Share your non-Elvis stuff here

Mountain Mist

Re: John Lennon - Imagine Deluxe Edition

Postby Mountain Mist » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:41 pm

Jukebox wrote:
Jukebox wrote:
Mountain Mist wrote:
Jukebox wrote:
Mojo Filter wrote:I shall not ignore anyone on this board. If I see a comment that I feel I want to respond to, i will do so regardless.

Mojo Filter, what bothers me most about you, is that you haven't been responding to many of my posts lately. I've been feeling ignored. :cry:

John, Colin B, Ben, or Tony S, will you please tell Mojo Filter to start showing me more attention. I'm beginning to feel lonely and neglected!

Will you take his mind off me, please?

Mojo Filter, I dedicate this song from me to you >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql_yq-8cYlk

:? He might reply to me with this >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VveKyWFnfsE

LOL LOL LOL

Very good.

He could .............. watch this space .................. lol lol

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:00 am

Ben wrote:I'm not John or Colin - I have my own set of teeth and only one wrinkle - but Mojo is breaking no rules that I can see and isn't following you around this place.
He's replying to lots of people's posts on here and doing it in a polite manner.
He, as everyone, can reply to anyone on here.
If you don't want to interact with him you can ignore his replies to your posts.
This post goes to everyone who has issues on here.
Us mods shouldn't need to get involved in it.
Just ignore what you don't like.

Well, I'm Colin & I have my own teeth as well [haven't counted the wrinkles lately].

I have to agree that there is no major infringement of the rules here at the moment, so moderator intervention is unwarranted.

If there's another member whose posts you find irritating, avoid them !

Let's get back to the friendly nature this forum is known for...
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

Mojo Filter

Postby Mojo Filter » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:14 am

Pacer wrote:Lennon was a hypocrite.
Face it.
I don't have any respect for him as a person, how he treated people in private (wife etc.) Or in public (fans etc.) etc.
That's it for me, I lost interest in talking with handpuppets-of-you-know-who long ago.
Get yourself a gum to clean your mouth after...you know .

Let's face it, Elvis was a hypocrite too. He was a serial cheat, a liar and covered up things that he did wrong - so he wasn't perfect as some fans seem to think.

It makes me sad when people try to find faults in other artists just to evaluate Elvis as a person, why?

At least Lennon was open about his faults and didn't try to hide behind a wall and give others the blame.

Nobody is perfect.

What's that Elvis once said in 1972? Oh yes, that's it....

"the image is one thing and the human being is another"
she's well acquainted with a touch of the velvet hand, like a lizard on a window pane

Mojo Filter

Postby Mojo Filter » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:31 am

Bob TCB wrote:Elvis just did not want to face any negativity, which is admitting any wrongdoing. However, unlike John Lennon, Elvis did not beat women, abandon his child or be cruel to disabled people in wheelchairs. Being honest with his faults did not make John Lennon a better person. Part of Elvis's make up was to stay positive, despite increasing negative tensions. Elvis falsely believed that his drug addictions would go away by themselves, while Lennon even composed a song called, "Cold Turkey." Two different people, two different personalities.

Elvis stood up for himself, but would also forgive too. It was how he was raised.

That's right, Elvis didn't like negativity and that was one of his faults, he was a coward couldn't face it.

You go on about Lennon's faults but what about Elvis? Elvis may not have hit women, as far as we know that is...oh, hang on a minute, what's that story in the Memphis Mafia book, where Elvis pulled a girl around by the hair after she confronted him about ten sycophants trying to light his cigarette.... hmmmm, that was nice.

Elvis cheating on his wife who was having his baby and playing around....that's nice.

When Priscilla finally had enough of Elvis' cheating and cruel ways she decided enough was enough and starting to see another man, in this case, Mike Stone. Elvis was so angry that another man took his wife away, which he didn't really, it was Elvis that drove Priscilla away, he decided he wanted Mike murdered....that was nice.

"the image is one thing, the human being is another"
she's well acquainted with a touch of the velvet hand, like a lizard on a window pane

Mojo Filter

Postby Mojo Filter » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:38 am

Jukebox wrote:
Mojo Filter wrote:I shall not ignore anyone on this board. If I see a comment that I feel I want to respond to, i will do so regardless.

Mojo Filter, what bothers me most about you, is that you haven't been responding to many of my posts lately. I've been feeling ignored. :cry:

John, Colin B, Ben, or Tony S, will you please tell Mojo Filter to start showing me more attention. I'm beginning to feel lonely and neglected!

I want Mojo Filter to troll me and stalk me, and I demand that he starts now!!!! (I need the love)

When you say something I feel is worth responding to i will do so. :) But in the meantime.....

Mojo Filter

Postby Mojo Filter » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:39 am

Mountain Mist wrote:
Jukebox wrote:

That is because he has met his match in you, and prefers to pick on whom he considers 'weaker" which is me.

Plus, his sidekick, who agrees with everything he says.

:roll:

Yeah sure....

