted the date of Trevor’s passing, I contacted ’Nico’ at ‘Bear Family’ and he made the correction straight away. I was pleasantly surprised when I found out that Randy Starr has enough demos to produce a second volume. Fortunately for everyone, Trevor had completed all of the booklet notes for this release as well. Trevor Simpson was definitely driven with his love and work on Elvis. Not just on this set but on the other projects that he was involved with. To me he was a legend, a friend and I will miss him dearly.
05A14BB1-BA1E-4F45-B48F-C927AE479851.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Off Topic”