Mojo Filter

Postby Mojo Filter » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:02 am

Colin B wrote:
Ben wrote:I'm not John or Colin - I have my own set of teeth and only one wrinkle - but Mojo is breaking no rules that I can see and isn't following you around this place.
He's replying to lots of people's posts on here and doing it in a polite manner.
If you don't want to interact with him you can ignore his replies to your posts.

Well, I'm Colin & I have my own teeth as well [haven't counted the wrinkles lately].

I have to agree that there is no major infringement of the rules here at the moment, so moderator intervention is unwarranted.

I still have my teeth too, well may have one less soon as I need some dental treatment. As for wrinkles, I try not to count them. Lol

I've done my best to keep this conversation at a reasonable balance by trying to balance out both artists' faults, and yet, I'm the one thats being attacked - which doesn't bother me in the slightest and I'm quite capable of standing up for myself, it seems some can't take that.

Lennon wasn't perfect and neither was Elvis. But because we are on an Elvis forum, it seems to some people that Elvis was faultless. Why try and bring another artists' faults up just to try and make Elvis look better when he wasn't? I don't understand.

Anyway, that's the last word on this subject from me. I've said my piece.

Oh, I shall be buying the deluxe "Imagine" box set today, will let you know what i think.... can't wait! :D

elvislady

Postby elvislady » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:14 am

Off Topic
Plus, his sidekick, who agrees with everything he says.

Grow Up!
Welcome to my world
http://uk.youtube.com/user/elvislady

Don't judge me. You know my name, But not my story.
Thank you ( Jeanette )

Bob TCB
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby Bob TCB » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:27 am

Mojo Filter wrote:
Bob TCB wrote:Elvis just did not want to face any negativity, which is admitting any wrongdoing. However, unlike John Lennon, Elvis did not beat women, abandon his child or be cruel to disabled people in wheelchairs. Being honest with his faults did not make John Lennon a better person. Part of Elvis's make up was to stay positive, despite increasing negative tensions. Elvis falsely believed that his drug addictions would go away by themselves, while Lennon even composed a song called, "Cold Turkey." Two different people, two different personalities.

Elvis stood up for himself, but would also forgive too. It was how he was raised.

That's right, Elvis didn't like negativity and that was one of his faults, he was a coward couldn't face it.

You go on about Lennon's faults but what about Elvis? Elvis may not have hit women, as far as we know that is...oh, hang on a minute, what's that story in the Memphis Mafia book, where Elvis pulled a girl around by the hair after she confronted him about ten sycophants trying to light his cigarette.... hmmmm, that was nice.

Elvis cheating on his wife who was having his baby and playing around....that's nice.

When Priscilla finally had enough of Elvis' cheating and cruel ways she decided enough was enough and starting to see another man, in this case, Mike Stone. Elvis was so angry that another man took his wife away, which he didn't really, it was Elvis that drove Priscilla away, he decided he wanted Mike murdered....that was nice.

John Lennon was a woman beating coward who mentally murdered his gay manager, Brian Epstein after teasing him in Spain. The man later committed suicide, his heart broken over his love for John. The nasty Beatle cheated on his wife with a Japanese home wrecking,Yoko Ono,who was also married to someone else. Lennon abused others, made fun of cripples in wheelchairs and abandoned his first child, Julian. It does not get anymore cowardly than that. Lennon hung out nude in a filthy apartment snorting cocaine and shooting smack. Lennon admitting that he was a terrible human being was probably his regrets over almost losing Yoko after beating her in an angry rage. Nobody is claiming Elvis had to be perfect, but he certainly was not as violent, cruel and depraved as John Lennon was.

As for Priscilla, Elvis was not the one that deceived her. She knew Elvis was flirty with other women before she married him. As soon as Lisa Marie was born, Pris was planning on taking Elvis to the cleaners, but decided to leave Elvis for Mike Stone, a married man, whose wife was pregnant with their third child or something. You are obviously confused about the true definition of a coward. Elvis was trapped in a bad marriage. He willingly paid alimony and child support. He always saw Lisa Marie.

Topic author
WalterHaleJnr

Postby WalterHaleJnr » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:36 am

Bob TCB wrote:
Mojo Filter wrote:

John Lennon was a woman beating coward who mentally murdered his gay manager, Brian Epstein after teasing him in Spain. The man later committed suicide, his heart broken over his love for John. The nasty Beatle cheated on his wife with a Japanese home wrecking,Yoko Ono,who was also married to someone else. Lennon abused others, made fun of cripples in wheelchairs and abandoned his first child, Julian. It does not get anymore cowardly than that. Lennon hung out nude in a filthy apartment snorting cocaine and shooting smack. Lennon admitting that he was a terrible human being was probably his regrets over almost losing Yoko after beating her in an angry rage. Nobody is claiming Elvis had to be perfect, but he certainly was not as violent, cruel and depraved as John Lennon was.

As for Priscilla, Elvis was not the one that deceived her. She knew Elvis was flirty with other women before she married him. As soon as Lisa Marie was born, Pris was planning on taking Elvis to the cleaners, but decided to leave Elvis for Mike Stone, a married man, whose wife was pregnant with their third child or something. You are obviously confused about the true definition of a coward. Elvis was trapped in a bad marriage. He willingly paid alimony and child support. He always saw Lisa Marie.

Yet another topic of mine that has become derailed. Nice going :evil:

Hey who gives a Fuck, even if Lennon was a woman beater or gay basher, well that's his personal life and Has Absolutely Sweet Fuck all to do with his artistic endeavours either as a Beatles or as a solo musician and writer. That's what we on the outside looking in, should be focusing on, not on crap like this ! But hey, everyone's different, right. Let's not forget that a musician/composer like John Lennon (or Elvis) has been gone for near 38 years and obviously cannot defend themselves regarding on some of these allegations.
Last edited by WalterHaleJnr on Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

elvislady

Postby elvislady » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:38 am

WalterHaleJnr wrote:
Bob TCB wrote:
Mojo Filter wrote:

Hey who gives a Fuck, even if Lennon was a woman beater or gay basher, well that's his personal life and Has Absolutely Sweet Fuck all to do with his artistic endeavours either as a Beatles or as a solo musician and writer. That's what we on the outside looking in, should be focusing on, not on crap like this ! But hey, everyone's different, right. Let's not forget that a musician/composer like John Lennon or Elvis they have been gone for near 38 years and obviously cannot defend themselves regarding on some of these allegations.

I agree.
Welcome to my world
http://uk.youtube.com/user/elvislady

Don't judge me. You know my name, But not my story.
Thank you ( Jeanette )

Topic author
WalterHaleJnr

Postby WalterHaleJnr » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:43 am

really awesome stuff here. LOL it's been quiet since last year's release of Sgt Peppers 50th deluxe for Beatles fans including their solo albums, now all of a sudden Sir Paul releases a new album which topped the charts in America. The Lennon estate have reissued a deluxe edition and bluray on Imagine album and film.

Next month it will be the Beatles THE WHITE ALBUM :D It does not get any better than this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOaoEAYeGoc

Mojo Filter

Postby Mojo Filter » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:09 am

WalterHaleJnr wrote:
Bob TCB wrote:
Mojo Filter wrote:

Hey who gives a Fuck, even if Lennon was a woman beater or gay basher, well that's his personal life and Has Absolutely Sweet Fuck all to do with his artistic endeavours either as a Beatles or as a solo musician and writer. That's what we on the outside looking in, should be focusing on, not on crap like this ! But hey, everyone's different, right. Let's not forget that a musician/composer like John Lennon (or Elvis) has been gone for near 38 years and obviously cannot defend themselves regarding on some of these allegations.

I agree. The music is the most important thing. It's the reason we are all fans of any artist - the music. To hell with the other stuff!

Just for the record: Lennon had absolutely nothing to do with Epstein's death.

Topic author
WalterHaleJnr

Postby WalterHaleJnr » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:14 am

I am often amazed on the lengths some fans out there really do go overboard when reading, discussing and researching any dead singer or actor personal lives, almost dismissing the music and legacies they leave behind. Well that's your prerogative to do so, bit sick I reckon.

Bob TCB
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby Bob TCB » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:24 am

Mojo Filter wrote:
Colin B wrote:

I still have my teeth too, well may have one less soon as I need some dental treatment. As for wrinkles, I try not to count them. Lol

I've done my best to keep this conversation at a reasonable balance by trying to balance out both artists' faults, and yet, I'm the one thats being attacked - which doesn't bother me in the slightest and I'm quite capable of standing up for myself, it seems some can't take that.

Lennon wasn't perfect and neither was Elvis. But because we are on an Elvis forum, it seems to some people that Elvis was faultless. Why try and bring another artists' faults up just to try and make Elvis look better when he wasn't? I don't understand.

Anyway, that's the last word on this subject from me. I've said my piece.

Oh, I shall be buying the deluxe "Imagine" box set today, will let you know what i think.... can't wait! :D

John Lennon got "Instant Karma" when Beatles fan, Mark David Chapman pulled the trigger and shot Lennon in the back. His bloody body was rushed to the hospital where medics frantically tried to save his life. I am sure not going to pay an outrageous amount of cash for a deluxe box set of "Imagine" that the dead ex Beatle did as something he never actually felt. He was an extremely wealthy, selfish rock star, pushing a dated liberal agenda that he never really practiced. It is a crying shame that many people were directly hurt, and in some cases, died because of John Lennon's mental cruelty. Poor Brian Epstein. He was told by Lennon that "You've Got To Hide Your Love Away" but was mentally teased by a psychopathic John Lennon that made the poor man believe that his love was going to be returned. Instead, Lennon mocked him after giving him hope. It is obvious that instant karma had got him. "How Do You Sleep?" was Lennon's vicious attack of his ex songwriting partner, Paul McCartney. Of course. Paul admitted that the two men used to masturbate together with a group of other males before The Beatles got big. It was a recent interview with Sir Paul.

Return to “Off Topic”